Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Closed Thread
Unread 06/19/2015, 02:07 PM   #1
liverock
RC Sponsor

Shipping live rock...how it is done

No fed ex or UPS for live rock, however dry rock can be shipped to your door fed ex....

This is real live rock that is shipped underwater and cannot be sent via fed ex or ups...you read all the time how some folks get their live rock delivered via ground service wrapped in wet newspapers and experience dead loss and stressed out live rock..death....and curing....and other issues....so that defeats the whole purpose of growing and shipping the highest quality live rock on the planet! That is not what this rock is about. This is real live rock that comes to you alive and happily shipped underwater and is added directly to your tank with no issues, every time, no curing no fuss no muss.

Most folks I ship The Package to
http://tbsaltwater.com/thepackage/index.html

never even get an ammonia spike and have a cycled happy reef tank in a week.
http://tbsaltwater.com/testimonials/index.html

I ship via the airlines to your airport. This insures a fast and timely shipment, usually same day to your airport. I pack it in the morning and you pick it up after work. You can safely add this rock to an existing cycled tank with no issues.

Pick up is easy, I supply the shipping info...and you just back up to the air cargo building load your boxes and off you go. It is not where you go as a passenger, the freight facility is in a different location, usually. Is quick, painless and insures you have the best quality live rock on the planet!

And....for weight estimate, for live rock only you can double the amount of rock ordered for an estimate on total weight with water on it. IE fifty pounds of rock will weigh about ninety pounds with the water on it and be shipped in two boxes 17.17.10 inches. All the airlines are at about $90 per 100 pounds shipping charge. I pack 20-25 pounds per box of rock. So 50 pounds of live rock shipped to your airport would be about $90 in freight charges....or a little less. Anything over 100 pounds is an additional .90 a pound.

If ordering a Package, triple the size of the Package for weight estimate on part one, and a little less on part two as you won't have the live sand weight. IE a 30 gallon Package will weigh about ninety pounds part one...and little less on part two.

more shipping info here

http://tbsaltwater.com/ordering/shipping.html

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef

Last edited by liverock; 06/19/2015 at 02:31 PM.
Unread 10/06/2015, 09:30 AM   #2
liverock
RC Sponsor

And this is why real live rock is shipped under water!!

I get these messages all the time......is sad...but beware as I am the only one that ships live rock correctly, underwater as it has to be done if you want real live rock and not a stinky problem.

Hi! I'm very excited that I found your website, I only wish I found it a week earlier because I just purchased 40lbs of "live rock" from another Tampa based rock company and can I just say I think I got ripped off. First of all it didn't say anywhere on the website how the rock was shipped and since I'm new to the saltwater hobby I had no idea what I should be looking for as far as how it is shipped. I just assumed that since it was live rock it would be sent in water. But that was not the case. It was sent through two day fedex wrapped in damp newspaper so of course everything that was alive before it was shipped was definitely dead when it arrived to my house, the only hitchhikers to survive were a few tiny bad anemones. And the smell that came from those bags and boxes was horrifying. I gagged a few times and I'm a vet tech so I deal with poop and blood and vomit all day but that smell was rank. The pictures of the rock on the website were beautiful and it looked decent when it got to me but now that it's in my 65 gal tank everything is dying even more and my ammonia is off the chart high. Anyway, long story short I learned my lesson and will absolutely be buying the rest of my sand/Rock/cleanup package from you. My question is when would it be safe to add new sand and rock now that I have this nasty dying rock in my tank? I have no fish or clean up crew because my tank is pretty new so I'm doing things slowly. Also do you ship to small airports? I live in Royston Ga and can not drive the 2.5 hours to Atlanta or Greenville sc. So I guess what would the closest airport be? Thanks and sorry for my long horror story!
Brittany F.
Sent from my iPhone

www.tbsaltwater.com
Find us on Instagram tbs_liverockrocks

Current Tank Info: mixed reef
Unread 10/25/2015, 03:19 PM   #3
laserjim
Another Day In Paradise

Do you have local pick up ?

Current Tank Info: 430 gallon, 4 radion gen 3pro, 4 T5 bulbs, 60 inch Life Reef skimmer, Apex gold, 2 Dos dosers, ,80 gallon sump. 2 Cor pumps. 2 Ecotech MP 60 powerheads
Unread 10/25/2015, 10:00 PM   #4
figuerres
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by laserjim View Post
Do you have local pick up ?
Email rich and he will give you details, look here for diving for figuerres's rock, I live in new Tampa.

:-)

Current Tank Info: 150 reef tank underway, getting it stocked
Closed Thread