Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Drs. Foster & Smith/LiveAquaria.com > Drs. Foster & Smith Aquatic Supplies
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/05/2009, 08:48 AM   #1
gopens
Registered Member

I don't know what to do

Well I have used you guys a few times over the years and have been more than happy with your service. But I have a rant today. Last week I ordered a aqua-pod w/150 hqi and a bicube 29gl stand. I also ordered a few other items like a bucket of salt, refractometer, sand and a few other things.

Well I was sent tracking info last thursday (6 different tracking numbers which is fine). I checked 3 of the tracking number and they all said that my stuff was going to be here on the 5th (which is today). So yesterday I ordered my live rock so it would be here today because all of my stuff was going to be here today as well (or so I thought). Well last night I checked all the tracking numbers and one item is not going to be here until monday which was sent fedex smart post or something like that. I am not to upset about this because I guess I should of looked at all my tracking numbers the day I got them. I just assumed that they would all get to me the same time. My bad on this one. So now I am going to have to go to the local pet shop and buy a hydrometer because I am sure my refractometer is in the package that will be here on the 9th. So there is another 15 bucks I am going to have to waste because I am going to need to get my salinity correct to add my live rock today and I am not going to use the directions on the salt bag as this can be off a bit. you should ALWAYS test your salt.

Speaking of salinity and salt. I tracked my salt on the day I got the tracking info and it said it was going to be here on the 5th. Well it has now changed to the 6th. So with my live rock coming today I am going to need to get a bag of salt from my pet shop today as well. This is not your fault. I solely blame fedex for this one. But another 6-10 bucks out of my pocket that I would not have to spend if it stayed on track for a delivery today.

But the real weird thing is yesterday I get a random package from my order that I placed with you. It said it was to be delivered on the 5th yet is showed up on the 4th, which is cool I guess. Early is always good. Well it was my stand I ordered. So as I was bulidling it yesterday I noticed that this stand is scratched to hell and some of the tinted glass is messed up on one of the doors. The sratches are mainly on the inside of the stand so I am not to bothered by them. But its a shame that Bicube employees sent this out. These scratches are VERY noticable. There is no way these were not seen. Again not your fault--but this is just part of my rant.

So what do I want for my troubles? Absolutley nothing. I want no replacements for the stand or any refunds on shipping. I just wanted to get some things off of my chest. Biocube will never get a cent of mine again and I will change my futute shippings to UPS. Believe it or not I am not a person to complain. but it is the 4 or so problems I am having that made me write this. Again I have been very happy with guys for a few years now. I think the one thing that could work on your end is to drop this crappy fedex smart post OR let your customers know at check out that one of ths items is being shipped fedex smart post and give an option to pay a bit more to NOT use this shipping method. The rest of my rant falls on Biocube and Fedex. My name is Ken Esterline if you want to check my order. Thanks for listening and have a great day

Unread 03/05/2009, 09:52 AM   #2
dfs/la2
RC Sponsor

Dear Ken,

Thank you for contacting us. We appreciate our customers letting us know how we are doing whether it’s a compliment or something to work on. We apologize for any inconvenience you have experienced. We have coded your customer account for any future orders to ship via UPS only. Unfortunately we are unable to identify what is in each box that you will be receiving today. We sent you a PM to discuss this further.

If you have any further questions please feel free to contact us. We strive for 100% customer satisfaction.

Stacie R
Technical Support
Drs. Foster and Smith

Unread 03/05/2009, 10:41 AM   #3
gopens
Registered Member

I just wanted to give an update. I have been contacted by Stacie with DR F&S and they made it right. They are a stand-up company (I knew they were). Thanks again Stacie for you help.