Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Invert and Plant Forums > Marine Plants & Macroalgae
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/28/2008, 10:48 PM   #26
SunFish2008
Registered Member

Thanks for the picture. I love it ! Smells are deceptive too?

SunFish2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/29/2008, 07:07 AM   #27
johnmaloney
Registered Member.

looks like the common iridescent type. looked good, too bad it didn't stay small.

johnmaloney is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/15/2008, 11:41 PM   #28
Xirxes23
Registered Member

I have this algae too and boy it is about ruining my hobby.

I got this in a 30G cube. it is the ONLY algae in tank. Here is a list of critters currently/in past for algae control:

1: Tuxedo urchin (currently): Does not touch the stuff... picks it up to put on his back though, spreading it further...grrr

2: Nicaraguan Pygmy sea hare (past): Does not touch the stuff

3: Emerald crabs (current): doesnt touch the stuff

4: Asst Hermits (current): Nope

5: Nasarius, cerith, Mexican turbo, trochus, astrea (ninja and reg), margherita, chestnut turbo snails (all current): Nope nope and nope

6: Baby Naso tang (past): Ate every single cell of it from the tank. 2 weeks after he was removed due to job well done, came back full force.

I got sick and tired of it after the naso incident, and removed all rock that had it, and all tank items were removed and bleached if infected (pumps, valves, tubes, grates etc.) And it was GONE for about a month

So i have stripped bare rock and tank with no coraline to speak of due to emeralds and urchin, and yet this stuff is STILL COMING BACK in patches!

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am at wits end. Seriously if you see this stuff, take the rock/coral that it is on and throw it out the window A.S.A.P. im dead serious this is the worst macro algae i have ever seen, and i WORK at a lfs!!!

My next action i think is to bring all of my rock and infected corals into work and stick them in the algae eater tank crawling with hundreds of emeralds for 2 days and then we will see.

I told my GF that if it showed up again i would sell the tank, and she wont let me

Xirxes23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2008, 09:31 AM   #29
Myrddraal
Registered Member

I got rid of it in my display by a combination of manual removal and scrubbing the rock out of the tank. Now it's just in my overflow :/

Unread 02/26/2019, 02:49 PM   #30
thepominlaw
Registered Member

Having the same issues here with my Red Sea max, the dicyota was has been long run and I am still loosing. Completely fed up with the situation so much so I have just ordered a new Red Sea max nano and am going to start again. Shame I have to scrap all my corals just going to transfer my fish.

thepominlaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/27/2019, 06:33 AM   #31
cksss
Registered Member

omg, what is the water parameters, flow and lighting like? i've had hard time keeping them alive

cksss is offline   Reply With Quote