Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/03/2017, 07:27 AM   #3376
choss
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZReef13 View Post
Im thinking its the rock flower, whats your thoughts on them?
I've had a green one for a very long time. Its pretty big now. Only issue is it settled in a spot where it stings a montiporas but that is ok as the monti just grows away from it.

Reef Savvy 96 Gallon Rimless Tank - http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2643140

Current Tank Info: Reef Savvy 96
choss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2017, 09:24 AM   #3377
taat2d
Registered Member

Owners Thread: Innovative Marine Fusion 40

Unfortunately due to family and work, I'll be selling my tank. I just don't have the time for it right now. If anyone is interested in buying it, or knows someone looking, and lives near NYC let me know. I can give you a breakdown of everything I have. I'd like to sell everything together.

taat2d is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2017, 09:53 AM   #3378
SalinFL
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by taat2d View Post
Unfortunately due to family and work, I'll be selling my tank. I just don't have the time for it right now. If anyone is interested in buying it, or knows someone looking, and lives near NYC let me know. I can give you a breakdown of everything I have. I'd like to sell everything together.
I'm sorry to hear that, but as with all of us, you'll be back bigger and better.

How much are you asking for your setup? My nephew is a teacher in NYC, he might be able to put that to a good educational use. I'm going to shoot him a msg

SalinFL is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2017, 02:46 PM   #3379
Pnorris11
Registered Member

Has anyone had the air control lever break off their Ghost Skimmer? During maintenance I dropped the body and it snapped off and it doesn't appear to clip back on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pnorris11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2017, 02:49 PM   #3380
airwaybill
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnorris11 View Post
Has anyone had the air control lever break off their Ghost Skimmer? During maintenance I dropped the body and it snapped off and it doesn't appear to clip back on.

It is glued on. You could probably super glue it back. I've always been very careful with my skimmers. I've broken a few...and it sucks.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 180g Allglass dual megaflow, 125gal sump/refugium, Octopus Extreme series xs200 skimmer, mag12 return, 2 Vortech MP40wES, 3 400watt metal halide 20000k, 2x65w pc on fuge, 3x54w t5. Lots and Lots of happy corals!!!
airwaybill is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/06/2017, 05:26 PM   #3381
taat2d
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SalinFL View Post
I'm sorry to hear that, but as with all of us, you'll be back bigger and better.

How much are you asking for your setup? My nephew is a teacher in NYC, he might be able to put that to a good educational use. I'm going to shoot him a msg
Thanks. With my son playing travel hockey in 3 leagues I just don't have the time to properly care for the tanks inhabitants... But yes, eventually I'll be back!!! LOL

I have quite a bit invested...

Tank/Stand
2 Vortech MP10's
Radion XR15 Gen 4 Pro and bracket
IM Ghost Skimmer
IM MiniMax Reactor
IM 5gal Hydrofoil Reservoir
Tunze Osmolator Nano
RO Buddie RODI
And various other small pumps, Salifert test kits, and Hannah Checkers, Refractometer, etc

Livestock;
2 Snowflake clownfish
Coral Beauty
Tailspot Blennie
Pink Anthias
6 Line Wrasse
Yellow headed Jawfish
Purple Pseudochromis
Various snails

Large Hammer coral
Large Frogspawn
Flowerpot Gonipora
Ricordias
3 small torches
Zoas, some on frag plugs and some attached to rocks

30 pounds of live rock

I don't even know what price to set...

Unread 09/06/2017, 07:28 PM   #3382
AZReef13
Registered Member

Taat2d, yes sorry to hear about breaking it down. Thanks for all your input,,,, good luck

AZReef13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2017, 03:11 PM   #3383
taat2d
Registered Member

Got all the stuff from my tank listed here if anyone needs anything...

http://reefcentral.com/forums/showth...2#post25207512

And thanks AZReef13

Unread 09/11/2017, 11:43 PM   #3384
Pnorris11
Registered Member

Thanks! I was able to get it glued back on. I was needing to create more space for Acros to grow so I changed up the aquascape.

This was surprisingly difficult with corals everywhere but I like the finished product and the tank feels a lot less crammed. Here were a few photos, I'll load some more once the dust settles.

Unread 09/12/2017, 12:02 AM   #3385
Pnorris11
Registered Member

Here was a before - it looks more full but the acros are growing and there was nearly zero room.

Unread 09/12/2017, 07:23 AM   #3386
AZReef13
Registered Member

Pnorris11; Great to hear you don't have to spend 200, on new skimmer. Now more money for Acro's.

Well mine just had first casualty; my Heilfrichi firefish died yesterday. He had been in tank a week, eating crusing around. He was the only fish and tank parameters where in check?

Unread 09/12/2017, 07:24 AM   #3387
AZReef13
Registered Member

Filter socks; how is everyone cleaning thier filter socks? I place two into washing machine and the plastic support broke?

Unread 09/15/2017, 01:32 PM   #3388
airwaybill
meat popsicle

Well...made it thru Irma with out any damage to the house. Battery air pumps kept tank going for first few days then fired the generator up when I found out no power for at least a week. Trees down on lines everywhere but I'm still kicking and so is my tank. Overall it's doing well. Slowing bringing the lights back up to power and monitoring water quality.

Since I haven't fed for a few days to limit waste my damn clown is hangry and beating the fire fish up. She's still eating but not sure she can take too much more. Don't want to transport her or the clown since it's so damn hot and they are already stressed. So I guess we see what happens. This is why I love corals...fish suck.

Otherwise I'm good. The beer is cold, my tank is still alive, and my woman hasn't left me due to no ac. So there is the plus side...lol

Current Tank Info: 180g Allglass dual megaflow, 125gal sump/refugium, Octopus Extreme series xs200 skimmer, mag12 return, 2 Vortech MP40wES, 3 400watt metal halide 20000k, 2x65w pc on fuge, 3x54w t5. Lots and Lots of happy corals!!!
Unread 09/15/2017, 01:35 PM   #3389
Pnorris11
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by airwaybill View Post
Well...made it thru Irma with out any damage to the house. Battery air pumps kept tank going for first few days then fired the generator up when I found out no power for at least a week. Trees down on lines everywhere but I'm still kicking and so is my tank. Overall it's doing well. Slowing bringing the lights back up to power and monitoring water quality.

Since I haven't fed for a few days to limit waste my damn clown is hangry and beating the fire fish up. She's still eating but not sure she can take too much more. Don't want to transport her or the clown since it's so damn hot and they are already stressed. So I guess we see what happens. This is why I love corals...fish suck.

Otherwise I'm good. The beer is cold, my tank is still alive, and my woman hasn't left me due to no ac. So there is the plus side...lol

I was just thinking about all the aquariums that likely died in Florida this week. Glad to hear yours has made it! Hopefully you power will be back on soon.

Unread 09/15/2017, 01:36 PM   #3390
Pnorris11
Registered Member

How warm is the tank?

Unread 09/15/2017, 03:09 PM   #3391
airwaybill
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pnorris11 View Post
How warm is the tank?

Hot!! But everything looks fine. Orp is good too.

Unread 09/15/2017, 03:10 PM   #3392
airwaybill
meat popsicle

That's warmer than I'd like. Hadn't checked it in a few hours and today is Hot! Guess it's time to float a bag of ice in the back.

Unread 10/10/2017, 07:37 PM   #3393
Kayden Nguyen
Registered Member

Hello everyone, this is my first post ever in this forum.
I just upgraded from biocube 29 to 40 gallon innovation. I have the AI Prime HD light came with the tank but I don't know why I haven't gotten a color that I want from RTBA like I had from Chinese Blackbox light. If anyone has picture of the tank under AI Prime HD, I really appreciate it.
One more thing, I try to place the sensor for my ATO, where should I place it? Thank you.

Kayden Nguyen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2017, 11:03 AM   #3394
SchmittyG
Schmitty

I want to add more live rock to increase the height and create a few more tunnels etc... Worried its gonna spike the conditions though, anyone got any advice?

Current Tank Info: 40 gallon Nuvo tank from IM
SchmittyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/03/2017, 04:45 PM   #3395
Pnorris11
Registered Member

Buy some high quality live rock that's been cured or make sure to cure the rock you buy for several weeks before adding to the display. That will help prevent adding any dieoff being added to the tank. Lots of people are selling dry rock or uncured artificial rock as live rock out there these days. Should be relatively easy to check the curing water for PO4 to see if the rock is leaching phosphate.

Unread 11/05/2017, 03:55 PM   #3396
bmjjones17
Registered Member

Pumps

What return pumps are you guys running? Still with the stock pump or have you upgraded?

bmjjones17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/05/2017, 04:15 PM   #3397
Greaser9999
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmjjones17 View Post
What return pumps are you guys running? Still with the stock pump or have you upgraded?
Im running stock. I tried the sicce 2.0 for a couple weeks, just way too big for the sump area so i switched back to stock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Greaser9999 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2017, 03:21 PM   #3398
bmjjones17
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greaser9999 View Post
Im running stock. I tried the sicce 2.0 for a couple weeks, just way too big for the sump area so i switched back to stock.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk
I purchased the Sicce 2.0 and was very disappointed with. Much lower flow than my stock pump. PITA to get in and connected.

Unread 11/06/2017, 03:22 PM   #3399
bmjjones17
Registered Member

I ended up putting my stock pump back in.

Unread 11/06/2017, 03:30 PM   #3400
airwaybill
meat popsicle

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmjjones17 View Post
Stock pump here. Works fine and I'm not going thru the pain of changing. May get a backup stock just in case.