Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/25/2017, 12:20 AM   #51
Hentz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulldog88 View Post
Great looking tank! What is your bulb combo?
Thanks! Bulb combo is 3x Blue + / 2x Coral + / 1x Aquablue Special.
Not what I originally chose, it came with the light fixture when I bought it used. Though I really enjoy the more "natural" look when all bulbs are on.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayvon View Post
Tagging along. This setup is very similar to the one I am planning.
Thank you, looking forward to your setup!

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefmutt View Post
Hey Hentz, looking great!
Frags looks nice and happy.
Looking forward to seeing a high res vid.
Thanks man!

Unread 08/25/2017, 12:24 AM   #52
Hentz
Registered Member

Just a quick shot I snapped tonight.
I did a 10 gallon water change earlier today.
I also moved my Gyre 130 from the back right corner in a vertical position to above the MP40 on the right in a horizontal position as high as it will go. This is creating much mroe surface agitation as prior. Not sure if that helped my pH or what, but it went from averaging 8.1 to 8.3 and is now 8.1 at night. Nothing crazy though I do notice better polyp extension with higher pH.

Unread 08/25/2017, 11:57 AM   #53
reefmutt
Registered Member

With my co2 blasting into my ca reactor, reverse daylight fuge and kalk, my ph is constantly at 8.1. I'm perfectly happy with that...
Looks good in there, nice and clean and corraline looks to be growing as well.

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
reefmutt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/28/2017, 11:16 AM   #54
Hentz
Registered Member

Quote:
With my co2 blasting into my ca reactor, reverse daylight fuge and kalk, my ph is constantly at 8.1. I'm perfectly happy with that...
Looks good in there, nice and clean and corraline looks to be growing as well.
Ohh yeah, I can definitely see how that will easily keep your pH stable! My downstairs is a bit small. So I definitely see a difference when my wife and 4 dogs are in there opposed to just me. Though still too hot here in Vegas to open windows and allow fresh air rolling through the house. Soon though!

Coraline seems to slowly be growing on the live rocks. It's the Coraline it had on originally, very mature looking. I'm okay with it not growing too much and my Acropora out competing it though. Looks great for a little while, but quickly takes over! Lol.

I also need to get my doser up. Noticing some great growth on my corals and I think daily 2-Part will be required soon.

Unread 09/20/2017, 03:06 PM   #55
Hentz
Registered Member

Got some pics of some Acropora! Everything is doing so well still. Had to lower the photoperiod of my Chaeto Reactor as it was taking up too many nutrients and corals paled out a little. Biggest notice was my Strawberry Shortcake which came back within a week with very vibrant colors. I've never been able to keep one for long, but this fella is looking very healthy... Knock on wood!!!!

Here are some close-ups. Trying to get better by stabilizing the camera for macro shots. Kind of hard for a point and shoot!

Strawberry Shortcake Acropora

Unknown Acropora

RR Aussie Gold Acropora - I swear its this coral... Can someone please help clarify?!

Random Acropora

Pink Lemonade Acropora - Finally coming back with some Yellow!

Paletta's Tri-Color Acropora

Green Slimer Acropora

Becker Tort Acropora - Again, I think it is a Becker.. Please correct me if I am wrong!

ATL Joleen Acropora

Unread 09/22/2017, 08:21 AM   #56
Usernam Invalid
Moved On

Some nice healthy looking sticks you got there

Usernam Invalid is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/22/2017, 08:54 PM   #57
reefmutt
Registered Member

Looks like things are on the verge of really exploding!
Looking really good!

Current Tank Info: 53x32.5x26 190g dt 60g of sumps 3 tank-100 gal frag system 6xAI prime 8xt5. 4x maxspect gyre. Skimz Dual internal sicce pump skimmer Deltec PF601s ca rx+Kalk stirrer
Unread 09/27/2017, 04:58 PM   #58
Hentz
Registered Member

Thanks guys!

@reefmutt, you must have jinxed my Coraline or perhaps saw some I was completely unaware of! My tank is exploding in Coraline algae. First started with my MP40's (from what I saw), then my overflow/back wall. Today I noticed nice clumps of it growing on the rocks lol.

Tank is doing good, been busy with other stuff. Trying to remind myself to feed the fish everyday and monitor Alkalinity at its best lol.
I'm not being lazy, but trying to not do any water changes and seeing how my corals react as I was doing 10% weekly.. Nothing insane, just enough to clean the sand.

Unread 09/27/2017, 05:03 PM   #59
Wrangy
Acrotrooper

The tank is coming along really well Hentz!! It's going to look stupid in a couple of months time

Courtesy of Nils:
"you are welcome to your nem / flub tank because we need people like you to balance the sick ( sick in the head SPS OCD ) speaking for myself here!!"
Wrangy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/05/2017, 03:24 PM   #60
codydemmel4
Registered Member

looks really good!

Where are you keeping your params now and are you still dosing coral snow? If so, why are you doing that?

I had some local reefers say they love it for the water clarity the next day after dosing and their skimmer and filter socks seem to pull more once they started dosing

SPS Dominant 180 gallon.

Link to my tank: http://reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2618245
codydemmel4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/07/2017, 06:11 PM   #61
Hentz
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by codydemmel4 View Post
looks really good!

Where are you keeping your params now and are you still dosing coral snow? If so, why are you doing that?

I had some local reefers say they love it for the water clarity the next day after dosing and their skimmer and filter socks seem to pull more once they started dosing
Parameters are:
Salinity: 1.026
Calcium: 420
Alkalinity: 7.5-8
Magnesium: 1350
Nitrates/Phosphates: ?? Not sure, haven't measured in a while.

I've used Coral Snow for quite some time now and I do really enjoy it. However I haven't used it in the past month or so, felt no need for it. Tank has been completely clear for a while now.

Unread 10/07/2017, 06:12 PM   #62
Hentz
Registered Member

Picked up some goodies from my favorite LFS here in town. They had a buy one, get one deal.... Why would I pass that up?!

Not sure what this is, but gosh dang I couldn't keep my eyes off of it since it came in a few weeks ago. Was a larger colony but the shop couldn't sell it so they cut it in a few chunky frags.

This is a random Tenuis. Looks like it has some potential nice colors in the mix. Noticing slight purple tips in there, excited to see how this one cooks up.

Unread 10/09/2017, 01:44 PM   #63
reefmutt
Registered Member

Nice Hentz, we might need a before the explosion fts!
Nice new frags.

Unread 10/21/2017, 07:08 PM   #64
Hentz
Registered Member

Picked myself up a LumiLite Actinic Blue LED bar today. Blown away at the colors under the LED when its on by itself.. Didn't know these colors existed in my tank!

Working on getting a little tripod for my camera that will work IN my tank. Until then, you'll get fuzzy-ish pics because I can't keep still enough for a high quality shot :P

This is my Walt Disney frag. Been trying to get it to color up nicely, and it is... Slowly.. Though under the Blue LED's its a freaking beaut!! This was taken with the Orange Filter in front of my lens.

Unread 10/22/2017, 09:54 AM   #65
reefmutt
Registered Member

Nice pe and its base is spreading well. Very sexy!

Unread 11/16/2017, 12:05 PM   #66
Hentz
Registered Member

I've been MIA for a little while, sorry for that! Work and everything else has been busy. My tank is just running itself with little water changes. I even let my Alk get a little too low and corals looked pretty pale from that and the intense lighting.
Finally got my tank on a stable dosing schedule. Just had to up it this morning as I don't think my 20ml Alk/Cal per day is keeping up.
Went to a local frag swap here in town that was located at the ATM shop where "Tanked" is filmed. Really cool to see it there! Picked up some sexy new pieces including one I've always wanted, an Orange Passion Acropora!! Also got two frags from a shipment that Reef Raft also gets, also a classic PC Rainbow mini colony. And I got a very nice and chunky Red Planet as you can see it glowing on the far right of my FTS below.

My parents also surprised me with the new iPhone X... Wow does it take some nice shots! In fact, much much better than my 6+ or even my Fuijifilm XP120 for FTS's!!
So down below is a much updated FTS with only Blue LED's on and an orange filter in front of the lens!

And a picture of my Orange Passion

Unread 11/16/2017, 12:22 PM   #67
reefmutt
Registered Member

Nice! That red planet is screaming.
you'll love the op when it gets bigger.
Very jelly about the X!

Unread 11/17/2017, 06:29 PM   #68
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

I really like your scape!

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/25/2017, 01:23 PM   #69
Hentz
Registered Member

Reef is filling in nicely! I’m officially full Trition and still trying to figure out my tanks uptake. I was dosing way more than I thought I needed and raised my Alk from 7-10 in 3 days. Killed one acro that was a random, so not too upset. But everything else just got upset and paled out a little. However everything is back on track!

Just wanted to say Merry Christmas to all and post a little FTS update.

Last edited by Hentz; 12/25/2017 at 09:48 PM.
Hentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2018, 02:11 AM   #70
Hentz
Registered Member

Broke out the camera tonight to get some close ups. Posting some pics from above to show some solid before/after. The before pics were taken about 3 months ago.

Walt Disney Acropora

Pink Lemonade Acropora

Strawberry Shortcake Acropora

Random Millepora.

PC Rainbow Acropora - New addition a month or so ago. Haven't had any before pictures.

Random Tenuis Acropora. New addition a month or so ago. Haven't had any before pictures. This had yellow coralites before. Not sure whats going on with it, but the more it cooks, the better it looks. Developing some pink in the tips.

Last edited by Hentz; 01/03/2018 at 02:18 AM.
Hentz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/03/2018, 02:18 AM   #71
Hentz
Registered Member

Random Millepora. This was a completely random purchase at my LFS. It sat for weeks and weeks until I finally just swooped it up for $10 as a tiny frag. Now its looking thick and starting to sprout!

Unread 01/09/2018, 07:42 PM   #72
reefmutt
Registered Member

Hey Hentz, Corals are looking really good. Nice growth too.
That wd is just crazy!

Unread 01/21/2018, 11:34 AM   #73
Hentz
Registered Member

Quote:
Hey Hentz, Corals are looking really good. Nice growth too.
That wd is just crazy!
Thanks man!
Yeah it’s really looking pretty!! I just lowered my ATI a week and a half ago. It’s already starting to gain more color finally! It’s definitely the brightest Acro in my tank right now.

Unread 01/21/2018, 05:38 PM   #74
Ucantwin
Registered Member

How high are your lights from the water before and after?

Ucantwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2018, 06:41 PM   #75
Hentz
Registered Member

@Ucantwin they were about 10” off before. I lowered them to about 6”. Always been so careful since I ran ULNS and Alk around 7. Couldn’t Blast them like I could right now with my T5’s.

Here’s a little progress snapshot with daylights on. Quite a big difference! Can’t wait to see it in another 5 months.