Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/18/2007, 08:30 PM   #1
Black71gp
Registered Member

Food

What is the best food for a mixed fish tank.. i have quite a few tangs.. and such.. an emperor angel, and other stuff... I mixed some of my own food up but noticed some slight signs of HLLE on a few fish.. would garlic help? what type can i just get cloves and mash them up? or a liquid type? any vitamins should be adding? anything to help with color or HLLE? any opinions on a good thing that should be added when making your own food???

I used some cube form of formula 2, some prime reef, a few sheets of nori, squid, silversides, shrimp, krill, some DT's, mysis shrimp, some brine shrimp, and a little bit of flake and pellet food i had laying around... any thoughts would be great....

Current Tank Info: 315 reef... with a 900 gallon lagoon. and 100 gallon skimmer :)
Black71gp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2007, 08:49 PM   #2
dadonoflaw
Registered Member

i hear selcon and other vitamin supplements help w/ hlle. the food choices sound appropriate.

Current Tank Info: 55 gal freshwater and 180 gal reef
dadonoflaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/18/2007, 09:21 PM   #3
black_majik
Registered Member

Vitamins, garlic extract, fatty acid additives, vitamin C, and Selcon for additives. Mixed veggies, some sponges ( easily found in angel forumlas), MYSID shrimp ( mysis is a freshwater shrimp), some clams etc.

Current Tank Info: A couple: A 75 about to get a makeover, 20g Fish Holding Tank, 12g Reef W/ Anemones and yes Uncle Frosby they are indeed mushrooms.
black_majik is offline   Reply With Quote