Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > SouthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Tampa Bay Reef Club
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/19/2015, 03:56 PM   #1
BryanS4
Registered Member

Battlecorals

I haven't seen many threads on RC about these guys, but I figured I'd try them out after reading some really good things on another forum. Anyone local tried them before?

The customer service provided by Adam was outstanding. Answered my first email right away and then had some exchanges via text to finalize the pack I wanted. He made some really good suggestions and even offered a few things not listed on his site.

Everything is cut to order, so this won't ship right away, but will post an update once I receive the frags. Ordered 11 in total and he really takes care of you if you place a decent sized order (price wise).

I didn't save pics of two of them not listed on the site, but below are 9 of 11. I'm going to post the pictures from his site and will update when I get pics of the frags.

I'm really looking forward to getting these in the tank.

Pixie Stick

Soft Rainbow Milli

Premoberry

Rainbow Jewel

Couchburn

BC Xmas

Yellow Tort

Shades of Fall

Efflo 2.0

Last edited by BryanS4; 06/19/2015 at 04:04 PM.
BryanS4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/19/2015, 04:26 PM   #2
Russ750
Registered Member

I've dealt with Adam a few times. Excellent experience every time.

Unread 06/19/2015, 07:17 PM   #3
IrishTang
Registered Member

Nice looking pieces!

IrishTang is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2015, 07:33 AM   #4
BryanS4
Registered Member

Frags on the way, should arrive this morning.

1. shades
2 Pixie
3 Yellow tort
4 Purple flame
5 BC efflo
6 Premoberry
7Couchburn
8 BC Xmas
9 Rainbow Jewel
10 The Durban
11 Soft rainbow

Unread 06/26/2015, 07:38 AM   #5
shred5
Registered Member

I am local to Adam .. Good guy and has a green thumb when it comes to corals... You should have no issues.

Unread 06/26/2015, 08:12 AM   #6
oblio
Registered Member

Nice looking frags for sure. But *** is with the names of corals on his site? The corals are beutiful but the names......... really?

Unread 06/26/2015, 02:04 PM   #7
rtbm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblio View Post
Nice looking frags for sure. But *** is with the names of corals on his site? The corals are beutiful but the names......... really?
I'll field this one Thanks for bringing it up and for the kind words. Really appreciate it.

I am the kind of guy that cant really take naming sps all too seriously. Never really have and probably never will. When I first started up, I really tried to sell sps without names, and did my best at species identification, but guess what? No one cared at all about those acros until I slapped names on them. No matter how silly or ridicules.

There were threads with "10 Aussies pack" for like 100.0 with exceptional looking acros, that nobody went near.

As soon they very same sps had a name, they were instantly more desirable. The market had spoken.

So to answer your question, the name game is one I am forced to play, but I do so with my tongue lodged deeply in my cheek while I do it. and the longer I do it the more outlandish they get.

L.Person

Current Tank Info: 30x30 miracles starfire sps reef + 800 gal sps prop system
rtbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2015, 04:48 PM   #8
Blueline12
Registered Member

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by oblio View Post
nice looking frags for sure. But *** is with the names of corals on his site? The corals are beutiful but the names......... Really?

Blueline12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/26/2015, 06:28 PM   #9
dbo863
Registered Member

Haha that is actually one thing I love about Adam the crazy mixed up names poking fun at the other vendors. Bloodbath Unicorn, Him Hawyer, Not another ***** efflo love them. Adam is a great vendor goes above and beyond can't wait to get my tank ready for my next pack.

dbo863 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/27/2015, 08:13 AM   #10
rtbm
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blueline12 View Post
+1
see post just above yours

L.Person

Current Tank Info: 30x30 miracles starfire sps reef + 800 gal sps prop system
rtbm is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2015, 08:38 AM   #11
reefcrazy0821
Registered Member

How are the frags doing since you got them?

reefcrazy0821 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2015, 09:33 AM   #12
BryanS4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefcrazy0821 View Post
How are the frags doing since you got them?
Looking pretty good. Starting to color up over the past few days.

Unread 07/01/2015, 10:28 AM   #13
reefcrazy0821
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanS4 View Post
Looking pretty good. Starting to color up over the past few days.
That's good to hear man. I just recently started adding frags to my system, so far everything is good. I'm prolly gonna put a order in with Adam in the near future. I've heard nothing but good things about him. Glad to hear your frags are doing well.

Unread 07/01/2015, 02:56 PM   #14
BryanS4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by reefcrazy0821 View Post
That's good to hear man. I just recently started adding frags to my system, so far everything is good. I'm prolly gonna put a order in with Adam in the near future. I've heard nothing but good things about him. Glad to hear your frags are doing well.
Buy with confidence, great seller. I see you live in Spring Hill. You're more than welcome to swing by and check them out before placing an order if you like.

Unread 07/01/2015, 02:58 PM   #15
anbosu
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtbm View Post
I'll field this one Thanks for bringing it up and for the kind words. Really appreciate it.

I am the kind of guy that cant really take naming sps all too seriously. Never really have and probably never will. When I first started up, I really tried to sell sps without names, and did my best at species identification, but guess what? No one cared at all about those acros until I slapped names on them. No matter how silly or ridicules.

There were threads with "10 Aussies pack" for like 100.0 with exceptional looking acros, that nobody went near.

As soon they very same sps had a name, they were instantly more desirable. The market had spoken.

So to answer your question, the name game is one I am forced to play, but I do so with my tongue lodged deeply in my cheek while I do it. and the longer I do it the more outlandish they get.
That's hilarious.

anbosu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/01/2015, 03:16 PM   #16
reefcrazy0821
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanS4 View Post
Buy with confidence, great seller. I see you live in Spring Hill. You're more than welcome to swing by and check them out before placing an order if you like.
Good stuff man. Yea I live in spring hill, behind lowes on 19. I appreciate the offer and wouldn't mind if and when you have some free time to come by and check them out. You ended up getting a handful of some of the ones I wanted.

Unread 07/01/2015, 05:55 PM   #17
Specfishin
Registered Member

Those are amazing looking! All of them! I'll be checking out battlecoral in the near future.😀

Specfishin is offline   Reply With Quote