Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/05/2016, 09:12 PM   #1
Salty150
Registered Member

So before I get too excited - how much?

OK, I was looking at the new Vertex Supra C+ series sumps...

And I was told to look at the Dreamboxes.

What kind of prices are the Dreamboxes?

I was already hedging away at $2500 for the Vertex.

Salty150 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/05/2016, 10:16 PM   #2
ArmanS
Registered Member

The dream boxes without the skimmer and pump are typically between $1500 - 2500 for most sizes but the shipping will be the same =/ but I would get a dream box instead. The vertex lines are small and so crowded!

Unread 04/05/2016, 10:52 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Salty150 View Post
OK, I was looking at the new Vertex Supra C+ series sumps...

And I was told to look at the Dreamboxes.

What kind of prices are the Dreamboxes?

I was already hedging away at $2500 for the Vertex.

Dreambox prices are pretty wide ranging depending on size, options etc. There are a lot of options when it comes to Dreamboxes and current models ship from Germany as they are built to order. Shipping isn't cheap as a result but these are no expense spared filter systems that use the best of the best when it comes to materials and craftsmanship. First of 2017, we should be stocking a range of Dreambox filter systems in the US at the Ft.Myers facility.

Here is a link to the Dreambox page in the international website. All prices are in Euro so you will need to do some conversion to get the US dollar cost. Shipping from the factory to a local international airport typically runs $700-$1000. Door to door delivery is substantially higher. That said, I've seen the Vertex sumps and they don't even remotely compare. To me, they aren't very well thought out in terms of maintenance and form. It just seems like that packed as much into the box as they could and called it a day. Obviously beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but you are really comparing apples and oranges in terms of quality and the components but you end up paying more for the Royal Exlusiv quality too.

http://royalexclusiv.net/Dreamboxes:...ea05952525af61

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 04/05/2016 at 10:59 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2016, 09:19 AM   #4
Salty150
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
Dreambox prices are pretty wide ranging depending on size, options etc. There are a lot of options when it comes to Dreamboxes and current models ship from Germany as they are built to order. Shipping isn't cheap as a result but these are no expense spared filter systems that use the best of the best when it comes to materials and craftsmanship. First of 2017, we should be stocking a range of Dreambox filter systems in the US at the Ft.Myers facility.

Here is a link to the Dreambox page in the international website. All prices are in Euro so you will need to do some conversion to get the US dollar cost. Shipping from the factory to a local international airport typically runs $700-$1000. Door to door delivery is substantially higher. That said, I've seen the Vertex sumps and they don't even remotely compare. To me, they aren't very well thought out in terms of maintenance and form. It just seems like that packed as much into the box as they could and called it a day. Obviously beauty is in the eyes of the beholder but you are really comparing apples and oranges in terms of quality and the components but you end up paying more for the Royal Exlusiv quality too.

http://royalexclusiv.net/Dreamboxes:...ea05952525af61
Well, I don't mind paying a little more for higher quality.

But I do mind when you are touting the opening of your US division/storefront in 2015 - but, arguably, one of your most touted products won't be available until 2017.

And the fact that your US webpage is still advertising on the front page splash in large lettering "Join us at our booth 707 at the MACNA in Washington DC. September 4-6, 2015."

That was over 7 months ago.

It just seems that Royal Exlusiv really isn't putting much into its US division or launch.

Just my .02

Unread 04/06/2016, 10:18 AM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Well, I don't mind paying a little more for higher quality.

But I do mind when you are touting the opening of your US division/storefront in 2015 - but, arguably, one of your most touted products won't be available until 2017.

And the fact that your US webpage is still advertising on the front page splash in large lettering "Join us at our booth 707 at the MACNA in Washington DC. September 4-6, 2015."

It just seems that Royal Exlusiv really isn't putting much into its US division or launch.

Just my .02
Yes, I agree, the webpage needs to be updated.. The MACNA stuff is old news. As for not putting much effort into the US market.. I guess $250,000 + in on hand inventory of Bubble King skimmers and Red Dragon pumps and spare parts in Ft Myers doesn't account for much. Nor does 7 day a week email, forum and even phone support as well as two US based Royal Exclusiv team members monitoring every correspondence 7 days a week. Perhaps you should see how the competitor handles their US support and service and what their commitment to inventory is. I think you might just be very surprised.

To date, the Dreamboxes have always been custom made to order with a several week lead time. This is due in large part to the relatively limited demand for these products in the US and the custom nature of every Dreambox order. It's been a business model that customer accepted. Those that know the Dreambox's and their quality have always been more than willing to wait and to date, very few orders have been lost due to lead times. I think the biggest deterrent has always been shipping costs. On the other hand, these sumps are not for everybody either. These are no expense spared sumps with every component being CNC milled and hand assembled and hand welded. Everything is produced in Germany and nothing is produced in China unlike the competitor.

For the record, our mainstay products have always been the Bubble King Skimmers and the Red Dragon pumps. Dreambox's are not really even marketed in the states. At least not to date. The move to maintaining Dreambox inventory in the US is a major move and change for Royal Exclusiv It is also a substantial commitment for this particular product line. Especially when you consider the high cost and low margin of these hand crafted filter systems.

Over the last year, Dreambox sales have skyrocketed both in the US as well as worldwide. Same can be said about skimmer and pump sales. This has necessitated the move to a larger production facility. Reality is that with the current demand for all the above products, the production line isn't large enough to meet the existing needs as well as prepared to handle the additional volumes required to fill a container the size of a semi truck trailer full of Dreambox's. With the pending move and the increase in the production line size as well as increased staff at the facility in Germany, that will facilitate the ability to produce more Dreambox's in a short amount of time so that a container can be filled with them for the US market in parallel with keeping up with world wide demand.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2016, 11:14 AM   #6
danrobberg
Registered Member

The U.S. Support is amazing. I've called Scott on the phone out of the blue and had all my questions answered immediately. Every email I have sent him has gotten a reply within minutes. This is much more than can be said of other companies based outside of the U.S.

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2016, 08:21 PM   #7
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
<cut>
<cut>
I think Scott already answered this one pretty well, we're now in Q2 2016, with current lead times the production will be pushed right into the time that the factory will be shutting down to move. This will take some time, downtime of the production floor, and something will arguably go wrong causing more delay.
I, for one, am quite happy that the decision to temporarily stop accepting Dreambox orders was reached as it is only fair to the customer. Nobody likes to wait, and have to deal with production delays.
Yes, Dreamboxes have started to reach the US, and I believe everyone that has received one has been happy with the product, but these are still individually built, and delays happen.

Quote:
<cut>

<cut>
Yes, indeed. However this has nothing to do with US division and lack of commitment to the US market. Simply how they would like the website - it's their way of adding the most recent content to the top. In a matter of fact, please have a look at the German site, and you'll see the same *wink* "design" *wink* ..

Quote:
<cut>
Just my .02
You're .02 are duly noted, however it seems you're not putting much into your argument. Seriously... $0.02? You couldn't spare a buck?

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2016, 12:09 AM   #8
ArmanS
Registered Member

I also agree that the US Support is amazing.. I have been emailing Scott and Torsten regarding a Dream Box Order and get replies within a few hours!

Top quality products such as the Dream Box and even if you look at the Vertex Sump are very difficult to mass produce. Vertex announced their sumps @ interzoo in 2014 and are just hitting the market now.

Unread 04/07/2016, 10:17 AM   #9
Salty150
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post

You're .02 are duly noted, however it seems you're not putting much into your argument. Seriously... $0.02? You couldn't spare a buck?
I have to save all my money so I can afford a Royal Exclusiv

Unread 04/07/2016, 04:12 PM   #10
michaelrc51
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrobberg View Post
The U.S. Support is amazing. I've called Scott on the phone out of the blue and had all my questions answered immediately. Every email I have sent him has gotten a reply within minutes. This is much more than can be said of other companies based outside of the U.S.
+1 for Scott's customer service. He's a true enthusiast who could talk and/or help with the design with a quick response..

My original inquiries were just to see if the high price tag was worth it compared to other "similar" units. After adding up all of the pumps, reactors, and skimmer the actual price for the sump itself was on par with any other higher end sump maker.

In my case the build quality, design of the seems and the gas welding making it virtually impossible to leak, and ease of maintenance made the purchase a no brainer once I realized that the numbers were much closer than it first appeared.

michaelrc51 is offline   Reply With Quote