Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/07/2018, 02:21 PM   #51
gcarroll
Registered Member

I spoke with Paul during my lunch today. I can assure you that if the origin of the pump was mismarked, it was simply missed when the website was edited with all the new pics with new pumps. I couldn't find any of the other skimmers with the same issue. I now have an understanding of the direction that the company is going and also gave him a few ideas to changes that I would like to see. Looks like he is working on the OP's issues and hopefully they can be rectified soon. I can say that contacting him was as easy as googling the company and calling the number. He answered on the first ring.

SPS = Stability Promotes Success
Be wary of advice coming from those who will not show you the fruits of their success!

Current Tank Info: building: 250g AGE Euro tank, Abyzz A200, Vertex Supra-G filtration, Ecotech Radion Pro LEDs, ...

Last edited by gcarroll; 09/07/2018 at 02:35 PM.
gcarroll is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2018, 03:32 PM   #52
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gcarroll View Post
I spoke with Paul during my lunch today. I can assure you that if the origin of the pump was mismarked, it was simply missed when the website was edited with all the new pics with new pumps. I couldn't find any of the other skimmers with the same issue. I now have an understanding of the direction that the company is going and also gave him a few ideas to changes that I would like to see. Looks like he is working on the OP's issues and hopefully they can be rectified soon. I can say that contacting him was as easy as googling the company and calling the number. He answered on the first ring.
I see you've taken a personal interest on this, and for good reasons i'm sure, and I do respect that.
I have to disagree with you though, on the ease of contacting him. I have googled looking for a phone number. The only thing that comes up is ATB financial.

ATB USA comes up as well, but the website does not have a phone number.
This is where it should be.

The emails should also have proper salutation and signatures with complete contact information including phone numbers.

After all this, Paul did apologize for not being able to get back to me on my questions, citing personal reasons, which I'm okay with.

It can happen to the best of us....

Current Tank Info: 180 Gallon, 3 G4 Radions
Mike de Leon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/07/2018, 04:28 PM   #53
reeftivo
Skim junkie

there IS contact info on the site under site help/FAQ tab

have to go to ATB-USA.com page

Current Tank Info: 60 gal cube/20g tideline sump-mixed reef, Aquamaxx c-tech Ca Rx, Akula 160 skimmer, paxbellum N18, mitras LX7 lighting with T-5s, apex controller
reeftivo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2018, 05:20 PM   #54
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

So upgraded to the 840 with the extra cost only to receive it with the seam as well, only this time the neck is leaking.....

Unread 09/19/2018, 03:28 AM   #55
tom obrecht
Registered Member

Geez...I can’t believe this hasn’t been resolved. I’d return it and go a different route. My apologies once again for the company appears it has majorly changed. Bummer!

Unread 09/19/2018, 06:52 AM   #56
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

So to be fair, the leak have stopped. The skimmer seems to be performing well. The DC pump is quiet.
So I’m happy about that. At the end, it’s really the skimming that matters.
The company need to work on how they do business.

Unread 09/19/2018, 12:18 PM   #57
tom obrecht
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike de Leon View Post
So to be fair, the leak have stopped. The skimmer seems to be performing well. The DC pump is quiet.
So I’m happy about that. At the end, it’s really the skimming that matters.
The company need to work on how they do business.
Still disappointing in my eyes. ATB use to be a top shelf company including service AND equipment. Doesn’t sound it’s at that level anymore.

Unread 09/19/2018, 12:31 PM   #58
solitude127
Proud user of IO Salt!

I've given ATB a lot of love over the years and thankfully my Elegance still works well but seeing this thread has me 2nd guessing suggesting ATB skimmers.

ReefKeeping.com TOTM Nov 2012
Socalireefs Featured Reef Oct 2011

Current Tank Info: 60*30*20, 8x54 ATI Powermodule, ReefBrite XHO, ATB Elegance 200, Aquamaxx CTech CaRx, Ecotech Vortechs, Apex Controls, WM Ecobak powered. RedSea Reefer 170, MP10, Apex Jr, Ecotech Radion XR15, Aquamaxx WS-1
solitude127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/19/2018, 12:57 PM   #59
tom obrecht
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by solitude127 View Post
I've given ATB a lot of love over the years and thankfully my Elegance still works well but seeing this thread has me 2nd guessing suggesting ATB skimmers.
Exactly! I’ve never had an issue with my skimmer and I’ve suggested numerous times that ATB is an excellent brand to go with. Perhaps those days are over.

Unread 09/19/2018, 08:07 PM   #60
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

So here’s the skimmer. Two days worth of skimmate. I’ve had about seven skimmers. This by far now is my favourite. Hopefully it will last without anything breaking.
I am hoping that these experiences will allow for the business to grow. They need to work on communication amongst other things. We need to give them a chance.

Unfortunately the picture will not load.
I already have over 1” of skimmate. Hardly any time needed to break in.

Last edited by Mike de Leon; 09/19/2018 at 08:17 PM.
Unread 09/20/2018, 07:14 AM   #61
gary504504
Registered Member

Seems to me like the company is cutting quality but not price,rebranded jebao pumps and seam on the body is fine when you purchase from companies like aqua euro,eshopps etc.but when buying from a company like atb who is often mentioned with the likes of bubble king, vertex and deltec this is unacceptable, if you paid 400 for a skimmer rated 500 gallons id say hey thats cheap and lower quality is to be expected, but 400 bucks for a nano at the prices they fetch quality should be near perfect, eshopps a far inferior skimmer with way less name recognition than atb uses sicce psk pumps and not jebao, hope the skimmer last for you and it probably will til the day the warranty exp.then get you a bubble king,vertex omega or alpha line,deltec or the like,jebao is nice and i use there rw pumps as i write but i didn't pay tunze or ecotech prices for them,,you wouldn't go to an expensive Restaurant if they microwaved a swanson meal and charged 100 bucks a plate,so i wouldn't expect a premium highly priced skimmer to come with cheap pumps and parts,just my 2 cents

Current Tank Info: 130 gal sps tank

Last edited by gary504504; 09/20/2018 at 07:48 AM.
gary504504 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2018, 05:28 PM   #62
Mike de Leon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by gary504504 View Post
Seems to me like the company is cutting quality but not price,rebranded jebao pumps and seam on the body is fine when you purchase from companies like aqua euro,eshopps etc.but when buying from a company like atb who is often mentioned with the likes of bubble king, vertex and deltec this is unacceptable, if you paid 400 for a skimmer rated 500 gallons id say hey thats cheap and lower quality is to be expected, but 400 bucks for a nano at the prices they fetch quality should be near perfect, eshopps a far inferior skimmer with way less name recognition than atb uses sicce psk pumps and not jebao, hope the skimmer last for you and it probably will til the day the warranty exp.then get you a bubble king,vertex omega or alpha line,deltec or the like,jebao is nice and i use there rw pumps as i write but i didn't pay tunze or ecotech prices for them,,you wouldn't go to an expensive Restaurant if they microwaved a swanson meal and charged 100 bucks a plate,so i wouldn't expect a premium highly priced skimmer to come with cheap pumps and parts,just my 2 cents
I hear you loud and clear.