Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/01/2015, 09:57 PM   #51
muttley101
Never go full retard!

This was the nail in the coffin for me... Glad they never helped me to begin with.. Blessing in disguise.

muttley101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2015, 03:00 PM   #52
jerseypete
Registered Member

Well i waited all weekend and its late monday afternoon. Sent emails to DSA AND THAT FISH PLACE no response. It was a busy day at work today so i could make call after call. I did make one call to jarod at TFP and got voice mail.

jerseypete is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2015, 03:16 PM   #53
SaltwaterAq
RC Sponsor

Jerseypete. Please send me an email. - Sales@saltwateraquarium.com - I have a great working relationship with DSA and will help you get a new tank ASAP. Even though you purchased your tank thorough another vendor I can help you make this right. DSA is great at building tanks but sometimes lacks in some other areas where they're hands are tied. I know most everyone down there and they are building 5 custom tanks for us at the moment. I'm sure I can help work something out. We are forgetting the most important part about this transaction..., your fish and corals need a safe home to live! Please contact us.

Unread 03/02/2015, 03:31 PM   #54
zooman72
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterAq View Post
Jerseypete. Please send me an email. - Sales@saltwateraquarium.com - I have a great working relationship with DSA and will help you get a new tank ASAP. Even though you purchased your tank thorough another vendor I can help you make this right. DSA is great at building tanks but sometimes lacks in some other areas where they're hands are tied. I know most everyone down there and they are building 5 custom tanks for us at the moment. I'm sure I can help work something out. We are forgetting the most important part about this transaction..., your fish and corals need a safe home to live! Please contact us.
Wow, now that is a darn fine offer of assistance... Good on you mate!

Current Tank Info: Marine: Pair of 40B's, 45W, 50g cube, ADA 45F at home...IM Nuvo 20 and 10 at office!
zooman72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2015, 03:32 PM   #55
jerseypete
Registered Member

Driving now will contact when I get home

Unread 03/02/2015, 03:56 PM   #56
muttley101
Never go full retard!

+1 for saltwateraquarium.com they seem to value customer service..

muttley101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/02/2015, 05:27 PM   #57
jerseypete
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by SaltwaterAq View Post
Hi for some reason email are failing. My email is "pcipete3@gmail.com"

Unread 03/02/2015, 09:47 PM   #58
SaltwaterAq
RC Sponsor

I got your message. Sent a reply.

Unread 03/02/2015, 11:37 PM   #59
Arthur1
Registered Member

Jersey, sorry to hear of the overblown problem that you're having, I hope that it is resolved in short order for you. And for the record, just hearing about customer service that bad, I will not be buying any aquariums from DSA . Good luck, many of us will be watching to see how this all pans out for you.

Arthur1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2015, 10:42 PM   #60
jerseypete
Registered Member

Well i got a reply from saltwater aquarium offering help. Thanks so much. But in order to receive new tank i would need to pay shipping. Which would probably be around 400 guesstimate. I cant see paying 400 fir shipping for a tank i bought at THAT FISH PLACE. off the shelf for 500 something. Its like me just buying a tank. Also about 15 min after the post by saltwater aquarium i was contacted by THAT FISH PLACE by emailuploadfromtaptalk1425444100205.jpg im looking forward to their response.

Unread 03/03/2015, 10:59 PM   #61
ihigh
Registered Member

Wow, sorry to hear man.

All the local vendors around me (New Orleans) have stopped carrying DSA for this reason: Bad Customer Service.

Also, I hear there's a larger manufacturer that has bought over DSA so the quality isn't as great as before (Someone can confirm/deny??)

I was looking very hard at this tank since it has the lower height which I like, but I ultimately will order from Planet Aquariums (120g rimless w/ ext overflow). Every LFS has had nothing, but good things to say about them. If you ultimately cannot get it resolved, I'd look into them. The tank I'm getting most places quote for ~$750 shipped.

ihigh is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/03/2015, 11:06 PM   #62
jerseypete
Registered Member

Yea im already looking into my other options. Will look into them. There is also a thread on here about them also. Where i got the idea for this thread. But it seems like planet aquariums is going to make it right. Its still playing out now

Unread 03/04/2015, 02:00 PM   #63
Kenmx10
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ihigh View Post
Wow, sorry to hear man.

Also, I hear there's a larger manufacturer that has bought over DSA so the quality isn't as great as before (Someone can confirm/deny??

From what I understand, the original builders from Oceanic formed DSA. Then they left DSA and formed Planet Aquarium. So when you order a tank from Planet, your getting a tank build by the original Oceanic guys.

Kenmx10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2015, 09:00 PM   #64
BoringDave
Registered Member

This is just insane!

I'm calling the store I ordered a 65 rimless pro with stand from, and seeing if I can still cancel it first thing in the morning tomarrow. OH Good God I PAID IN FULL I'm such an idiot! But I did put it on my Visa.

BoringDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/04/2015, 09:10 PM   #65
jerseypete
Registered Member

Well i got another response from THAT FISH PLACE today told me they should have a response by the end of the week.

Unread 03/04/2015, 09:12 PM   #66
jerseypete
Registered Member

uploadfromtaptalk1425525138318.jpg

Unread 03/04/2015, 09:14 PM   #67
jerseypete
Registered Member

uploadfromtaptalk1425525229992.jpg

Unread 03/05/2015, 07:21 AM   #68
origreefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseypete View Post
Well by new tank i mean 11 months old. But i bought both the tank and their stand and it state 7 year warranty when you buy both
I understand your pain, but what exactly does the warranty say? Most warranties state that shipping is not included, only parts and labor. While their customer service sucks, it seems they are honoring their warranty. Curious, does any other tank manufacturer offer free 2-way shipping with leak warranties? I'm going to be in market for a bigger rimless and I assure you it won't be from DSA because of their service and lack of responses, not because of their warranty.

Unread 03/05/2015, 08:25 AM   #69
Brando5185
Registered Member

Will never buy from DSA now, but about to head over to saltwateraquarium.com to check out their selection of goods!

Brando5185 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 08:47 AM   #70
jbvdhp
Registered Member

Why not tell dsa you already put them on blast on the LARGEST fish and reef hobbyist forum in the world to voice your dissatisfaction?

Current Tank Info: 8' 240 gallons of headache
jbvdhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 09:33 AM   #71
jerseypete
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by origreefer View Post
I understand your pain, but what exactly does the warranty say? Most warranties state that shipping is not included, only parts and labor. While their customer service sucks, it seems they are honoring their warranty. Curious, does any other tank manufacturer offer free 2-way shipping with leak warranties? I'm going to be in market for a bigger rimless and I assure you it won't be from DSA because of their service and lack of responses, not because of their warranty.
If you read the whole thread it explains it. I bought this off the shelf at That Fish Place. No shipping involved. They have a large showroom of tanks. No ordering involved. Their normal way of handeling issues like this is. Supply pictures of leaking tank. Which i did. Original receipt. Which i did. The they usually give the store a credit for the tank they have in stock and replace the defective tank. Ive talked with several other LFS and this is standard practice . If your read their warranty nowhere does it state buyer responsible for shipping. Who would pay 400 to replace a defective tank that cost 500. What is the sense of giving a warranty. Im in this suitation cause dsa seems to no longer be dealing with THAT FISH PLACE. What is the difference if it leaked on day one or eleven months. Its on their stand where they say its extended to 7 years. So you buy a 500 tank and day one it leaks and they say hey will send you another it will be 400 to ship. Good deal? No way. Now if your buying a custom tank made the way you want and paying for shipping and its understood thats one thing. This wasnt that.

Unread 03/05/2015, 09:38 AM   #72
jerseypete
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdhp View Post
Why not tell dsa you already put them on blast on the LARGEST fish and reef hobbyist forum in the world to voice your dissatisfaction?
This is really not about the money anymore. Its about the way DSA will treat you if you buy one of their tanks. And maybe if they see this thread they jump through hoops to make this right. But should you haveto go through this just to get what you paid for. Maybe eventually thell read this and findvout it cost them a few sales and maybe they change the way they do business. If you look earlier in the thread even saltwater aquarium say they are not the best with customers.

Unread 03/05/2015, 09:41 AM   #73
jbvdhp
Registered Member

New DSA 105 rimless leaking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerseypete View Post
This is really not about the money anymore. Its about the way DSA will treat you if you buy one of their tanks. And maybe if they see this thread they jump through hoops to make this right. But should you haveto go through this just to get what you paid for. Maybe eventually thell read this and findvout it cost them a few sales and maybe they change the way they do business. If you look earlier in the thread even saltwater aquarium say they are not the best with customers.

I didn't say it was about money. more so of their reputation being out in the public, which hurts future business for them. If they're a part of the forum or care to read, then they will make it right or else sales go to every other aquarium manufacturer.

I hope they take care of you, and if not, as Kenith pointed out, don't buy from them again and maybe just fix it yourself. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be!

Current Tank Info: 8' 240 gallons of headache
jbvdhp is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/05/2015, 10:13 AM   #74
jerseypete
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbvdhp View Post
I didn't say it was about money. more so of their reputation being out in the public, which hurts future business for them. If they're a part of the forum or care to read, then they will make it right or else sales go to every other aquarium manufacturer.

I hope they take care of you, and if not, as Kenith pointed out, don't buy from them again and maybe just fix it yourself. I can't imagine how frustrated you must be!
Exactly thats why im not sending them the link. Either going to fix it myself or im also getting quotes for building one. But lately dsa wont even return an email. And never even had a discussion about whos paying for shipping. Or offering to split it. They just dont care about their customers. Im not happy with that fish place either. But at least they sent me 2 emails this week and said they are trying to work with dsa.

Unread 03/05/2015, 10:19 AM   #75
plantastic
Registered Member

I run a service company.

About a year ago, I ordered a custom rimless from lee-mar, as an upgrade for an existing client. After 2 weeks or so, the whole side panel separated, and started gushing water out, all over the floor. When the client called me, I immediately stopped working on the tank that I was working on, and made it to his house within 10 min. (Still thankful to this day that I was close enough to be that quick). I brought his old tank back in, and transferred everything back over. (Also, still thankful that he still had the old tank in his garage!). Of course, this happened on a Friday, late afternoon. On the following Monday, I was at his house with a new tank, on my dime, and again, transferred everything over.

That's how you do customer service!

Never once was I worried about who was going to pay for all this. In my mind it was simple, certainly not him!

I really like the DSA aquariums, and think they are a good value, so this totally bums me out to see this kind of BS.

Good luck with everything bro!

plantastic is offline   Reply With Quote