Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > MidWest Region-Reef Club Forums > Northern Ohio Reef Keepers
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/31/2008, 10:41 AM   #1
zzpw3x
Registered Member

Berghia Nudi - Aiptasia Eaters for Frag Swap

I am trying to coordinate a group buy of some Berghia Nudi's. I will buy them from www.saltyunderground.com. You can go there for more information. In short, they only eat Aiptasia and nothing else. Don't get them unless you have an aptasia problem. Also, once your problem is solved, you can give/sell them to someone else.

I have them listed on fragswapper.com. If you want some, tell me how many and place a request. I will deliver to the Cleveland frag swap April 13.

Also, if there is not enough interest I will cancel the fragswapper listing. If it's me and 2 other people, it's not really worth the shipping cost.

Dale
zzpw3x

zzpw3x is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2008, 10:21 AM   #2
zzpw3x
Registered Member

To all those who have signed up, be sure to tell me how many Berghias you want. If you havn't told me I will have to delete your request.

Dale

Unread 04/03/2008, 09:13 AM   #3
cash03ins
Registered Member.

Do you have a price list?

cash03ins is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2008, 09:40 AM   #4
zzpw3x
Registered Member

$15 ea.

Unread 04/03/2008, 02:50 PM   #5
lawdog
Registered Member

two (2) please.... I made the request just following up here.

Craig

"Will be giving Free Legal Advice Tomorrow..."

Current Tank Info: Marineland 200DD Reef Tank, In Wall, Still Rocking dual 250W MH lights; LifeReef skimmer, Custom Sump/Refuge, Reeflo Dart Return to Seaswirls; Tunze Streams (waiting for new Riptide!); Lifereef Calc Reactor; Keeper of Magnifica Ritteri!
lawdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2008, 06:27 PM   #6
zzpw3x
Registered Member

Lawdog,

I've already got you down for 2.

I will place the order Monday evening or Tuesday morning for those still interested. Please let me know no later than Monday at 6:00, either here or on fragswapper.

Dale

Unread 04/04/2008, 07:29 AM   #7
bigdaddyadam
Registered Member

Have you ever used these guys? I bought 10 last year and they didn't really make a dent, ended up disappearing. I found peppermint shrimp to be more effective, all aiptasia gone within a month and they never touched my corals either.

As for the guy buying 2, that is not enough. If you are going to buy them you need to get at least 2 per ten gallons of tank, more prefereable. You want them to breed and multiply because they are so small, about 1cm, and they need to gang up to take down big aiptasia.

Not trying to talk you guys out of them, just thought I would point out that for me, I spent a lot of money and ultimately they were inneffective.

bigdaddyadam is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2008, 09:22 AM   #8
MJAnderson
Premium Member

I'll throw in my $0.02. From what I've read, these guys have a very small travel range. They are most effective when you keep them in a seperate tank and move aptasia covered rocks to them. If you drop them in a tank, they will starve to death even if there is food 2' away.

MJAnderson is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2008, 05:40 PM   #9
zzpw3x
Registered Member

In the saltyunderground.com web site and my fragswapper listing, I made it clear that these are for infestations, not one or two aiptasia. Also, peppermint shrimp are hit or miss, and not always usable in everyone's tanks.

2 berghia are fine, if you have a small tank, or have a big problem and expect them to breed, which they will.

I did not intend for this to become a debate. It is an old discussion that does not need to be beaten again. I trust people to be responsible and read up before making a purchase.

Dale