Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/23/2018, 11:39 AM   #301
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by theshaman View Post
What’s going on with the light profile sharing? It’s no longer on ghl website.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
They are still there. I just double checked.
https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...oser-projects/

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2018, 12:09 PM   #302
theshaman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
They are still there. I just double checked.

https://www.aquariumcomputer.com/sup...oser-projects/

Scott, thank you for the link.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

theshaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2018, 03:39 PM   #303
ClownReef®
Bubbletrousing

I wish they would hurry up with a mac version of GHL Control Center..

Unread 05/10/2018, 11:57 AM   #304
tegee
Premium Member

Hello fellow GHL Mitras users.......

I FINALLY decided to make the jump to the dark side (or should I say light side....lol) from a diehard MH dude for 15+ years over to LED's. I purchased (1) Mitras to give it a try with the hopes of making a full conversion late this summer. I believe I will need (4) in total.

To that end, I am running an SPS dominant tank and really can't do the trial and error approach on programming them. So I am reaching out to those that may have good lighting schedules or full programs that you'd be willing to share with me.

I looking for a really nice sun up to sun down approach and looking to have the lighting go through 10pm, with a strong mid-day to push growth. And since I am coming off running Radium MH with VHO supplementation, I kinda like a bluer looking tank in th evening during viewing hours if that helps?

If PM's are better please feel free to shoot that over as well.

Anyway, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Many thanks in advance.

Unread 05/10/2018, 07:55 PM   #305
nycman
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tegee View Post
Hello fellow GHL Mitras users.......

I FINALLY decided to make the jump to the dark side (or should I say light side....lol) from a diehard MH dude for 15+ years over to LED's. I purchased (1) Mitras to give it a try with the hopes of making a full conversion late this summer. I believe I will need (4) in total.

To that end, I am running an SPS dominant tank and really can't do the trial and error approach on programming them. So I am reaching out to those that may have good lighting schedules or full programs that you'd be willing to share with me.

I looking for a really nice sun up to sun down approach and looking to have the lighting go through 10pm, with a strong mid-day to push growth. And since I am coming off running Radium MH with VHO supplementation, I kinda like a bluer looking tank in th evening during viewing hours if that helps?

If PM's are better please feel free to shoot that over as well.

Anyway, any help would be GREATLY appreciated. Many thanks in advance.
I can send you mine. Mine is Noon to Midnight, with sunrise/sunset for the first and last half hour. Early and late it is blue (20640K) increasing to 100% and then mid day transitioning to 14000K and increasing to 70% in that spectrum - . Also using the power options to crank up the blue, royal blue, blue white, and hyperviolet to 130%, and decreasing skywhite to 80%, and true green and hyper red to 50%. You would need to do these power options settings from the program file that I send you, either with their software or physically on each fixture. Also need to create a master slave relationships for each fixture, also either way. Let me know if interested - I can edit the times to be two hours earlier, so that it is 10AM to 10PM.

Aqua UV 28W

Last edited by nycman; 05/11/2018 at 05:57 PM.
nycman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/11/2018, 03:12 PM   #306
tegee
Premium Member

Thank you nycman. I waiting for delivery on the Mitras and I ordered some hanging rails to mount the fixture. Should have everything installed and hung by late next week. I'll reach out once everything is in place.

Thanks so much for your reply.......

Unread 06/22/2018, 10:45 AM   #307
brianmsu80
Registered Member

What controllability do you have over the built-in LCD display on the Mitras LX7206?

Can you dim it? Can you also schedule for it to go on and off at certain times?

brianmsu80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2020, 08:26 AM   #308
karliefish
Registered Member

Can you tell me if GHL ever came-up with a web based solution programming the Mitras? I'm getting ready to purchase 6 of these lights versus buying Kessils but want to first know if there is now a web-based light configuration capability. Thank you.

karliefish is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2020, 08:32 AM   #309
karliefish
Registered Member

can you tell me how your Mitras turned out? Are they performing better, equal or worse than you had anticipated? do you have any pics? Thank you.

Unread 11/04/2020, 10:15 AM   #310
kjonulak
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by karliefish View Post
Can you tell me if GHL ever came-up with a web based solution programming the Mitras? I'm getting ready to purchase 6 of these lights versus buying Kessils but want to first know if there is now a web-based light configuration capability. Thank you.
There is a web based solution as well as an iPhone/IPad or Android phone app.

kjonulak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/04/2020, 10:24 AM   #311
kjonulak
Registered Member

Quote:
can you tell me how your Mitras turned out? Are they performing better, equal or worse than you had anticipated? do you have any pics? Thank you.
I have 3 over my 130 gallon aquarium and one over my 60 cube. I had Radion G4's prior to switching. I prefer the Mitras lights over the G4's. I haven't used the Mobius app to control the G4's so I can't speak to that. I'm a Mac person, but I also use the GHL software on a used windows 10 machine I picked up for $100. I do like that software.

My corals did need some time to readjust to the Mitras light, but they now seem to be responding well to it. I have mixed reef tanks not just SPS.

I tried loading some images but I think the file sizes are too large to upload.

Unread 11/04/2020, 10:28 AM   #312
karliefish
Registered Member

Thank you for the quick reply. Does that app allow you to now save the configuration file or does that still need to be one via a Windows PC?

Unread 11/04/2020, 10:47 AM   #313
kjonulak
Registered Member

Quote:
Thank you for the quick reply. Does that app allow you to now save the configuration file or does that still need to be one via a Windows PC?
You can now save a confit from the phone app. Personally I like the phone app for making minor changes. I prefer to use the windows app for the initial setup and settings. The light composer feature is really nice. I don't have my 3 over my 130 gallon setup as master/slave. Each one is independent. Once I created the schedule in the light composer and saved it, I just uploaded it to the other 2. Plus I modified the center light to run at a lower power because with the light overlap from the other 2 the center area of the tank was at a higher PAR level. I have a huge toadstool leather in the center and it didn't need the higher PAR. In addition, I setup the acclimation mode to slowly raise the output of the lights over a couple of months. I did play with the moon settings but turned it off. It did work I just care for it. I did turn on the cloud simulation and left that running. People talk about running higher PAR levels at different times. I guess the cloud feature does cause the PAR to change up and down but at a more random schedule.

I bought my lights used and picked up an extra one as a spare if any of the others was to fail. Using the one of saved backups to upload to the spare light was a really nice feature. Within minutes I had the spare light configured and ready to install.

Unread 11/04/2020, 11:34 AM   #314
karliefish
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjonulak View Post
I have 3 over my 130 gallon aquarium and one over my 60 cube. I had Radion G4's prior to switching. I prefer the Mitras lights over the G4's. I haven't used the Mobius app to control the G4's so I can't speak to that. I'm a Mac person, but I also use the GHL software on a used windows 10 machine I picked up for $100. I do like that software.

My corals did need some time to readjust to the Mitras light, but they now seem to be responding well to it. I have mixed reef tanks not just SPS.

I tried loading some images but I think the file sizes are too large to upload.
thank you for the information - exactly what I was looking for. BTW...do you get any shimmer from your Mitras? I do love the shimmer you get from Kessil's

Unread 11/04/2020, 11:48 AM   #315
kjonulak
Registered Member

Quote:
thank you for the information - exactly what I was looking for. BTW...do you get any shimmer from your Mitras? I do love the shimmer you get from Kessil's
I don't know what the shimmer from the kessils looks like. I've never seen one live. Me personally I love shimmer. Everyone seems to complain about the disco effect. When I look at my pool with the sun shining on it I see the shimmer lines and I see the rainbow (Disco) effect. Same with snorkeling. With the Mitras you don't get the disco effect but you do get a nice level of shimmer. You don't get defined lines like what you see in a pool but the shimmer looks nice. Depending on how your flow pumps are directed, I have some of mine at the surface so I get a lot of surface movement, so that will increase or decrease the movement level of the shimmer.

Depending on how much blue you like, you can go crazy with the light composer function in the app. I like a lot of blue morning and night. In between I keep the Kelvin temp at around 17K. I also build my own LED's and had picked up a spectrometer to see how my diy led lights were performing. I measured the Spectrometer output of the Mitras lights and compared it to what the light composer was showing. It was spot on.