Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/21/2010, 09:50 PM   #1
rkelman
Registered Member

whats my apex address?

I setup a DDNS account and I think I have my router / apex configured. How do I access from the web? I'm trying rkelman.webhop.net/apex correct?

rkelman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2010, 10:33 PM   #2
es1887
Registered Member

just type in 192.168.1.50 into your web browser hit enter

Current Tank Info: 48x24x30 150, 2 400w 20k radium, 2 110w vhos, 2 mp40w, apex aqua controller, sro 5000 skimmer
es1887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/21/2010, 11:03 PM   #3
kenargo
Premium Member

If you left the Apex default (with DHCP enabled) then you can use:

http://Apex

It may or may not have the address incidated above since the address is dynamically assigned and could be anything in range of your DHCP.

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
kenargo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2010, 05:34 AM   #4
rkelman
Registered Member

Either of those will work locally. Not from outside my home network though..

Unread 01/22/2010, 08:21 AM   #5
aquamanic
WHO DAT??

Port 80 (the default port for the Apex) is probably being blocked by your ISP. If so, you will need to define a different port in the Apex under network setup, then in your router define a port forwarding rule to take all traffic coming in for that new port and forward it to your Apex IP address. Then you would access it with "www.rkelman.webhop.net:9950" (assuming you set the new port to 9950). I think Ken has some screen shots at his web site.

Unread 01/22/2010, 10:22 AM   #6
kenargo
Premium Member

Quote:
I think Ken has some screen shots at his web site.

Correct; I created an article that explains the mechanics which includes images of some routers. It's on the Q&A page; question 7

Click on my name to visit my homepage and access a collection of AquaController and Apex software, tips, trick and other Q&A including a link to the 'unofficial Apex new users guide' with loads of helpful information and don't forget to put a pin in my location map.

Current Tank Info: 225G, BK 300 Deluxe, Deltec PF601, Precision Marine Kalkreactor, 2-LMIII+6 pumps, SpectraPure UHE, Apex, LunarSim, Tunze 6305s. Mixed reef, clam, fish, etc.
Unread 01/22/2010, 11:16 AM   #7
rkelman
Registered Member

That's what I've been trying. Thanks for the replies. I did set my Dlink router up per Ken's site. (I have other ports forwarded and they are working) I still can't access it from outside the network. I've even tried using my ip instead of the rkelman.webhop.net to rule out a DDNS problem. It must be in the apex setup... I have dns on. The DNS address is the default which is the same as the router. 192.168.1.1

Unread 01/22/2010, 11:33 AM   #8
tamu
Registered Member

If your Apex responds via http on the local LAN but does not externally, then the only setting on your Apex to verify is your default gateway. Which should be your router. Otherwise, everything else on your Apex should be fine.

Also, some routers have a check mark next to the port forwards to enable them. May check to make sure your port forward is active.

tamu is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2010, 02:21 PM   #9
kenargo
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by rkelman View Post
That's what I've been trying. Thanks for the replies. I did set my Dlink router up per Ken's site. (I have other ports forwarded and they are working) I still can't access it from outside the network. I've even tried using my ip instead of the rkelman.webhop.net to rule out a DDNS problem. It must be in the apex setup... I have dns on. The DNS address is the default which is the same as the router. 192.168.1.1
If you have DNS on then you should use DNS researve (in the router) so that the Apex's IP address doesn't change (or turn DNS off in the Apex and choose a static address). It could also be your port forward; what router and how are you configuring it? As mentioned it is possible that if you are using port 80 as the public port that your ISP is blocking it; try a different port and remember that if you use a different port that you must add the port number to the address ( a ':' followed by the port number).

Unread 01/23/2010, 06:30 AM   #10
rkelman
Registered Member

I got it. I think it was the gateway.. Although I had the gateway set to my router address before and it didn't work.. I set the gateway / restarted the apex and it worked. I'm sure I had it setup like this the first time I tried but who knows. I reset the router too so maybe it wasn't opening the port properly. Thanks for the help folks.