Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/26/2017, 07:49 PM   #1
acexotix
Registered Member

My 75 SPS build

My wife and I just finished building our house and I’ve been looking at upgrading my biocube 29 to something bigger in the home office. My wife agreed that I could do something over the next year if I accumulated parts slowly due to budget. I was leaning towards a 120 and have been perusing the forums for used equipment with no real urgency until last night...

I found a complete setup that I just couldn’t pass up. With much convincing on how much I’d save in equipment costs, I am now the owner of a fantastic 75 gallon system that I have the goal of turning into a top notch SPS reef.

For $900 I was able to pick up the tank/stand/and top with the following parts:

2x Kessil a360w with goosenecks
Eshopps sump
Eshopps S150 protein skimmer
Vectra M1 return pump
Some sort of reactor
2 MP40’s
A ridiculous amount of test equipment, supplements, plumbing, etc...
Algae scrubbers, refractometer, and plenty of other misc equipment I haven’t had a chance to go through and identify yet

This will all be combined with parts from my biocube and be controlled by my existing apex. I’ll also be pre-ordering the new AquaticLife T5/LED combo fixture tomorrow and waiting patiently for it to be delivered.

I will be taking my time and getting this one running with the goal of having something worth writing a build thread about. My first step will be to clean it all up and then re-finish the stand and top which I’ll start on this weekend. I’m leaning towards the antique farmhouse white look but haven’t decided for sure.

For now... here’s a pic of some of the equipment as it sits now. The blue thing on the right is a tote full of all of the miscellaneous equipment. Hope you enjoy!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

acexotix is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/26/2017, 08:11 PM   #2
iced98lx
Registered Member

Looking good

iced98lx is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/26/2017, 08:26 PM   #3
fabulousfavia
Registered Member

Eshopps sumps are nice. I won one at reef-a-palooza and am using it for my rebuild. What modules do you have on your apex?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: 55 gallon rimless saltwater reef tank and many more
fabulousfavia is offline   Reply With Quote