Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/02/2012, 01:55 PM   #5176
Jason87
Registered Member

Hi my name is Jason and I just join rc and so far I love it I currently have just one 36 gal acrylic aquarium with 30 pounds of live rock skimmerless I will be posting pics on another thread thanks for your contributions to this site

Jason87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2012, 07:22 PM   #5177
scottwerner
Registered Member

Hello, my name is Scott. I've been keeping freshwater tanks for almost two years now. I recently got a 50g tank for an awesome deal. After much debating over what kind of tank to do, a friend convinced me to jump to salt.

I'm documenting everything I do from the very beginning on my blog, which I would love for you guys to check out and provide feedback / give advice

http://firstsaltwatertank.wordpress.com/

scottwerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2012, 07:23 PM   #5178
scottwerner
Registered Member

Hello, my name is Scott. I've been keeping freshwater tanks for almost two years now. I recently got a 50g tank for an awesome deal. After much debating over what kind of tank to do, a friend convinced me to jump to salt.

I'm documenting everything I do from the very beginning on my blog, which I would love for you guys to check out and provide feedback / give advice

http://firstsaltwatertank.wordpress.com/

scottwerner is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2012, 10:06 PM   #5179
PeyPres
Registered Member

Hey everyone! My name ia Amanda and i live in Texas. I've recently gotten back into the hobby after about 4 years of being out of it. I have a 265gal RR that I set up in feb. Im so excited to get started and can't wait to get to know everyone!

PeyPres is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2012, 10:23 AM   #5180
thoughtpolice22
Registered Member

Still new

Hello everyone! Started in freshwater in 2003 before making the move to salt in 2005 with a pretty successfull 55 gal. Pretty sure I did most things wrong but very hooked! Had to suspend the hobby for a few years but back now after falling into a 150g. 8 months ago. Sump with overflow (not pre-drilled), refugium that is not quite cooperating yet, but working on it. Pretty basic comm. tank right now. 2 Tom. clowns, 2 One Spot Fox Faces, 3 Damsels, Red Banded Coral Shrimp and a Lawnmower Blennie. Assorted snails and crabs. Not really sure what to add next. So far still FOWLER but would love to move to a reef when I can manage proper lighting.
Anyway, nice to be here!

thoughtpolice22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2012, 11:27 AM   #5181
SaltSpike
Registered Member

New to the World of Reefing!!!

Hi my name is Danny I live in Ft.Lauderdale FL, I am new to reef tanks and I am looking forward to the journey. I have had freshwater most of life and just got board. I needed more of a challenge. I am 2 weeks into my tank. I have a 72 gallon I have postioned my live rock and I am waiting for my cycle so I can start preparing for coral and fish. Would love lots of advise from well expirenced people. Gope to hear from everyone soon.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Fishtank.jpg (55.4 KB, 4 views)
SaltSpike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/03/2012, 04:57 PM   #5182
cynbob
Registered Member

hello i am bob i am from the monterey bay area,i am 2 months into my new hobby and addicted, i have 45 gallon corner tank a fluval 306 filter,marineland led light,about 40 pounds of live rock.im hoping to gain some tips on making my tank look like the ones i see here.baby steps,

cynbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/04/2012, 12:40 PM   #5183
ReefRangers
Registered Member

Hello

Been around this site awhile back. I wasnt a big poster, but used reef central as a resource. Am much more interested in joining the community this time around. I have a nano and 100gallon. hope to see you all around.

Happy reefing

ReefRangers is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2012, 01:00 PM   #5184
rustypoo
Registered Member

I just joined this wonderful forum today. I've been raising freshwater fishes for over 20 years but I'm new to all this reef stuff. Trying to read more about the products I'm going to get on this forum. So far, I got a lot of great information.

rustypoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2012, 02:27 PM   #5185
Samurai Jack 77
Registered Member

And my name is Jackson. I just started Saltwater January, 2012 but have been doing freshwater for a few years. Truth is, I like not doing maintenance. Anyways Love aquascaping and trying to create what God already did a good job creating.

Samurai Jack 77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2012, 04:33 PM   #5186
G Man
Registered Member

Hey im new here and just a 50 gallon tank and am not really sure what im doing
any one have any pointers on fish and corals

G Man is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/06/2012, 04:43 PM   #5187
lemond91011
Registered Member

Hi Everyone,

My name is Gina and I am super excited I found this forum. My Husband and I are just starting our first saltwater tank (one week of cycling completed). My husband has had freshwater tanks for years but I wanted pretty .

lemond91011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2012, 04:42 PM   #5188
Klutch
Registered Member

New guy here!!!! Just getting into saltwater. VERY nervous, I've been into freshwater for a while. I just bought my second big tank and I wanna venture into saltwater. My tanks are:
365 saltwater ( getting it all together. Hoping to have it set up next week )
280 freshwater ( had it set up with 6 peacock bass and a motoro stingray had to dis assemble it so I can fit my 365 in its place)
75 freshwater ( had it set up for bait fish for the peacock bass)
10 freshwater ( cute tank for my ex gf little girl. 5 goldfish in it lol )

So anyway it's nice to be here hope u guys and gals can help me get this thing together!!!!

Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2012, 04:43 PM   #5189
Klutch
Registered Member

New guy here!!!! Just getting into saltwater. VERY nervous, I've been into freshwater for a while. I just bought my second big tank and I wanna venture into saltwater. My tanks are:
365 saltwater ( getting it all together. Hoping to have it set up next week )
280 freshwater ( had it set up with 6 peacock bass and a motoro stingray had to dis assemble it so I can fit my 365 in its place)
75 freshwater ( had it set up for bait fish for the peacock bass)
10 freshwater ( cute tank for my ex gf little girl. 5 goldfish in it lol )

So anyway it's nice to be here hope u guys and gals can help me get this thing together!!!!

Klutch is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/07/2012, 08:49 PM   #5190
Dilusso
Registered Member

Newbie Intro

Hello, RC! I recently moved to Okinawa, Japan, and have always wanted a SW tank. So when my son asked for one for his birthday, you know what he got. It is small; only about 10 gal, but I hope to learn from it, considering I plan to start a much larger tank in the very near future. We live right on the beach, so most of our stuff is acquired during low tide.

This is the first forum I've joined, so if I break protocol or just do something stupid, please forgive me in advance. Looking forward to hearing from you all.

Ciao!

Marty

Dilusso is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2012, 05:29 AM   #5191
madmauler9
Registered Member

Hello, RC. My name is Justin, and I live in Daytona Beach. I've kept freshwater for years, but haven't had an aquarium set up since February of last year. My wife and I are renting, and aquariums are a violation of our lease. We just put in an offer on a new house and we would like to have an aquarium there. I've never kept a saltwater aquarium, so I've been lurking here for the past couple months as a guest. Our plans are for a 180 FOWLr, but since we are at least five months off from buying/building/stocking anything, We're not committing to anything at this point (FOWLr vs. Reef). Anyway... One more NEWB posting... *yeah*!

madmauler9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2012, 09:40 AM   #5192
twintank
Registered Member

Hello Reefers,
I'm not really new to the hobby but is has been a very long time since I’ve had a tank. I started my love for salt water fish tanks back in 1988 when I got a job as a teenager in a local pet store. Throughout the early 90’s I had a 75 gallon reef tank that my father helped me build a stand and a sump for. Working with him in the garage created such wonder memories. Now that I have two children of my own I have decided to get back into the hobby. A lot has change in the hobby so I’m looking forward to a whole new experience.

twintank is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2012, 10:07 AM   #5193
LOU A VILLE
Registered Member

Whats up everyone, Just bought a 125 and learning lots from the site so far.

LOU A VILLE is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2012, 10:18 AM   #5194
nbelohlav
Registered Member

hello everyone,

name is nick, not completely new to fish tanks. had a couple of freshwater tanks a a brakish water tank. currently convincing the Mrs. on a 75 gallon tank. so far so good!

nbelohlav is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2012, 11:28 AM   #5195
jazzaero
Registered Member

Hello,
I found out about this forum from a friend. It's my main source of info right now. Thanks! I have a 14g Biocube that I acquired already established. I've cleaned it up and have it running in my bedroom now. I'm hoping to learn from this nano and soon move on to a 75-90 gallon tank. I'm already addicted!

Jazzaero

jazzaero is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2012, 12:15 PM   #5196
Roy_zee
Registered Member

Hi everybody.
So, to introduce myself;
My name is Roy and is stopped with keeping fresh water fishtanks (discus) about 15 years ago.The tank was approx. 350 liters, or 92 us gallons.
Medio Februari I have bought a Percula 120 salt water fish tank. (450 liters or 118 us gallons)
After cleaning and filling it up again I have started running it.
Atm there are e few fish and some corals in it.
I'm still at the end of start up sequense so I can't introduce to many fish.
Maybe I will start a thread with some pictures (am a bad photographer I'm affraid) in a while to give you an idea what's happening with the tank
Ow, by the way, I am from Holland (explains the crappy English lol) real near to Arnhem, and am 43 years of age
Hope te learn a lot from all the exeprienced people over here.
Anyone visiting Holland some day....

Roy_zee is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2012, 09:24 AM   #5197
joe3196
Registered Member

hay my name is joe i have ben in the freash water hobby fo 10 yrs but i just got into the saltwater side of the hobby. I got my first job at my lfs in october so i have sort of dived into the reef hobby. i have v 5 gal hex reef and a 46 bow reef just wanted to say hi

joe3196 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2012, 09:40 AM   #5198
raylinds
Registered Member

Hi,
My name is Ray and I'm not really new here, but am returning after a 13 year absence. I had a thriving 110g reef tank until I moved to New York City 13 years ago, and did not have any room for a tank. I can now afford a bigger place, and am looking to set up a new tank, probably a 90g.

I am very happy to be getting back into the hobby, and back to this great place.

Cheers,

Ray

raylinds is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/09/2012, 06:31 PM   #5199
Jasonfd
Registered Member

Hello!

Hey guys,About to start putting together my first reef tank.It is about 70 gallong,36" 18" 25".I'll be getting the tanks within the next few weeks and am going to start getting some accsories in the mean time.Hope to have some pics soon!

Jason.

Jasonfd is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/10/2012, 08:37 PM   #5200
PollySays
Registered Member

New to Saltwater

Greetings All!

My name is Joshua and I have just started my first saltwater reef tank a few weeks ago. I have had several freshwater tanks and now want to enjoy the beauty and fun of a saltwater reef tank. I am excited to be a part of this community and learn as much as possible so that I may have a happy, thriving tank!

PollySays is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
brain coral, new member, sick coral