Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/24/2015, 07:38 PM   #1
tjenne
Registered Member

what are those white things swimming inside my LTA??

A few weeks ago a noticed 2 very small white specks that appeared to be swimming inside my LTA. I could barely see them through its oral disk. Tonight I saw that now there are like 7 or 8 swimming around in there! They are very small, white and shaped like a tadpole.
The LTA is looking pretty bad, but has gone through some traumatic events (small tank started to crash, bought a larger tank for it, had to wait a week for proper lighting) so that might be why it is not looking 100% and has shrunk and lost some color. But it seems like some kind of parasite inside of it. And, if it is it must be feeding off my LTA.
Anyone ever heard of this before?

tjenne is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/25/2015, 11:25 PM   #2
garygb
Registered Member

Some anemones are internal brooders, meaning when the eggs hatch the larvae are inside the female adult. I would wonder if that is what you're seeing.

garygb is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2015, 05:06 PM   #3
tjenne
Registered Member

Thank you

Wow, I had not thought of that. Thank you, it is very reassuring that maybe those are babies and not some evil nem killing parasite!

tjenne is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
anemone, parasite