Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/20/2016, 07:33 PM   #1
Jhutto
Registered Member

Replacement motor Block for Alpha 200

How do I get the above? My aquarium store cannot get via of the US distributor. Its been three weeks and waiting to come from overseas. My 210 needs a good skimmer now.

Jhutto is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/20/2016, 09:58 PM   #2
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jhutto View Post
How do I get the above? My aquarium store cannot get via of the US distributor. Its been three weeks and waiting to come from overseas. My 210 needs a good skimmer now.
Here you go. We have them in stock at our Ft. Myers warehouse.
http://royalexclusiv.com/Spare-Parts...-250::123.html

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2016, 07:09 AM   #3
Jhutto
Registered Member

I was told that this RE skimmer motor block may not work due to my impeller being an old one and they have changed. The impeller looks a little different in picture. If it did not work would I be able to return motor block?

Unread 09/23/2016, 07:18 AM   #4
rc1626
Registered Member

Get a Laguna MaxFlo 1500. That will definitely work. Laguna doesn't make them any more but you still might be able to find one available on the web . They now have a 1350 which I've read will work as well. Basically same pump as the 1500. Both askoll pump blocks. Good luck.

rc1626 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2016, 07:28 AM   #5
Jhutto
Registered Member

Those pumps appear to be water pumps not skimmer pumps. I see some references to the red dragon but do not see how it would work with my old impeller nor none with a skimmer impeller.

Unread 09/23/2016, 10:15 AM   #6
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
I was told that this RE skimmer motor block may not work due to my impeller being an old one and they have changed. The impeller looks a little different in picture. If it did not work would I be able to return motor block?
Quote:
Those pumps appear to be water pumps not skimmer pumps. I see some references to the red dragon but do not see how it would work with my old impeller nor none with a skimmer impeller.
If this is for the Alpha, the block I linked to will work perfectly. It's designed for that skimmer and is the original block that was included with it. There were a few variations of the impellers but the only changes beyond that were done to the volute. As a former Alpha owner and somebdoy who has helped countless Alpha users here over the years, I can assure you. the block I linked to above is the correct one for your skimmer.

Quote:
The Laguna pump also uses Askoll block and Askoll in Italy is who made the original Red Dragon however there is a caveat. While the blocks are the same on the outside, Royal Exclusiv OEM'd the blocks from Askoll and had them modified so that the pumps speed was matched to the impeller for optimal airdraw and water flow. They also changed the power cord and the way the power cord is sealed into the body of the block. This was done due to the use in salt water applications in order to insure that the pumps don't fail prematurely. While a standard Laguna block will work, the performance of the skimmer will change due the RPM of the standard Maxflo block and there is the a potential for premature failure due to the sealing between the block and where the power cord enters the block. As it is, the Alpha's are pretty finicky so matching the correct block to the impeller is important for best performance of the skimmer.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote