Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > The Reef Chemistry Forum
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/06/2012, 08:41 PM   #1
active
Registered Member

thoughts on parameters

set up and running for around a month - i have live rock and all sorts of living things on them, feather dusters, 2 small aptasia's, few pods crawling about, small hair algae bloom nothing too problematic. light cycle i changed to 6 hours of halides on and 8 hours of actinic's on.
slanity 1.026
ph - 8.3
nitrate - .50
ammonia - .025 or less (test kit never changed to indicate a color change)
nitrite - 0
calcium -500 ppm
mag. - 1440 ppm
alk -10.9 dKH

from what i have read i believe i am close to a good set of parameters. no live stock in tank other then the snails i added maybe 30 or so to help with the diatoms. just want to double check with you all here with experience to make sure that i dont kill a cuc and be sure that i read everything correctly. i want to add fish but i am taking my time to do this the right way. i do want corals lps and some sps with a few reef safe fish and some shrimp and crabs. thanks everyone that has helped me to get going in the proper direction. randy's article's are very informative and help full. bean's overflow and many others.

active is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/06/2012, 10:39 PM   #2
bertoni
RC Mod

Those number all are acceptable. I might let the calcium drop to 450 ppm or so, but it's fine as is. This article might help:

http://www.reefkeeping.com/issues/2004-05/rhf/index.htm