Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Fish Disease Treatment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/08/2018, 11:15 AM   #1
jfrs
Registered Member

Exclamation help ; clownfish not eating or moving around

i’ve had 2 clownfish for about 9 days now and the 2 clowns were happy then all of a sudden , the smaller clown stopped eeating like it used to and it’s not moving around much. the 2 clowns are the same and are no more than 2 inches long. it also always has gills open and seems to breathing heavy, they are fed flakes and mysis shrimp. tank was cycled . live rock and live samd used. dont know what to do

jfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2018, 11:22 AM   #2
luislimon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrs View Post
i’ve had 2 clownfish for about 9 days now and the 2 clowns were happy then all of a sudden , the smaller clown stopped eeating like it used to and it’s not moving around much. the 2 clowns are the same and are no more than 2 inches long. it also always has gills open and seems to breathing heavy, they are fed flakes and mysis shrimp. tank was cycled . live rock and live samd used. dont know what to do

Please post pictures/video. It sound like amonia poisoning. Do a 50% water change today and tomorrow. Go to your LFS and buy amonia alert from seachem. Is about $6

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

luislimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2018, 11:29 AM   #3
luislimon
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luislimon View Post
Please post pictures/video. It sound like amonia poisoning. Do a 50% water change today and tomorrow. Go to your LFS and buy amonia alert from seachem. Is about $6

Forgot to say add recommended amount of prime today to neutralize amonia. You will need to keep adding prime every couple of days until your bacterial filters can support your bio load (2 clowns)

luislimon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2018, 12:15 PM   #4
jfrs
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luislimon View Post
Forgot to say add recommended amount of prime today to neutralize amonia. You will need to keep adding prime every couple of days until your bacterial filters can support your bio load (2 clowns)

i have a api water test kit , and it says ammonia .25 ppm
there’s also a royal gramma in the tank . and everything else seems fine , except for that one clown

jfrs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2018, 04:00 PM   #5
j.falk
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfrs View Post
i have a api water test kit , and it says ammonia .25 ppm
there’s also a royal gramma in the tank . and everything else seems fine , except for that one clown
Just because the other fish are fine right now doesn't mean they will be tomorrow. I would recommend doing a partial water change as well. Heavy breathing and not eating are signs something is definitely wrong.

j.falk is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clowfish, not eating, sick