Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/31/2017, 02:49 PM   #1
Aquaforest
RC Sponsor

New Aquaforest Support Person For Reef Central

Hello,
We would like to introduce Anirban as a support person to Aquaforest products. Anirban has very good knowledge of Aquaforest products as well as an excellent background with aquatics. We still have Aquaforest, Debora, Perry, and Gary for support as well.
Thank You,
Team Aquaforest

Aquaforest is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2017, 08:19 PM   #2
Anirban
Registered Member

Hi everyone, its an honour to be part of Aquaforest group here. I will try to share my honest opinion and experience with all of you. Hope I can help you people regarding the AF product line.

Anirban is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/01/2017, 02:44 PM   #3
GSMclowns
A Reef Enthusiast

Can you post some pictures of your tank?

thanks

·´¯`·.¸. , . .·´¯`·.. >((((º>
GSMclowns is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/01/2017, 03:54 PM   #4
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSMclowns View Post
Can you post some pictures of your tank?

thanks
I took down my earlier 29G last August and built a whole DIY 55G system with sump. Total water volume is 70G right now. I dose component 123 and NP pro with a GHL doser 2. I prefer using AF reef salt and dose Pro bio S manually. The system also has 1 liter of siporax and 1/2 liter of Life biofil. Here are some images from my relatively young system....

Unread 02/01/2017, 03:54 PM   #5
Anirban
Registered Member

Some more...

Unread 02/01/2017, 07:25 PM   #6
Cbasss
Registered Member

Hello and welcome! Id like to start with two questions. First what should be the dosing schedule for abve...im currently set at 2 drops of each, which i currently dose every second day all at the same time..is it right?

Second...i have a rusty deposit in my dosing container of comp 1...is it normal? Ive been using comp 123 and abve for 1 month now...with reef salt

Sent from my LG-H831 using Tapatalk

Cbasss is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/01/2017, 07:26 PM   #7
Cbasss
Registered Member

The first question should be is it right to dose all at same time...

Unread 02/01/2017, 08:55 PM   #8
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cbasss View Post
Hello and welcome! Id like to start with two questions. First what should be the dosing schedule for abve...im currently set at 2 drops of each, which i currently dose every second day all at the same time..is it right?

Second...i have a rusty deposit in my dosing container of comp 1...is it normal? Ive been using comp 123 and abve for 1 month now...with reef salt

Hi,

Generally AF recommend dosing Amin and vitamin together one night and the other two the alternate day. I prefer starting with half the recommended dose and observe how the system work. Then after few months depending how the system reacts you can increase the dose to full dose.

The component 1 contains iron and its normal that its get deposited like rust sometime. I get that too. I generally shake the container once in every other day that keeps it mixed condition.

Hope this help.

Unread 02/01/2017, 09:02 PM   #9
Cbasss
Registered Member

Thanks for the quick response!

Unread 02/03/2017, 03:27 PM   #10
2una
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anirban View Post
Hi,

The component 1 contains iron and its normal that its get deposited like rust sometime. I get that too. I generally shake the container once in every other day that keeps it mixed condition.

Hope this help.
I fixed that problem - KZ Coral System 1-2-3-4 don't do that,,,maybe i'll come back to Comp ABC when AF include a free magnetic stirrer

2una is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2017, 11:53 AM   #11
nellynel21
Registered Member

Hi
I have a 265 g . I'm thinking changing my Red Sea pro salt to the aquaforest bio..
I only have sps on this tank
I will like to know what product to get ..
Cal 410
Alk 9
Mag 1310
Phosphate .08
Nitrate 12
Thanks

nellynel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2017, 11:58 AM   #12
nellynel21
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellynel21 View Post
Hi
I have a 265 g . I'm thinking changing my Red Sea pro salt to the aquaforest bio..
Cal 410
Alk 9
Mag 1310
Phosphate .08
Nitrate 12

Calcium reactor
Kalk reactor
Phosphate reactor
Carbon reactor
Thanks

nellynel21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/23/2017, 02:12 PM   #13
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nellynel21 View Post
Hi
Cal 410
Alk 9
Mag 1310
Phosphate .08
Nitrate 12
Thanks
I would suggest to first get the reef salt and start doing weekly water changes 10% for next 4-6 week. That will slowly drive the system towards the AF suggested parameters. Then start adding Pro Bio S and NP Pro in case you want to run ULNS at half dose. Once you reach ULNS then you can supplement with ABEV. I think you will also need to dose to maintain your parameter but that comes later. Hope this helps you.

Unread 06/27/2017, 05:12 PM   #14
bemofunny
Registered Member

Dosing pump for AF ABVE

Hi Anirban,

I have been using AF Reef Salt for the last 6 months. Tank info:
  • ELOS 120XL with Sump about 120 gal total volume mixed reef (SPSes, LPSes, Bounces, JB)
  • Dosing Component 1,2,3 at 83ml daily
  • Dosing Pro Bio S and NP Pro 4 drops nightly
  • Dosing AF ABVE 4 drops every other night
  • Light Hybrid, 4 ATI T5 Bulbs and one Kessil AP700
  • Alk 8
  • Cal 450
  • Mag 1400
  • PO4 .03
  • Nitrate <1
Everything seems finally very happy but I would like to automatic things as much as possible. I just bought Pacific Sun Kore 5th Doser and Stirrer. It could dose drops nightly for me for Pro Bio S and AF ABVE. But since the tubing will add some length before the liquid could hit the water. And because only 4 drops nightly, I assume that every other night it would dose the old drops in the tube and the new drops will get pull into the tubing and probably wait for a day for two before it get push out. Would that cause any problem? I haven't tried it yet but very soon in a few days.

Hope you could help. Thanks!

bemofunny is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/05/2017, 07:14 AM   #15
Anirban
Registered Member

Hey, sorry for being late. I was lost between different posts and dont know how to turn on the update alert. I just saw your text.
Your assumption is correct. It will be stuck in the tube and the old one will be dosed only. There is one more issue. Did you got the magnetic stirrer with the dosing station? B and E needs to be shaken before dosing. Also the amino (A), BuilD (B) and Vitamin (V) needs to be kept at cool places or preferably refrigerate for prolong shelf life.

Thanks.

Unread 07/06/2017, 01:47 AM   #16
bemofunny
Registered Member

hmm, that is not good!!

Yes, I got the stirrer with it because I know Pro Bio S, B and E needed to be shaken before dosing. For keeping A,B and V in cool places, my house is always cool cause I WFH most of the time and my wife can't stand the heat. In fact, I wear jacket inside the house during summer lol.

So the only issue I am worried about is the liquid stay in the tubing a few days before getting into the water. Would that be a problem? Probably more than a few days. Only 4 drops daily that is a lot of drops in the tubing....

Any suggestion? besides from "program" my son to do it for me while I am away from home? It got to be away...

Another question I have. Sometimes I got high PO4 may be from feedings but still have very low in Nitrate like 1ppm. I want my Nitrate to be around 5ppm so I searched the forum and ordered Phosphate Minus and used it only once. My zoas weren't happy so I stopped. Would it be possible that Phosphate Minus having a negative effect on zoas or perhaps somethings else? I only use 1/2 of recommended doses and running in a reactor.

Unread 07/06/2017, 08:19 AM   #17
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemofunny View Post
hmm, that is not good!!

Yes, I got the stirrer with it because I know Pro Bio S, B and E needed to be shaken before dosing. For keeping A,B and V in cool places, my house is always cool cause I WFH most of the time and my wife can't stand the heat. In fact, I wear jacket inside the house during summer lol.

So the only issue I am worried about is the liquid stay in the tubing a few days before getting into the water. Would that be a problem? Probably more than a few days. Only 4 drops daily that is a lot of drops in the tubing....

Any suggestion? besides from "program" my son to do it for me while I am away from home? It got to be away...

Another question I have. Sometimes I got high PO4 may be from feedings but still have very low in Nitrate like 1ppm. I want my Nitrate to be around 5ppm so I searched the forum and ordered Phosphate Minus and used it only once. My zoas weren't happy so I stopped. Would it be possible that Phosphate Minus having a negative effect on zoas or perhaps somethings else? I only use 1/2 of recommended doses and running in a reactor.
For the first part regarding dosing, for long term storage amino and vitamin are not good without refrigeration. As far liquid inside a tube concern possibly they will be good for 4-5 days. I was dosing them but now I dont because my tank is not ULNS. You don't dose amino and vitamin when the tank is not ULNS.

For the second part, why you use PO4 minus? How high is the PO4? You should be good if its stay below 0.03ppm or so. If you use phosphate minus you are stripping off your PO4 too quickly and generally zoa and softy dont like that. If it gets high due to feeding just wait it will come down by its own if you have available NO3 in the system.

Unread 07/07/2017, 01:17 AM   #18
Chinmay
Registered Member

Smile Help needed in dosing NP Pro and Pro Bio S

Hello There,

I want to use NP Pro and Pro Bio S. The guide shows to use it daily. I m a bit confused how long should i use these products. Kindly help

Chinmay is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/07/2017, 07:13 AM   #19
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinmay View Post
Hello There,

I want to use NP Pro and Pro Bio S. The guide shows to use it daily. I m a bit confused how long should i use these products. Kindly help
Hi,
You need to dose them daily as recommended but based on the system you can adjust doing amount and days.

Thanks

Unread 07/11/2017, 03:18 AM   #20
bemofunny
Registered Member

Hi Anirban,

I have stupid questions:
  1. You mentioned "vitamin" but which product of AF is vitamin?
  2. Also according to the manual, it only mention of keeping Pro Bio S in refrigerator after open but didn't mention anything else. Could you please clarify?
I also figure out a way to keep most of the vitamin in refrigerator by only keep a small portion of it at my doser enough to last for like a week. Then use the bottle from refrigerator to refill the one in my doser weekly. Would this work?

Thanks,

Unread 07/11/2017, 05:42 AM   #21
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bemofunny View Post
Hi Anirban,

I have stupid questions:
  1. You mentioned "vitamin" but which product of AF is vitamin?
  2. Also according to the manual, it only mention of keeping Pro Bio S in refrigerator after open but didn't mention anything else. Could you please clarify?
I also figure out a way to keep most of the vitamin in refrigerator by only keep a small portion of it at my doser enough to last for like a week. Then use the bottle from refrigerator to refill the one in my doser weekly. Would this work?

Thanks,
AF V is AF vitamin. They changed those names. B is build, A is amino and E is energy. So together they are ABEV.
Vitamin and amino are heat sensitive things. If you want to keep them active and working its better to refrigerate them. In presence of higher temperature they slow loose their activity and degrade.
If you can use small portion for the doser and refill it weekly then it possibly should work without issue.

Unread 07/24/2017, 10:56 PM   #22
cwschoon
Registered Member

Good evening Anirban,
I have a 120 mixed reef...lots of rock, with fish and softies. I have a decent skimmer in my sump and 3 Brightwell Aquatics Xport NO3 dimpled bricks in the sump as well.
To reduce nutrients-nitrate and phosphate-which products should I purchase? I have been using Pro Bio F for about a week. Will this product on its own, reduce NO3 and PO?
Thanks.

cwschoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/25/2017, 08:04 AM   #23
Anirban
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwschoon View Post
Good evening Anirban,
I have a 120 mixed reef...lots of rock, with fish and softies. I have a decent skimmer in my sump and 3 Brightwell Aquatics Xport NO3 dimpled bricks in the sump as well.
To reduce nutrients-nitrate and phosphate-which products should I purchase? I have been using Pro Bio F for about a week. Will this product on its own, reduce NO3 and PO?
Thanks.
Hi,

What is your current NO3 and PO4 readings?
For large tank such as yours Pro bio S and NP pro is recommended but it needs some time. AF also sell a product called Life bio Fill which is bacteria seeded substrate and can immediately start reducing NO3 and PO4. You can use any of them or both if needed. Pro bio F is more useful for small nano tanks but you can still use it alternatively with these.
Thanks

Unread 07/25/2017, 08:52 AM   #24
cwschoon
Registered Member

Thank you for your response! I run GFO and Phosban, so PO4 is not so much an issue as nitrates, which I have a hard time keeping below 40ppm. It's a relatively new tank-6 months-so things are still settling in.
It was my thought that the Pro Bio F, in conjunction with the Xport bricks and the large amount of rock, would facilitate the bacteria to reduce my nitrates. I have no algae issues and the tank looks great but my nitrate level is unacceptable to me. I will look into your recommendations and thanks again.

Unread 07/25/2017, 04:13 PM   #25
cwschoon
Registered Member

One more question Anirban,
Any issues using AF products with my Brightwell Aquatics Xport NO3 brick? They are doped with sulphur.
Thanks again.