Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Large Reef Tanks
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/20/2021, 11:30 AM   #1
CDTReefer
Registered Member

Fish Ideas for 650

Hello, Anyone’s thoughts please on fish for our business tank. It’s been up for almost 3 yrs. currently have 1 niger trigger 1 Picasso trigger 7 black percula clowns and 1 blue jaw trig and 2 fox faces rabbit fish. The have all been in there since the tank has been up. We need more fish but not sure what to get. I have had tangs in the past but are pretty delicate. Thinking more of hardy fish. Stocking thoughts please. Thanks!

CDTReefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/20/2021, 03:35 PM   #2
Michael Hoaster
Registered Seaweedist

Checkerboard Wrasse!

Current Tank Info: 180g Seagrass Sandbar Lagoon, START DATE November 28, 2018
Michael Hoaster is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2021, 06:58 AM   #3
munna121
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CDTReefer View Post
Hello, Anyone’s thoughts please on fish for our business tank. It’s been up for almost 3 yrs. currently have 1 niger trigger 1 Picasso trigger 7 black percula clowns and 1 blue jaw trig and 2 fox faces rabbit fish. The have all been in there since the tank has been up. We need more fish but not sure what to get. I have had tangs in the past but are pretty delicate. Thinking more of hardy fish. Stocking thoughts please. Thanks!
Tangs aren't that delicate really. Just add a few at a time. The most difficult thing imo with tangs is how aggressive they can be when you add new fish.

munna121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2021, 07:02 AM   #4
munna121
Registered Member

Harlequin tusk, bird wrasse, formosa wrasse, large angels are all good candidates. Heres a video of my setup with a decent mix of fish. https://youtu.be/PFTTM8AfkWw

munna121 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/26/2021, 08:41 AM   #5
Imaexpat2
Registered Member

Me....I would be thinking 2-3 Miniatus Groupers in a tank that big! They are stunningly beautiful and will only get to about 10-12 inches max. They are one of the smaller groupers and one of my favorite fish. The only down side is any other fish that can fit in their mouth and any decorative shrimp are on the menu! They dont really start to show their vivid colors until they get 4-5 inches in length. I tried to add a pic but its not working, do a google search for images and a couple of dozen will show up. The images at LiveAquaria are drab juvenile fish. There are two types one is stawberry red with irridecent blue/gold dots the other is like that but kinda fades to a brilliant blue at the tip of the tail and fins.

Last edited by Imaexpat2; 01/26/2021 at 08:50 AM.
Imaexpat2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2021, 10:43 PM   #6
lionfish300
Registered Member

Queen Angel is a must have for that size of a tank

lionfish300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/25/2021, 12:30 AM   #7
markovkaa
Registered Member

I always need clownfish in my tank.

markovkaa is offline   Reply With Quote