Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/07/2018, 01:47 PM   #1
Spar
Registered Member

Ozone with BK SM 200?

Is the BK SM 200 Ozone proof? I noticed the manual references the ozone connection on the pump intake.

Any additional precautions to consider on top of just hooking an ozone generator to it (assuming it is ozone safe)?

Unread 02/07/2018, 02:09 PM   #2
scuzy
Registered Member

I would add louts of carbon on the output and a bag of it over top of waste lid.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

scuzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/07/2018, 02:23 PM   #3
slief
RC Sponsor

The Bubble Kings are all ozone ready. As with any skimmer that is ozone safe, you still need to filter the vents on the skimmer lid through carbon so that excess ozone is filtered out of the air leaving the lid. Some have added bags of carbon to the lid or even used an acrylic ring ontop of the lid with some screen and carbon set on top. I also suggest having the skimmers effluent exhaust through carbon. This can get tricky as you don't want to restrict the flow coming out of the skimmer.

Personally I much prefer using an ozone reactor as you have better control over the contact time the ozone has with the water because you can control the waters flow through the reactor. You also eliminate residual ozone issues because you would run the ozone reactors effluent through a carbon reactor. The overall result of using an ozone reactor is in my experience much better in terms of the impact it has on ORP and the speed of which the impact is experienced.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/16/2018, 02:13 PM   #4
Scythanith
Premium Member

Wouldn't it be a good idea for RE to sell this setup?