Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/05/2015, 11:35 PM   #1
slief
RC Sponsor

Official Royal Exclusiv Dream Box Owners Thread.

This thread is dedicated to Dream Box owners. Please post photos of your Dream Boxes and your display and a little detail about your system.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2015, 12:17 AM   #2
Socaltoaz
Registered Member

Love love love my Dreambox. Couple of photos to start the thread:

Unread 12/06/2015, 12:19 AM   #3
Socaltoaz
Registered Member

Unread 12/06/2015, 12:21 AM   #4
Socaltoaz
Registered Member

At first I thought the lights were a gimmick but we use them to communicate the status of the tank. Red means the fish have not been fed. Purple means first feeding done. Green means last feeding done. Very helpful do me or my kids don't over feed the fish.

Unread 12/06/2015, 12:38 PM   #5
alin2
Registered Member

My Dreambox and RE Supermarin 200 are the most impressive pieces of equipment in my system.

The craftsmanship is outstanding and functionality well thought out. I did a huge amount of due diligence on the equipment for my reboot since I experienced a tank disaster with my previous tank. BY FAR, the RE Dreambox was a no brainer.

alin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2015, 02:25 PM   #6
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Is that the Exclusively Royals room, since it has a Thrown... ? :P

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2015, 02:53 PM   #7
alin2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ReefClownMIA View Post
Is that the Exclusively Royals room, since it has a Thrown... ? :P
Lol...I've had more comments about the toilet than the Dreambox.

I had to keep the toilet since my it's the only one in the finished basement and we spend a lot of time down there.

Unread 12/06/2015, 05:16 PM   #8
alin2
Registered Member

Here's a more recent pic of it up and running with the skimmer...and sans throne.

Unread 12/06/2015, 07:52 PM   #9
danrobberg
Registered Member

Been waiting for this thread!!! How high do you guys keep the water in your return chamber?

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2015, 07:54 PM   #10
danrobberg
Registered Member

Before system got wet

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (33.5 KB, 336 views)
Unread 12/06/2015, 07:59 PM   #11
danrobberg
Registered Member

I was super nervous about dripping pic cement on the dreambox so I covered it with towels and glad I did. Not a mark on it.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (53.1 KB, 293 views)
Unread 12/06/2015, 08:04 PM   #12
C.Eymann
Cnidaria lover

so jelly of anyone who sports a dreambox, this thread will cause me to drool for sure.
superior German craftsmanship always makes me drool.

Current Tank Info: 80gal build in the works
C.Eymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/06/2015, 10:01 PM   #13
alin2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrobberg View Post
Been waiting for this thread!!! How high do you guys keep the water in your return chamber?
About 2-3 cm above the RD return pump. It's low enough so that if the RD3 stops the sump will not overflow.

Unread 12/09/2015, 11:48 AM   #14
Shredded
Registered Member

Hi All,
So, here is mine. It is still sitting in Germany, crated, ready to go, just waiting on a shipping estimate (actually duties and taxes) before it can be put on a plane to head this way. Scott asked if I would share some of my pics even tho it has not arrived yet.

Construction Pic 48.jpg

Construction Pic 51.jpg

Construction Pic 52.jpg

Construction Pic 53.jpg

Construction Pic 45.jpg

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/09/2015, 11:51 PM   #15
alin2
Registered Member

Quick ?

Despite the narrow "degassing" chamber right before the return pump chamber and after the skimmer/reactor section, I still get quite a few micro bubbles getting into the return pump chamber and, of course, pumped into the display. This is also partly due to my refugium outlet exiting into the "degassing" chamber.

Is there a foam insert made for the degassing chamber to eliminate micro bubbles?

Unread 12/10/2015, 03:32 AM   #16
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by alin2 View Post
Quick ?

Despite the narrow "degassing" chamber right before the return pump chamber and after the skimmer/reactor section, I still get quite a few micro bubbles getting into the return pump chamber and, of course, pumped into the display. This is also partly due to my refugium outlet exiting into the "degassing" chamber.

Is there a foam insert made for the degassing chamber to eliminate micro bubbles?
Quote:
Quick ?

I am just kind of stabbing in the dark here since I can't see the inside of the sump and the refugium drain. In looking at the picture, it looks like the water level in the return section is a bit low. Is it possible that the micro bubbles are boing caused by the return pump creating a vortex and sucking air from the surface? Regading the refugium drain, it's a shame you can't move that line over to the next chamber where the skimmer is. Is that line extended below the waters surface? If that is the cause of the micro bubbles and its extending below the waters suface, one thing you could do is take a piece of 1.5" or 2" or even larger pvc pipe with a cap on the bottom and place it under the refugium drain line so that the drain line from the refugium extends down into the pipe. The water would then enter into the larger diameter PVC pipe and overflow out of it This would serve as a bubble trap and allow the micro bubbles to escape at the waters surface instead of being drawn into the return pump. A small acyrlic box where that the refugium line could extend down into that serves as a weir would be another option.

Another option would be to get a round foam piece like this one below and extend the refugium drain line into the foam. That should help supress the micro bubbles as well.
http://www.marinedepot.com/Outlet_fo...PSRPAP-vi.html

You could always get a cut to fit foam block like the one below and cut a piece to go between the drain and the return pump but I am not a fan of foam in the sump as its another maintenance item.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Filter-Bio-S...252100129397?_

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 12/10/2015 at 03:45 AM.
Unread 12/10/2015, 09:47 AM   #17
Shredded
Registered Member

I got my shipping, duty and taxes today. I may need to sell my first born. :-) Hopedully can ship early next week. Cannot wait to see it.

Last edited by Shredded; 12/10/2015 at 09:55 AM.
Unread 12/10/2015, 11:09 AM   #18
alin2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
I am just kind of stabbing in the dark here since I can't see the inside of the sump and the refugium drain. In looking at the picture, it looks like the water level in the return section is a bit low. Is it possible that the micro bubbles are boing caused by the return pump creating a vortex and sucking air from the surface? Regading the refugium drain, it's a shame you can't move that line over to the next chamber where the skimmer is. Is that line extended below the waters surface? If that is the cause of the micro bubbles and its extending below the waters suface, one thing you could do is take a piece of 1.5" or 2" or even larger pvc pipe with a cap on the bottom and place it under the refugium drain line so that the drain line from the refugium extends down into the pipe. The water would then enter into the larger diameter PVC pipe and overflow out of it This would serve as a bubble trap and allow the micro bubbles to escape at the waters surface instead of being drawn into the return pump. A small acyrlic box where that the refugium line could extend down into that serves as a weir would be another option.

Another option would be to get a round foam piece like this one below and extend the refugium drain line into the foam. That should help supress the micro bubbles as well.
http://www.marinedepot.com/Outlet_fo...PSRPAP-vi.html

You could always get a cut to fit foam block like the one below and cut a piece to go between the drain and the return pump but I am not a fan of foam in the sump as its another maintenance item.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Filter-Bio-S...252100129397?_
The return pump chamber is a little low, but it can't go that much higher to avoid the sump overflowing when the return pump goes off. But, even at that level there is no vortex with the pump at 74 watts.

I wanted to avoid having the refugium drain into the skimmer section to help avoid the pods and small fauna getting sucked into the skimmer and to go to the display as a ancillary food source. Of course, right now I have the RE foam around the slot tube on the RD3 return pump to avoid micro bubbles which defeats that purpose anyways. I wanted to avoid keeping that foam on the slot tube as another thing I have to change for maintenance.

I saw a foam insert cut specifically for the degassing chamber on the German RE website and thought if that was available and relatively inexpensive, it would be easier to change that out frequently.

Unread 12/10/2015, 12:01 PM   #19
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
The return pump chamber is a little low, but it can't go that much higher to avoid the sump overflowing when the return pump goes off. But, even at that level there is no vortex with the pump at 74 watts.

I wanted to avoid having the refugium drain into the skimmer section to help avoid the pods and small fauna getting sucked into the skimmer and to go to the display as a ancillary food source. Of course, right now I have the RE foam around the slot tube on the RD3 return pump to avoid micro bubbles which defeats that purpose anyways. I wanted to avoid keeping that foam on the slot tube as another thing I have to change for maintenance.

I saw a foam insert cut specifically for the degassing chamber on the German RE website and thought if that was available and relatively inexpensive, it would be easier to change that out frequently.
We don't have that foam in the US. While it is reasonably cheap and we could probably include a piece with the next shipment, you could be waiting a month for it to arrive as I don't yet have an ETA on that shipment.

I did some searching and found some similar foam material that is cheap and domestic but the first thing I would try is some filter floss to make sure it will solve the issue. This assuming I were going to pursue the foam route. My concern would be that the foam would inhibit larger pods from making it into the pump and being distributed back into the display. Still, I would probably create a small bubble trap for the refugium drain like the PCV solution I mentioned or a small acrylic box for the refugium drain to enter and overflow from. That or I would experiment with a valve on that drain line to slow the flow down slightly so that the drain pipe is flooded and doesn't have a bunch of air in it. I'd add a float switch to the refugium so that if the drain backed up and the levei in the fuge rose, the refugium pump would be shut and an alarm notification from my controller would be sent out.
Here are some options if you wanted to go that route.

Here are some more foam options for you.
http://www.amazon.com/Dimart-XY-1038...dp/B0182443T4/

http://www.amazon.com/Biochemical-Co.../dp/B015XB09LA

http://www.amazon.com/2x32x12cm-Bioc.../dp/B00SLLYNV2

Unread 12/11/2015, 09:21 PM   #20
danrobberg
Registered Member

Here are some better pics of my setup

Unread 12/29/2015, 10:48 AM   #21
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I will be in the club in about 6 more weeks. Just waiting for it to be finished and shipped.

Unread 12/29/2015, 11:42 AM   #22
Shredded
Registered Member

What did you go with? Details! Good luck with shipping. Still waiting on mine. Was bumped from its first flight, but now supposedly, has landed on Christmas Eve in Houston. Trying to get a status on the shipment from the forwarder but could not get a response. I thought maybe he was off for the holidays and so I emailed the import manager. His response, not to me, but to subordinate, was, please advise him on the status. So no answers yet. I am sure it will eventually get here. Just disappointed. So talk, tell me what you got.

Unread 12/29/2015, 11:59 AM   #23
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

New build is a custom 180g tank. Sump is the 100cm x 40cm x 35cm with double cone 200 skimmer w/rd3 speedy.

Unread 12/30/2015, 11:53 AM   #24
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Closed Loop Dreamboxes are now aviable ....

After strong programming, the Closed Loops Dreamboxes are ready. First Pics of our newest Development ....

The CL-Dreamboxes are fit for the new RD3-Speedy-230 Watt/ 20.000 L/h.

We want offered a complet-Set, include all Pumps, Connectors and Mediafilter..

For a Setprice, please ask Slief

best regards .. Klaus

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2015, 11:57 AM   #25
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote