Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 12/30/2015, 12:02 PM   #26
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2015, 12:07 PM   #27
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Unread 12/30/2015, 03:03 PM   #28
biecacka
Registered Member

WOW is all I can say. Those are very nice!!! Any chance we can or I can get the details on them? Just curious...how they operate? Are those media reactors in it fed off the pump? What does the remote do?

Thanks,
Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/30/2015, 03:23 PM   #29
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by biecacka View Post

WOW is all I can say. Those are very nice!!! Any chance we can or I can get the details on them? Just curious...how they operate? Are those media reactors in it fed off the pump? What does the remote do?

Thanks,
Corey
This is a new dream box design that incorperates the closed loop pumps into the sump. The media reactors are fed off the return pump which in this case is an RD3 230 watt pump. This new sump has a seperate pair of RD3 230's that are inside the sump which are for 2 seperate closed loops for the display. Those RD3 230's can be substituted for other RD3 pumps as well for those that don't need that much power for their closed loop. The inlets and outlets for those closed loop pumps are the larger red pipes sticking out of the top of the sump. That can be cut to length and can include metric or imperial unions on the top of the sump for easy adaptation to an existing system. Typically people like myself who run closed loops have to allow for space below the tank or in their fish room for the separate external closed loop pumps. This keeps everything within the sump minimizing the space required for a more complex system.

The remote is to control the in sump LED lighting and allows you to change the color and brightness of the lighting inside the sump and also set it to stay as one color or rotate colors automatically. There are all kinds of different options for how the colors change or transition. The LED lights are RGB and allow for dozens of different color schemes too including white, blue, red, green, orange, pink etc as well as variations of those colors. All of which are controlled via the hand held remote. The LED sump lighting is a standard option for all dream boxes.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476

Last edited by slief; 12/30/2015 at 03:30 PM.
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2015, 09:51 AM   #30
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

thanks Scott, for the perfect declaration .... you now, my english language is limited ...

This CL-Sumps are aviable in January 2016

best regards .. Klaus

Unread 12/31/2015, 10:25 AM   #31
Shredded
Registered Member

OK guys, Mine has arrived. Sorry to distract from the new closed loop systems. It arrived by truck this morning and they said they would not deliver it until Monday. Forget that, it is less then 2 miles from my office. My son is picking me up in 30 minutes in his pickup to go get it. Finally!!!

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2015, 10:53 AM   #32
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Niceeee!!!

Unread 12/31/2015, 11:26 AM   #33
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Klaus Jansen D View Post
thanks Scott, for the perfect declaration .... you now, my english language is limited ...

This CL-Sumps are aviable in January 2016

best regards .. Klaus

I hat für Sie !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
OK guys, Mine has arrived. Sorry to distract from the new closed loop systems. It arrived by truck this morning and they said they would not deliver it until Monday. Forget that, it is less then 2 miles from my office. My son is picking me up in 30 minutes in his pickup to go get it. Finally!!!
Sweet!! I'm sure you are like a kid at XMAS time! Make sure you post some pictures here and on our Facebook page of you unwrapping it and out of the crate.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 12/31/2015, 01:01 PM   #34
Shredded
Registered Member

OK, it is home in the garage waiting for me. No time to fully unwrap it but customs beat me to some of it. I am sure the water top off box left Germany in a box but it no longer was in one. It has cuts in the top and both sides from the box knife they used to slice it open with. The skimmer box had been sliced open but it looks undamaged. I cannot tell if the remaining pieces have been tampered with. Incompetence makes me mad. I guess we are training monkeys and giving them box knives for customs agents. Hopefully he was satisfied with just damaging the water top off box and stopped there. I will do a video tonight as I unbox the rest. I posted some of the pics. Klaus, can these be sanded out and buffed since its ABS?
Jeff

Attached Images
File Type: jpg customs damage1.jpg (72.6 KB, 199 views)
File Type: jpg customs damage2.jpg (46.3 KB, 178 views)
File Type: jpg customs damage3.jpg (17.5 KB, 165 views)
File Type: jpg customs damage4.jpg (11.5 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg customs damage5.jpg (21.5 KB, 166 views)
Unread 12/31/2015, 01:24 PM   #35
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
OK, it is home in the garage waiting for me. No time to fully unwrap it but customs beat me to some of it. I am sure the water top off box left Germany in a box but it no longer was in one. It has cuts in the top and both sides from the box knife they used to slice it open with. The skimmer box had been sliced open but it looks undamaged. I cannot tell if the remaining pieces have been tampered with. Incompetence makes me mad. I guess we are training monkeys and giving them box knives for customs agents. Hopefully he was satisfied with just damaging the water top off box and stopped there. I will do a video tonight as I unbox the rest. I posted some of the pics. Klaus, can these be sanded out and buffed since its ABS?
Jeff
Got to love customs.. It's a shame they don't take more care when they handle things. You can certainly sand that out. I would do a test spot on the inside or back of the sump as it may change the sheen on the finish and be even more noticeable when you are finished. You could also try using a Scotch Brite pad or even some steel wool. Like I said, I would do a test in a spot that won't be visible first so you can figure out what will work best when it comes to matching the sheen of the material. It might be that using some 1200 grit wet dry sand paper would work too. I would just try to find a sanding method that matches the sheen of the material without having to use several steps.

Unread 12/31/2015, 01:43 PM   #36
Shredded
Registered Member

Hey Scott,
Yea it is going to need more then one step. These are deeper then the pictures can show. They will have to be sanded with a wet/dry 800 to remove the scratch and then work finer up to 2000 grit to remove the heavier sanding scratches, then buffed to a shine with a liquid compound to restore the shine. I have never worked with ABS before, only paint so I know the process but not sure what the best grits would be to use. At this time, from the look of the pallet (see first pic) I do not think they got down to the sump so hopefully it is unharmed. If you look at the left hand side of the pic, you can see the water top off box just under the plastic. I know that did not leave Germany unboxed. He cut it completely out of the box. If I sent this to the Florida facility, can they fix it?
Jeff

Unread 12/31/2015, 02:02 PM   #37
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Hey Scott,
Yea it is going to need more then one step. These are deeper then the pictures can show. They will have to be sanded with a wet/dry 800 to remove the scratch and then work finer up to 2000 grit to remove the heavier sanding scratches, then buffed to a shine with a liquid compound to restore the shine. I have never worked with ABS before, only paint so I know the process but not sure what the best grits would be to use. At this time, from the look of the pallet (see first pic) I do not think they got down to the sump so hopefully it is unharmed. If you look at the left hand side of the pic, you can see the water top off box just under the plastic. I know that did not leave Germany unboxed. He cut it completely out of the box. If I sent this to the Florida facility, can they fix it?
Jeff
We don't have anything at the Florida facility to remove scratches like that. If anything, I would contact a local acrylic supply place as they can likely polish it out for you.That or take a look at this thread I started here on acrylic scratch removal. The process will be the same for the PVC that the sumps and holding tanks are made out of although you may need to add the additional step of polishing with compound. That said, you pretty much treat it like clear coat safe car paint.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2538092

Unread 12/31/2015, 02:12 PM   #38
rvareef
In Memoriam

bummer Jeff!, how much was shipping and can you file a claim with customs?

rvareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2015, 02:59 PM   #39
Shredded
Registered Member

I could file a complaint with customs but I'm pretty sure they feel they are impervious to anything and can do whatever they want with impunity. Someone who takes a box knife and rips into something like this has no respect for anyone else's property and basically doesn't care. I'm sure they would just cover for him and nothing would come of it except a waste of my time. Shipping was 2300.00

Unread 12/31/2015, 03:14 PM   #40
rvareef
In Memoriam

I have not had this happen before but with shipping over 2k I would call the customs superintendent, you should be able to file a claim and not just a complaint. Might be able to find what youre looking for here

https://help.cbp.gov/app/answers/det...jury,-or-death

rvareef is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2015, 03:38 PM   #41
Socaltoaz
Registered Member

The new closed loop dream box looks awesome! I love the mounts for the pump controllers. You have me wanting to buy a whole new sump for this.

Unread 12/31/2015, 04:44 PM   #42
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
I could file a complaint with customs but I'm pretty sure they feel they are impervious to anything and can do whatever they want with impunity. Someone who takes a box knife and rips into something like this has no respect for anyone else's property and basically doesn't care. I'm sure they would just cover for him and nothing would come of it except a waste of my time. Shipping was 2300.00
Jeff,
I'm very sorry to hear about the issues with Customs. Our most recent shipment to Fort Myers was 6 pallets, customs cut/ripped through 6 layers of cardboard all the way down through the fabric and plastic bag the skimmers are in. I now have a skimmer in inventory that is brand new w/out a resale box... Luckily they just barely missed the body of the skimmer.

I'll talk to Klaus & Torsten on Monday to see what our options are, please send me some high quality pictures of the packaging and damage via email. Info@royalexclusiv.com

Thanks,
Marco

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/31/2015, 10:13 PM   #43
UWUALineman
Registered Member

Shredded, sorry to see this. I know it doesn't help the matter but it's a terrible shame to see you spend an insane amount of money on something to have it completely disrespected by someone with no regard. Good luck if you pursue damages.
These sumps are beautiful, but the one thing that blows me away over everything else is the cord organizers. Maybe I haven't paid much attention elsewhere, but that is brilliant and effective.

UWUALineman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/01/2016, 06:06 PM   #44
Shredded
Registered Member

Happy New Years all! OK, so, I have a couple of scratches on the water top off tank... I am thru having my temper tantrum. I got up this morning and videoed the un boxing of the rest of the shipment. There is no other damage. They apparently stopped after unboxing the water tank and slicing open the skimmer. It could have been worse and I have high hopes that my local plastics company (built my first acrylic tank for me) can easily sand them out and buff it back to a high polish. Thankfully the ABS is not textured.
Anyway, here are some pics. Let me just say, I know everyone says this but the quality of the construction is unbelievable. I absolutely could not be more pleased. Everything was packaged very well and had someone not chosen to unpackage it, everything would have arrived perfectly. The fit and finish of all of the parts is perfect. I only wish that I could set it up right now. We start construction on the house next month so I have to be patient.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RE2.jpg (37.9 KB, 209 views)
File Type: jpg RE3.jpg (38.8 KB, 208 views)
File Type: jpg RE4.jpg (41.7 KB, 202 views)
File Type: jpg RE8.jpg (51.4 KB, 227 views)
File Type: jpg RE9.jpg (49.2 KB, 214 views)
Unread 01/01/2016, 06:15 PM   #45
Shredded
Registered Member

and some more.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RE10.jpg (35.4 KB, 188 views)
File Type: jpg RE11.jpg (41.4 KB, 172 views)
File Type: jpg RE12.jpg (48.6 KB, 183 views)
File Type: jpg RE13.jpg (38.5 KB, 189 views)
File Type: jpg RE14.jpg (36.7 KB, 170 views)
Unread 01/01/2016, 06:16 PM   #46
Shredded
Registered Member

One more.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg RE1.jpg (59.1 KB, 198 views)
Unread 01/01/2016, 06:25 PM   #47
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Man I can't wait to get mine!

Unread 01/02/2016, 06:57 PM   #48
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I have been emailing trying to make sure my payment was received and production has been started on my sump. Can someone from RE please PM me for my details and tell me if you have started building my sump yet or not? I have emailed 3 times with no responses.

Unread 01/02/2016, 07:21 PM   #49
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
I have been emailing trying to make sure my payment was received and production has been started on my sump. Can someone from RE please PM me for my details and tell me if you have started building my sump yet or not? I have emailed 3 times with no responses.
When did you send the payment? Not sure when you started emailing to follow up but the head office in Germany has been shut down for the holiday since just before Xmas. They closed down from the week of Christmas through New Years and reopen this Monday. I know Torsten has been away from his email since then. They take their vacation time seriously in Germany unlike us in the states.

They get back first of this next week and I would expect you will hear back Monday if not Tuesday. If you don't hear back from Torsten by Tuesday morning after he has a chance to catch up, send me a PM and I will set some fires.

Last edited by slief; 01/02/2016 at 07:28 PM.
Unread 01/03/2016, 03:11 PM   #50
biecacka
Registered Member

Man I want one of these so bad!!

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote