Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/11/2016, 11:22 AM   #51
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Slief I forgot to follow up with you but all is good and sump was being built. They even sent me some pics of it and that's when I noticed they built the inverted option and I ordered a regular one.

I'm really glad I asked for pictures but kinda bummed that they have to start all over now. I get my tank next Wednesday and it's making me nervous that this will come out error free too. They don't provide pics for their tanks so I just have to hope it was all double checked. Hopefully this doesn't put me too much further out with the sump.

Unread 01/11/2016, 11:27 AM   #52
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

For those that already gotten a dreambox in the past how long after RE notified you of the shipment did it arrive and ready to be picked up?

Unread 01/11/2016, 04:33 PM   #53
Shredded
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
For those that already gotten a dreambox in the past how long after RE notified you of the shipment did it arrive and ready to be picked up?
Well... Don't be in a hurry.
It can take a while and mine was over the holidays so maybe mine is not a good example. Basic construction, cutting and gluing the parts and then I think only Klaus does all the welding so he is busy, and then once complete, packing and palletizing, then getting the quote for shipping and customs took a couple weeks.... Then after shipping it got bumped off a flight... I think I ordered and made my down payment in October and it arrived December 31st. I think maybe 10 weeks.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/11/2016, 04:35 PM   #54
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I'm talking after they have finished production and shipped it out. Just interested in shipping time.

Unread 01/11/2016, 05:17 PM   #55
Shredded
Registered Member

Oh, my bad, should have read more carefully. Still not a good example. Done before thanksgiving, I was out of town, then I wasted a week and a half thinking I could do better (you can't), then two weeks to get a quote on shipping, forwarding, customs and duties and taxes. Then it got bumped from a flight, so about 4 weeks. I'd say that would not be normal. I'd say probably 10 days to two weeks is a good bet.

Last edited by Shredded; 01/11/2016 at 05:18 PM. Reason: Misspelling
Unread 01/12/2016, 08:34 AM   #56
Shredded
Registered Member

@ClownsRCoo... let's see some pics.

Unread 01/12/2016, 01:37 PM   #57
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Well here is the backwards dreambox that i am not sure if I'm going to take or not.

Unread 01/12/2016, 01:41 PM   #58
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Will eventually have the red seams. It's basically stock I just had him add a few more slits in the rim for extra cords for my heaters and dosing lines. I'm loving the cord holders they just started doing. This thing is going to be so sleek and organized when it's all set up. Can't wait.

I'm starting to think I won't even skin my stand. This will be just as much of a work of art as my tank will, why hide that. I'm getting my metal stand coated today and chose to go with red to stick with the color scheme. Piping will be red as well so the entire stand and equipment should be white and red. I've got the vertex reactors, white kore 5th doser, etc.

Unread 01/12/2016, 03:00 PM   #59
Shredded
Registered Member

We have made the exact same choices. I went with white powder coating on a steel stand with red accents. You will not see mine as it will be in the tank room so no need to skin it. I am however going to use white polypropylene sheets for the back and sides for mounting equipment. Red 1", 1-1/4", and 1-1/2" PVC with white PVC fittings. Also, if I need any flexible tubing, I have a roll of Primochill's Bloodshed Red flexible tubing. I also chose Vertex reactors (picked up the Vertex Calcium reactor during BRS's black Friday sale for 350.00) and have ordered the white Kore 5th doser to handle dozing, water top off and water changes with the optional pumps.

Unread 01/12/2016, 03:05 PM   #60
Shredded
Registered Member

I guess really, left to right or right to left doesn't really matter. Either way, your inputs and outputs shouldn't be affected, same distance, just a different direction.

Unread 01/12/2016, 03:12 PM   #61
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

My refugium is set up to specifically be on the right and I want it right there fed from the return pump and flowing back into return section of sump. If I use this sump the return section now is clear across the sump

Unread 01/12/2016, 03:16 PM   #62
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Lol dang shredded we are definately thinking alike. Do you have a build thread going so I can check it out and get a glimpse of how yours is coming together?

I'm thinking I can maybe make the inverted sump work and save myself another 3-4 weeks of having them start over on the sump.

Where are you getting those polypropylene sheets from?

Unread 01/13/2016, 09:17 AM   #63
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Well this sucks. They offered me a $64 discount if I took the inverted one they made by mistake. A whole 3% discount. I've been waiting 4 weeks and they screwed it up and the only person I would be doing a favor by taking it would be them and that's what I get offered? That's pretty weak. Then I'm told it's going to be another 5-6 weeks before I can get the new one built. Again, I can't see how that thing takes more than a week to build from start to finish. 1 day on the cnc cutting all the panels. One day to glue together and let dry over night, next day to apply the red seams. Another for dry time. One for fittings install. Then you package it up and ship.

Unread 01/13/2016, 10:53 AM   #64
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
Well this sucks. They offered me a $64 discount if I took the inverted one they made by mistake. A whole 3% discount. I've been waiting 4 weeks and they screwed it up and the only person I would be doing a favor by taking it would be them and that's what I get offered? That's pretty weak. Then I'm told it's going to be another 5-6 weeks before I can get the new one built. Again, I can't see how that thing takes more than a week to build from start to finish. 1 day on the cnc cutting all the panels. One day to glue together and let dry over night, next day to apply the red seams. Another for dry time. One for fittings install. Then you package it up and ship.
The time is the due to the other sumps on the production line at any given time. They typically have several on the line at a time and they have to do setup of the CNC programming too because each sump is typically different in terms of fittings and what not. Plus the CNC machines get setup for different sized sumps so they cut them in batches of similar size units.

The welding process is very time consuming. These aren't glued like typical acrylic. You glue one panel and let it set for 24 hours. Then glue another panel and let it sit again and repeat. Then they are welded and it's done one panel at a time.

Regarding the discount, my guess is that your sump would not sit for long there as they always have a substantial backlog of dreamboxes. I just sent you a PM.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/13/2016, 11:36 AM   #65
Shredded
Registered Member

I haven't started the build thread yet. I sign the contract on the house in two weeks, have design meetings in February and break ground in March. At that point I wanted to start a build thread and get ideas. The tank room will not be big. Room for the tank, two feet behind the tank to big double doors. Raised floor with a drain and about 5 x 4 feet of open space to the left of the tank for work room. small sink, salt water mixing station, etc.
Polypropylene Sheets are from Eplastics.com. 0.250 x 48 x 72 - 88.92
I was kind of going to do the same thing, in reverse. RE has a refugium in stock in Florida. It just so happens the size matches my sump size but the outlet is plumbed on the right instead of the left. I thought I might move the top off tank to the right, put the refugium on the left and let a branch off of the overflow feed the refugium directly and then plumb the output into an extra input to the sump? Seems like a good place for it, but I guess my only question is if I was using this to cultivate pods, would any pods survive or even make it back to the main tank going thru the filter socks, then skimming, then possible UV exposure all the way to the return pump.

Well... like I said before, you can't be in a hurry. I think the line forms at the rear. lol If you get out of line you have to start over. But... If you are spending this kind of money, be sure you are happy and don't settle if you won't like it. They want you to be happy also.

Unread 01/13/2016, 11:45 AM   #66
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
Polypropylene Sheets are from Eplastics.com. 0.250 x 48 x 72 - 88.92
I was kind of going to do the same thing, in reverse. RE has a refugium in stock in Florida. It just so happens the size matches my sump size but the outlet is plumbed on the right instead of the left. I thought I might move the top off tank to the right, put the refugium on the left and let a branch off of the overflow feed the refugium directly and then plumb the output into an extra input to the sump? Seems like a good place for it, but I guess my only question is if I was using this to cultivate pods, would any pods survive or even make it back to the main tank going thru the filter socks, then skimming, then possible UV exposure all the way to the return pump.

Well... like I said before, you can't be in a hurry. I think the line forms at the rear. lol If you get out of line you have to start over. But... If you are spending this kind of money, be sure you are happy and don't settle if you won't like it. They want you to be happy also.

The socks will trap the pods and the skimmer will also remove them. As such, you wouldn't want the refugium draining to the intake section or the skimmer section. It should ideally drain to any compartment after the skimmer compartment. UV exposure at rates of 90,000 µw/cm2 or higher won't hurt the pods. I run mine between 60,000 µw/cm2 and 70,000 µw/cm2 based on my flow rates although I do slow mine down at night when my RD3 closed loop slows way down for power savings and lower flow when the lights are off. Mine is however on a closed loop and I am not worried about the impact from that on my pod populations.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 01/13/2016, 11:58 AM   #67
Shredded
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by slief View Post
The socks will trap the pods and the skimmer will also remove them. As such, you wouldn't want the refugium draining to the intake section or the skimmer section. It should ideally drain to any compartment after the skimmer compartment. UV exposure at rates of 90,000 µw/cm2 or higher won't hurt the pods. I run mine between 60,000 µw/cm2 and 70,000 µw/cm2 based on my flow rates although I do slow mine down at night when my RD3 closed loop slows way down for power savings and lower flow when the lights are off. Mine is however on a closed loop and I am not worried about the impact from that on my pod populations.
Thanks Scott! I guess that answers that. Will you be getting more stock in Florida on the refugiums? I will just wait for one plumbed on the left.

Unread 01/13/2016, 12:33 PM   #68
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
Thanks Scott! I guess that answers that. Will you be getting more stock in Florida on the refugiums? I will just wait for one plumbed on the left.
I am not sure if there will be any more refugiums with the next container shipment. Truth is that since nobody knows we had them, they don't sell well.

Unread 01/14/2016, 08:03 AM   #69
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I went on a rant on here when I had an issue with RE and I feel that's it's only fair to give them props for stepping up and helping to solve it. There was never any question that they would make me a new sump exactly how I ordered it, my main concern was having the production time start all over. I will respect the fact that they probably would not like me posting what they offered me as a solution because I wouldn't want it to be expected from them but I will say that they have given me 2 options to choose from and either one would make me more than happy. Thanks also to Slief on here for helping and getting involved. If you ever have any issues with anything with RE I would start with him. Very friendly and helpful.

Unread 01/22/2016, 02:14 PM   #70
biecacka
Registered Member

Well these are ready in January....would be a great birthday present to myself this January.
Question thou, so the return lines come in on one side of the sump into the filter socks, from there they overflow into another set of socks followed by another set. Each getting smaller in micron ratings right. Then to the skimmer and so forth?

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/22/2016, 02:24 PM   #71
Shredded
Registered Member

Hi Corey,
Not sure whom you were asking, but the short answer is yes, and does depend on the model and how many levels of filter socks you have.

Unread 01/22/2016, 02:46 PM   #72
biecacka
Registered Member

Was just a general question to anyone really. That's a pretty cool concept, once again innovators in the game!

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2016, 12:28 PM   #73
keez
Registered Member

Just about to join the family! So i'm just about to finalize the order and I'm still a little confused as to what is going to be included in the dreambox. Here is what I have. I already have the return pump. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? Thanks!
Matt

1 x dreambox-filter system size M(D-175-60) normal version

1 x red welds

1 x dreambox - milled cover suitable for skimmer Bubble King Superma 5

2 x dreambox - cable holder complete (D-K-1000) white assembly ex fa

1 x dreambox - LED lighting complete size M (D-175-x)

2 x dreambox special electrode-holder / probe holder/ GHL sensor-hol

1 x Bubble king Supermarin 300+RD3 Speedy (93/RD3/1)110V/60Hz

1 x dreambox - Silencer filter socks - inlay (D-F-1)

Last edited by keez; 01/23/2016 at 12:28 PM. Reason: sp
keez is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/23/2016, 02:35 PM   #74
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keez View Post
Just about to join the family! So i'm just about to finalize the order and I'm still a little confused as to what is going to be included in the dreambox. Here is what I have. I already have the return pump. Is there anything obvious that I'm missing? Thanks!
Matt

1 x dreambox-filter system size M(D-175-60) normal version

1 x red welds

1 x dreambox - milled cover suitable for skimmer Bubble King Superma 5

2 x dreambox - cable holder complete (D-K-1000) white assembly ex fa

1 x dreambox - LED lighting complete size M (D-175-x)

2 x dreambox special electrode-holder / probe holder/ GHL sensor-hol

1 x Bubble king Supermarin 300+RD3 Speedy (93/RD3/1)110V/60Hz

1 x dreambox - Silencer filter socks - inlay (D-F-1)
Congrats! The one thing I don't see are the RD3 controller mounts. They attach to the back of the sump and provide a place to mount the RD3 controllers for things like your skimmer, return pump etc. What size display is this going on?

Unread 01/23/2016, 03:06 PM   #75
keez
Registered Member

OK Great, thanks for the reassurance. I'm planning to just mount the controllers to the wall which the sump will be adjacent to, do you recommend against this?

It's for a 600gallon display.

Matt

keez is offline   Reply With Quote