Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/23/2016, 03:49 PM   #76
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by keez View Post
OK Great, thanks for the reassurance. I'm planning to just mount the controllers to the wall which the sump will be adjacent to, do you recommend against this?

It's for a 600gallon display.

Matt
You can mount them where ever you want and if it's the wall you want to mount them on, that will work fine. I just didn't know if you were overlooking that one. The controller mounts work well in keeping the controllers close to the sump so you don't have a mess of wires running up the walls. The provide for a real clean look but every installation is different. I happen to like the controller mounts my self but others don't.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2016, 08:29 AM   #77
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Slief so those controller mounts are an add-on feature? I thought the dreambox comes with then if you ordered equipment that has a RD3 controller.

Unread 01/24/2016, 09:37 AM   #78
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
Slief so those controller mounts are an add-on feature? I thought the dreambox comes with then if you ordered equipment that has a RD3 controller.
I would double check that with Torsten. I thought they were an add on but could be wrong. I will inquire myself for my own piece of mind.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 01/25/2016, 08:49 AM   #79
Shredded
Registered Member

2 of my controller holders were included, 1 for the return and 1 for the skimmer but when I ordered mine, I specified, "set up like set 5C with the following changes". That was the best way that if figured I would get it exactly how I wanted it and I'm sure they were included in the set price. Now, when I added the additional return pump, the controller holder was an additional 37.05 EUR so I am guessing they are optional and extra.

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2016, 11:43 AM   #80
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Just confirmed with RE and they are add ons. At least if they are if you don't buy the complete system.

So I was given some pics again and I'm pretty much back to where they were when I got my first set of pics. Should be getting close now.

The last few pics were just to show me they added the extra cord slits I wanted for my heater cords and other electronics.

Unread 01/29/2016, 04:05 PM   #81
danrobberg
Registered Member

ThAt looks like the same model as mine. You will be very happy. The cord holders don't seem like a big deal until you get everything set up. I am so glad I have them.

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/09/2016, 09:39 AM   #82
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Looks like it's shipping this week. Can't wait!

Unread 02/09/2016, 09:42 AM   #83
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

This thing is going to look sick under the tank. I don't plan on even skinning the stand once it's up and running.

Unread 02/09/2016, 12:12 PM   #84
biecacka
Registered Member

That's going to be a great set up!! Can't wait to see it up and running.

Corey

biecacka is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/10/2016, 05:04 PM   #85
danrobberg
Registered Member

That's going to look awesome user there. May I suggest using schedule 80 pipe or red pipe with white fittings. That would look great.

Unread 02/10/2016, 05:05 PM   #86
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

That's exactly what I'm doing. Red PVC from BRS and white fittings.

Unread 02/11/2016, 10:41 PM   #87
jasonssandiego
Registered Member

No customer service

I love the products but why should we kiss up to them. It has taken me 3 weeks to get a quote for a dream box and no response. Customers at this are waiting and they are busy at this time. Hire more help *** I'm done with Royal period. If u ask for money then act like it then. Scott I'm sorry just sick of it.

Unread 02/12/2016, 09:05 AM   #88
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonssandiego View Post
I love the products but why should we kiss up to them. It has taken me 3 weeks to get a quote for a dream box and no response. Customers at this are waiting and they are busy at this time. Hire more help *** I'm done with Royal period. If u ask for money then act like it then. Scott I'm sorry just sick of it.
Sorry for your frustration. I can totally understand. They actually just hired three new people at the factory about 10 days ago. They been training them since then which is created a little bit of a backlog. Plus they had carnival that began last week and ended this Wednesday which is essentially a holiday there.

That said, PM me your last name. I'm assuming this was a quote that we were working up directly for you? I thought I saw a quote to you last week from Torsten in Germany. Maybe was for another Jason. I will be in front of my computer in an hour and a half or so & I will doublecheck but in the meantime PM me your last name so I can see if that coupling to you.

Unread 02/12/2016, 10:38 AM   #89
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Jason,
I just went through all my emails and I don't have any contact from you that I am aware of unless the email name is something different. I just searched for "Jason" through my inbox. There is one other Jason but he got his quote a week or two ago. Who did you send this request for quote to? Was it sent through the international contact page or through us in the US at Royalexclusiv.com? I'd like to get to the bottom of this as I have never seen it take that long for a quote on a Dream Boxes or anything else.

Unread 02/12/2016, 11:12 AM   #90
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
If this is for Jason Sanchez, the quote was emailed early in the AM of Feb 9th at 12:52AM our time. I think the last questions needed for the quote were answered by you on Feb 1st at 5:20 PM and received by Germany on the Feb 2nd. They are 9 hours ahead of us. It took 5 business days there after to put the quote together. Things have been a bit backed up at the factory due to new hires being trained and most of that fell on Torsten who is the one responsible for putting the quotes together along with pulling the cad drawings to correspond with the quotes. Did you not receive the quotes in that email or am I mixing you up with another Jason?

Last edited by slief; 02/12/2016 at 11:22 AM.
Unread 02/12/2016, 04:09 PM   #91
danrobberg
Registered Member

Anyone having any luck keeping their dreambox clean. I seem to get a lot of detritus in mine. I have 800 and 400 micron nylon socks.

Unread 02/12/2016, 05:52 PM   #92
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrobberg View Post
Anyone having any luck keeping their dreambox clean. I seem to get a lot of detritus in mine. I have 800 and 400 micron nylon socks.
I would reduce the micron size. I run 200 micron felt socks in my sump. It's not a dreambox but it stays clean. The 400 and 800 micron socks will let too much through in terms of keeping detritus out of the sump. They will however keep the stray fish and snails out of the sump. Just not much of the detritus.

Last edited by slief; 02/12/2016 at 06:04 PM.
Unread 02/12/2016, 09:13 PM   #93
danrobberg
Registered Member

Thanks Scott. Do you know of anyone who sells felt socks that will fit a dreambox. They are metric so a 4 inch sock won't fit they need something like 3 3/4 inches. If not il just have to order some 200 micron nylon socks from Royal Exclusiv. I want a spare set anyway so when I rinse my socks I can just place the clean one right in. I'd ideally like to have at least 3 sets.

Unread 02/14/2016, 08:54 AM   #94
alin2
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by danrobberg View Post
Thanks Scott. Do you know of anyone who sells felt socks that will fit a dreambox. They are metric so a 4 inch sock won't fit they need something like 3 3/4 inches. If not il just have to order some 200 micron nylon socks from Royal Exclusiv. I want a spare set anyway so when I rinse my socks I can just place the clean one right in. I'd ideally like to have at least 3 sets.
I use 300,200, and occasionally 100 micron socks in my DB. The RE ones are available from RE or Aquarium Specialty. However, the Biotek Marine brand nylon socks (AS house brand) also fits the DB and are much less expensive.

They are nylon and not felt. But, I think they work just as well and are pretty easy to clean.

alin2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2016, 07:00 AM   #95
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Well if anyone is going out for a quote for these things go ahead and expect the delivery to take 2-3x longer than they quote you. My dreambox has been "preparing to ship" now for 2 weeks. It's getting rediculous.

Unread 02/24/2016, 09:47 AM   #96
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
Well if anyone is going out for a quote for these things go ahead and expect the delivery to take 2-3x longer than they quote you. My dreambox has been "preparing to ship" now for 2 weeks. It's getting rediculous.
I feel your pain. I spoke with Torsten this morning. Your sump is done and you should have the invoice in the early hours tomorrow morning. There has been a bit of chaos at the factory with a few new hires and one of those new hires is the one that handles logistics and invoicing in addition to new production personnel. I know that doesn't make it any less frustrating but it will improve things at the factory moving forward as they needed additional help there to begin with. None the less, the wait will have been worth it. I can promise you that.

Regarding the socks, we have a bunch of socks packed into a container. There are 200, 300, 400 and 600 micron socks in there. The container is now on a boat and scheduled to arrive in Miami March 13th. From there it needs to clear customs and make it's way to Ft, Myers. As such, we expect it to arrive between March 21st and April 1st.

Unread 02/24/2016, 12:12 PM   #97
Shredded
Registered Member

@ClownsRCoo - Once mine was finished and crated, just getting the cost for shipping, customs, duties and taxes took about 2 weeks for me. Once they request it from the forwarder it is out of their hands until they hear back. It did take some time. Importing an item from another country is not quite as easy as I thought as these are considered "Formal Imports" and Customs and Border Protection make them jump thru all kinds of hoops to enter the country. I understand that you have your tank, and stand and are ready to go (I'm still not there, love your tank by the way) and I am sure you are chomping at the bit. I go in and sit and look at mine every day. Don't worry, you will love it. Even after going thru all that, I am getting ready to order another one and go thru it again.

Unread 02/24/2016, 01:38 PM   #98
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Thanks Shredded

Unread 02/24/2016, 01:43 PM   #99
Shredded
Registered Member

I can't wait to see yours up and running!! FYI, mine even got bumped off a flight on its way here. Importing is a pain in the butt.

Unread 02/24/2016, 01:53 PM   #100
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I wouldn't mind the delays but what really frustrates me is never getting an answer that tells me what's actually happening. If they would have responded like you did then that's all I'm looking for. Telling me every single time for the past 2 weeks that's it's "preparing for shipment" to me sounds like I'm waiting on RE to crate it up or something on their end. I have gotten the explanation of them restructuring about 10 times as well. It's all I've heard all month is how they are restructuring and preparing it for shipment. The vagueness of their replies drives me up the wall.