Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/24/2016, 02:20 PM   #101
Shredded
Registered Member

Oh I get it totally. I am sure they got tired of me emailing. I was told at least 10 times that we are still waiting on a response from the forwarder. I kept thinking how difficult can it be, pick up a phone and say come pick this up and ship it to this address. My girlfriend kept asking me, what is your hurry, you don't even have a house to put it in yet? I think its our culture, we want it, and we want it now! lol One of my favorite comedians used to say, we not only have fast food, but you can pick up a phone, order the food to be brought to you and then if they don't have it to you in 30 mins you don't have to pay for it. I think we are the only country in the world where that can happen. I am trying to do better and have more patience. That will also help with my quarantine practices. Oh, so Hey Scott, has that shipment come in yet?

Shredded is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2016, 03:31 PM   #102
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredded View Post
<cut> Oh, so Hey Scott, has that shipment come in yet?
Come in? Nooo
BUT! It was loaded onto the ship, 26 hours after the ship was supposed to have sailed.

Our Container has been in transit for a week now... Ship delayed by 2 days... Container was supposed to have been shipped the week prior, but due to some issues including the broker it was delayed a week.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/24/2016, 04:02 PM   #103
Shredded
Registered Member

Ship??? Did we give up on airplanes. JK! OK, after all, I am just going to add that new controller holder and output union so I can go in and sit and look at it every night. Just living thru everyone else's build until I can start mine. Thanks Marco!

Unread 02/29/2016, 08:00 PM   #104
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

So for the pat who knows how many weeks they have been getting quotes for it to ship right to my house which is really expensive. It's obviously no where near what they quoted me originally. So they have been trying to find someone that is as cheap as they can find. I of course thought this whole time it was clear that I planned on shipping to local airport and picking up from there. So FINALLY today they tell me what the heck they are actually doing which is wrong. So instead of them just keeping me in the loop and letting me fix this weeks ago I wasted about 2 weeks for nothing. I don't care how awesome this thing is, this experience sucks.

Unread 03/01/2016, 10:51 AM   #105
Shredded
Registered Member

Wow, so this has not been any fun for you. That sucks. I kind of did the same thing. I thought I could get a better price by getting UPS or FedEx to pick mine up. unfortunately, they would not have anything to do with me since I was not a company. They would not deal with an individual. I wasted two weeks trying to find someone that would work with me. I finally gave up and just said ship it. I did wind up intercepting it from the trucking company because they were not going to deliver until the next Monday. They used JAS Forwarding (USA) Inc. for mine. They walked it thru customs and then put mine on Estee's trucking to get it on to me. You won't really need to have yours forwarded, since you are in Houston, which is the entry port that mine came in, but you still need a broker or someone to walk it thru customs and complete the necessary paperwork. Were you just going to get your own broker?

Unread 03/01/2016, 01:05 PM   #106
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

I have no idea. All I have been told is that this will find its way to the local airport and I pick it up from there. I've never done something like this before so I'm totally clueless.

Unread 03/01/2016, 01:56 PM   #107
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ClownsRCoo View Post
I have no idea. All I have been told is that this will find its way to the local airport and I pick it up from there. I've never done something like this before so I'm totally clueless.
It'll get there by horse and buggy!

I'm sorry it's been so frustrating for you. I really wanted this thread to be about owners of these Dreamboxes and not the issues that a couple have faced in the last several weeks but in the interest of transparency, we will not be moderating these posts and instead will we address them and learn from them.

As I said before, I feel your pain and I am sorry about the issues. There is no good excuse for you to have had to endure this chaos. What i can tell you is that there have been some serious changes at the factory which I am going bring to light as those changes are in part the reason for some of the issues you have experienced. Let me say first that your timing couldn't have been worse. As I told you when we spoke on the phone a couple weeks back, 3 people (all related to each other) were relieved of their duties at the factory. One was overseeing production, one was in charge of billing/shipping and logistics and the other was in packing among other things. This was a long time coming and something that needed to happen for the better of the company as they were inhibiting growth and making it difficult to bring in new people. They also weren't accountable for the screw ups which was an issue in and of itself. Not that there were a lot of screw ups because there wasn't but even so, the attitude certainly didn't reflect the brand or what the company was about and it wasn't creating a good environment suitable for growth . It took a lot of balls on Klaus's part to see this through and without a doubt it was the right thing for the better of the company even though the transition created it's own issues. The likes of which you experienced.

Heiki has taken over for Andrea and unfortunately in the transition, Andrea didn't leave any instructions of information on how to do the job. Everything was more or less in her head and not shared. Granted she had been with the company for what I understand was an eternity. She was also responsible for the shipping and freight forwarding. The departure of the 3 people including her was kind of abrupt. In the end, like I said, it was long overdue and it's for the better though the transition created some (an understatement) chaos for Torsten who has had to pick up a lot of slack in areas that aren't normally his "expertootleidge". Unfortunately that buried him and impacted his communications and followups. He was suddenly wearing several hats while also doing training and hand holding. It appears he is seeing the light now and not nearly as stressed has he has been since this all went down. The new people are seemingly getting well up to speed and things are progressing better. In fact, the new team along with Torsten just got a container out and in route to Ft. Myers with one of the largest shipments of skimmers and pumps that we have seen in a long time as well as getting customers Dreamboxes built. This is something that had been in the works for a few months now.

I will say that while I have not met Heiki, she seems to be getting a handle on things fairly quick and she actually cares about doing a good job which is something I haven't seen from that department since I came on board. This says a lot believe it or not since she is the one that interfaces with the customers when it comes to shipping and invoicing from Germany. She is also VERY well spoken which is a very pleasant surprise for those of us on this side of the pond. She might just be the best english speaking person at the facility in Germany and like I said, she is very well polished in her communications skills.. I know that even our resellers are pleased with the direction things are going despite the bumps along the way. She has however been dropped quite literally into the fire head first and I am sure it's been quite a challenge having to blindly fill the shoes of her predecessor. Things like dealing with the freight forwarders, shipping methods, customs documents etc all fall into her lap. Fortunately, near as I can tell, she has been up for the challenge and I truly think she is going to be a huge blessing for the company.

That said, things are settling down there and I feel like things will be flowing better than ever. The transition created a bit of a backlog but it appears there is light at the end of the tunnel. I will say that Royal Exclusiv as a company is 10000% committed to improvement. A year or two back, the US operations were a mess which was reflected on the forum in many posts by rightfully unhappy customers. They invested in a facility out here and then made the necessary changes including getting good inventory here and hires to insure that things were handled the way they should have been all along. You no longer read about people complaining about service and support out here on the US distributed products. In fact, there has been nothing but praise for the support and the expeditious response time to warranty related issues. That credit goes to the factory for doing what was needed on the US side and being committed to improvement. Now they are doing what they need to do for the factory side too and that will be reflected in response time, production turn around etc. Especially once the new team members get fully up to speed.

Change isn't always easy and it certainly presents it's set of hurdles but despite these issues in the last couple months, I think this was change that was needed and certainly change that will be for the better.

Again, I am sorry you had to deal with these head aches. I hope that once you get your new sump, you will have a big smile on your face and put this behind you and appreciate the hard work and skill that went into building that beautiful sump.

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/01/2016, 06:13 PM   #108
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

You are right. I really tried to remain indifferent on here. I shouldn't have derailed the thread from its intended purpose. I apologize for that. Torsten is a very friendly person and obviously cares and so does Heiki who I spoke with today on the phone. Hopefully my issues are solved and we will have smooth sailing from here. I'll be sure to post my good experiences with the product too so I don't come off as just a troll which I'm not.

My personality coupled with the fact that I hadn't planned on this transition taking so long and my current tank crashing before my eyes has made it worse. I just want to get everything moved over so bad but can't.

Unread 03/01/2016, 06:56 PM   #109
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
You are right. I really tried to remain indifferent on here. I shouldn't have derailed the thread from its intended purpose. I apologize for that. Torsten is a very friendly person and obviously cares and so does Heiki who I spoke with today on the phone. Hopefully my issues are solved and we will have smooth sailing from here. I'll be sure to post my good experiences with the product too so I don't come off as just a troll which I'm not.

My personality coupled with the fact that I hadn't planned on this transition taking so long and my current tank crashing before my eyes has made it worse. I just want to get everything moved over so bad but can't.
No worries. Like I said, I truly feel your pain. Seeing your frustration was frustrating for me too. I think most here realize that the US side of things is moving like clock work. Heck, we even monitor our emails 7 days a week just as we do this forum. Most everything up until the first of the year went like clock work and was smooth. At least for the most part. As much as this transition has been frustrating for you and me as I have been trying to stay on top of your stuff as much as I can, it really is a good thing for Royal Exclusiv. I honestly think this needed to happen. It was a subject that came up from the day I came on board as there was no growing the business and the fact that it was increasing was creating a bit of a backlog when it came to getting inventory to the US. We couldn't get the stuff here quick enough. Interestingly though, Dreambox orders were getting built and filled since they were originating and billing directly from Germany. That said, I think when your first Dreambox got built inverted, that was likely the result of the former production manager. This is just speculation on my part but he would have overseen the original work order and the first CNC run.

Anyhow, I do appreciate your patience and understanding and I'm OK with your venting here for better or worse. While not on topic with this thread, it gave me a chance to address the issues and let people know what is going on with the company. Something I might not otherwise have said. In the mean time, I know myself and several others are eager to see the sump in your possession and more over, to see pictures of that thing once you get it.

I have probably disclosed more than the powers that be would have liked but like I said before, I want to be as transparent and honest as possible and things in Germany are moving in the right direction. There is a lot of good going on there. More than I have disclosed and the end result will be good for future customers. There will be some big news coming in the not so distant future. That however will be a subject for another thread!

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
Unread 03/02/2016, 08:48 AM   #110
Shredded
Registered Member

OK, group hug everybody!!
Hi Scott and Marco! So, I am still a still few months away of getting mine set up but, an opportunity has fallen into my lap in the mean time. I have started a separate thread on this but am not getting any participation. I am rebuilding a 700 gallon tank. It was very poorly done originally but could be and will be unreal when I am thru with it. I will post the link below so that I don't have to redo everything. My question to you is this. I know that all of the dream box sizes are preprogrammed into the CNC machine and any changes have to be reprogrammed and I already know that the room I have existing will not accommodate any current dream box size, especially one fit for a tank of this volume. On saying that, I meet with the carpenter today as I am ripping the current tank out, having a new tank custom made and the wood work completely redone. I am going to request more room below. I will have to see what he can do. IF... I have to work with the existing dimensions or just still not enough for an existing size, can a dream box be custom designed to fit the area I have to work with including a large refugium. I intend to use the Triton method with this setup and teach the house manager how to run the tank and I will be on call. I have always wanted to say price is no object and I won't say it now because I am uncomfortable throwing other peoples money around and he is a friend, but my budget is very large and it is at my discretion what to spend it on. Can it be done? Take a look at the link below. We can move this conversation over there but I hope we have a new dream box owner here. Also, the rest of you, chime in on this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2550241

Last edited by Shredded; 03/02/2016 at 08:53 AM.
Unread 03/02/2016, 08:51 AM   #111
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

The "something big is in the works" better not be a brand new dreambox design! Haha I'll blow up for sure on here if that happens

Unread 03/02/2016, 10:56 AM   #112
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
OK, group hug everybody!!
Hi Scott and Marco! So, I am still a still few months away of getting mine set up but, an opportunity has fallen into my lap in the mean time. I have started a separate thread on this but am not getting any participation. I am rebuilding a 700 gallon tank. It was very poorly done originally but could be and will be unreal when I am thru with it. I will post the link below so that I don't have to redo everything. My question to you is this. I know that all of the dream box sizes are preprogrammed into the CNC machine and any changes have to be reprogrammed and I already know that the room I have existing will not accommodate any current dream box size, especially one fit for a tank of this volume. On saying that, I meet with the carpenter today as I am ripping the current tank out, having a new tank custom made and the wood work completely redone. I am going to request more room below. I will have to see what he can do. IF... I have to work with the existing dimensions or just still not enough for an existing size, can a dream box be custom designed to fit the area I have to work with including a large refugium. I intend to use the Triton method with this setup and teach the house manager how to run the tank and I will be on call. I have always wanted to say price is no object and I won't say it now because I am uncomfortable throwing other peoples money around and he is a friend, but my budget is very large and it is at my discretion what to spend it on. Can it be done? Take a look at the link below. We can move this conversation over there but I hope we have a new dream box owner here. Also, the rest of you, chime in on this.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/sh....php?t=2550241
Due to the cad work involved in the sump design and the CNC machining that is used to cut the sump material, they don't offer custom sized Dreamboxes. At least not at this point.

Once you have the max available space nailed down, we can see what will work best in that space. There are separate dream box refugiums but you have to get creative in plumbing them into existing dream boxes. That said, what might be feasible would be having a main dreambox that the system drains into. This would house the socks, protein skimmer and media reactors. Then a second smaller dream box that is essentially a gutted dream box that functions as the refugium and hosts the return section. The two boxes would connected together via bulkheads and unions. While my sumps are not dreamboxes, this is how I laid mine out in order to fit them through existing doors below my tank. The main sump in my case is 40"x36" and the refugium with return section is 36"x30". If you take a look at my build thread you can see them there. The sumps are shown in the fist few pages I think.

In the mean time, I will review that thread of yours.

Unread 03/02/2016, 10:57 AM   #113
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
The "something big is in the works" better not be a brand new dreambox design! Haha I'll blow up for sure on here if that happens
No no no.. Nothing like that. The only hint I will give is that it's growth related.

Unread 03/02/2016, 12:45 PM   #114
Shredded
Registered Member

Will you tell us if we guess?

Unread 03/02/2016, 12:49 PM   #115
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Calcium reactor is my guess

Unread 03/02/2016, 12:54 PM   #116
Shredded
Registered Member

No, I'm guessing that they are going to expand production facilities to the US Florida facility. It is what I would do.

Unread 03/06/2016, 08:02 PM   #117
danrobberg
Registered Member

Give us a better hint. Coral growth or company growth lol

danrobberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/07/2016, 10:48 PM   #118
ArmanS
Registered Member

If they started making these here stateside to make shipping around 500$ a system, tons of people would be ordering these Including me!

Unread 03/08/2016, 01:37 PM   #119
danrobberg
Registered Member

I think klaus does all the final welding on the Dreamboxes so not sure he would trust sourcing that out. It would make sense though since the shipping for mine was almost a grand. If they can get that shipping down significantly that should boost sales in the us.

Unread 03/08/2016, 01:50 PM   #120
Shredded
Registered Member

Yes, he does but I'd bet it's got more to do with government regulations then anything. And you all suck... my shipping was 2200.00. I don't wanna hear any more whining about shipping. I could have bought mine a first class seat on a passenger jet. Well it was worth it. I am looking for a sump on this rebuild and there is just nothing like them out there.

Unread 03/08/2016, 08:22 PM   #121
ClownsRCoo
Registered Member

Got word it's finally shipping Thursday... It's starting to get real

Unread 03/08/2016, 09:42 PM   #122
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Quote:
Will you tell us if we guess?
Quote:
Calcium reactor is my guess
Quote:
No, I'm guessing that they are going to expand production facilities to the US Florida facility. It is what I would do.
Quote:
Originally Posted by danrobberg View Post
Give us a better hint. Coral growth or company growth lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by ArmanS View Post
If they started making these here stateside to make shipping around 500$ a system, tons of people would be ordering these Including me!
Quote:
I think klaus does all the final welding on the Dreamboxes so not sure he would trust sourcing that out. It would make sense though since the shipping for mine was almost a grand. If they can get that shipping down significantly that should boost sales in the us.
OK... I guess I can let one cat out of the bag since it was just posted on the Royal Exclusiv Germany Facebook page.. A new facility in Germany is in the works that is much larger with the plans of setting up the new manufacturing facility sometime between now and summer. The end result will be a larger production line with improved turn around on things like Dreamboxes as well as increased production on skimmers and pumps. That will also have a trickle down effect to inventory in the US.

At some point in the not so distant future, there is also plans to stock some Dreamboxes here in the US. While it would be nice to build them here, as noted above, Klaus is the master welder when it comes to these Dreamboxes and building them out here while maintaining the kind of quality that comes with a Dreambox would require Klaus to fly out here every month. Shipping them here in containers is the next best thing, at least in the very near term. The increased production line is needed in order to keep up with demand while also keeping build times as short as humanly possible and it will allow Dream Boxes to be built for stock on hand inventory.

As I mentioned previously, 3 new employees were added in the last 60 days or so and they are getting up to speed in a hurry. This is long overdue and the new hires are already making a positive difference.

This is from the Royal Exclusiv factory Facebook page..

"Under the prevailing circumstances we have to inform that Royal Exclusiv is growing and growing. We are looking forward to move to a new facility after signing the contract. Right now we have hired 3 new colleagues to support our Team. Thanks for all your loyalty and credit you, our customers and dealers spend to us, all over the world!

We are really happy to bring your projects to success. Sincerely Your RE-Team"
https://www.facebook.com/12780933390...type=3&theater

Last edited by slief; 03/08/2016 at 10:02 PM.
Unread 03/08/2016, 09:59 PM   #123
danrobberg
Registered Member

That's great. I like the fact that the owner of the company still is hands on with every single dreambox. I also think getting some Dreamboxes in stock stateside will be great. Although I bet they get bought up pretty fast.

Scott, any word on when and where I can order some new socks?

Unread 03/08/2016, 10:14 PM   #124
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
That's great. I like the fact that the owner of the company still is hands on with every single dreambox. I also think getting some Dreamboxes in stock stateside will be great. Although I bet they get bought up pretty fast.

We will have some socks come in the container shipment due in mid-end of this month.

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2016, 10:15 PM   #125
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:

Socks are in the container shipment that's due to hit Miami next week. Once it clears customs, and they get delivered, they will be available on our site while they last. We expect the container to be delivered in the next 2 weeks.