Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Royal Exclusiv / Bubble King
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/18/2018, 03:11 AM   #1
jcsquared
Registered Member

Which return pump for Red Sea Reefer 750xxl

Like the title which royal exclusive return pump should I use? Currently running a reef octopus varios 8 2,700 gph so would like atleast that if not better have a manifold running 2 reactors and a uv sterilizer. Was thinking of going ecotech vectra L1 but want to go with the best and most reliable, royal exclusiv or abyzz?? My reef octopus is 3 months old and the power brick failed do not want to deal or have concern of constant failures. Thank you for your input.

jcsquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 07:42 AM   #2
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Hello,

While a bit larger than your current pump, the Red Dragon 3 - 150w pump would be a great choice, and is fully adjustable to tune the flow to where your system is optimized.
The pump also has 0-10v inputs, with cables available for both GHL and Neptune pinouts.

http://royalexclusiv.com/Flow-Pumps/...tion::857.html

The RD3 pumps, especially the big block versions (150w/230w) are some if not the most reliable DC pump on the market, in both the flow and price category.

Please don't hesitate to reach out for further questions.
-Marco

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 08:37 AM   #3
jcsquared
Registered Member

Marco thank you for your quick reply. How quiet are these pumps as my current reef octopus is almost dead silent? Also am I able to purchase this pump in fort Myers as I am flying there Friday?

Unread 04/18/2018, 09:03 AM   #4
ReefClownMIA
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcsquared View Post
Marco thank you for your quick reply. How quiet are these pumps as my current reef octopus is almost dead silent? Also am I able to purchase this pump in fort Myers as I am flying there Friday?
These are incredibly quiet, the pump head is machined out of solid PVC to reduce water flow noise. Most folks' reactions are wondering if the pump is running, and if it wasn't for the visual water flow, you'd think it's off.

We do have them in Fort Myers, you're more than welcome to pickup at the Showroom/warehouse, we're out in Gateway. Just make sure to give a heads-up, or schedule as we're usually not in the warehouse on friday/weekend.

-Marco

Current Tank Info: RS Reefer 450
ReefClownMIA is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 09:15 AM   #5
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
They are the quietest pumps I've ever run. I have two of the RD3 230's on my system which use the same motor as the RD3 150 and the same but lower wattage version of controller. When I got my first one almost 3 years ago, I swapped a Superdart gold out that was on my closed loop. When I first fired the RD3 230 up, my heart sank. It was dead silent and no vibration to indicate it was running which lead me to think I had a dead pump. For a brief moment, I was actually ****ed. My closed loop dumps out under my rocks so it wasn't until I really looked closely and saw some sand getting blasted out of one area (I'm mostly bare bottom) that I realized the pump was fine and it was just a lot more quiet than I was expecting. Needless to say, I was sold. I ended up getting a second one for my return. That was nearly 3 years ago and they haven't skipped a beat! I can honestly say these are about the best pumps I have ever run and I've had a lot of pumps over the last 30 years!

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/18/2018, 06:55 PM   #6
jcsquared
Registered Member

Ok great what is the cost on the pump you recommend? Can I pick it up in ft Myers on Friday or are you closed? Do you have the apex network cable in stock? And specials or sales coming up soon? Thank you for all of the information

Unread 04/18/2018, 06:57 PM   #7
jcsquared
Registered Member

Also what are the dimensions of the pump.

Unread 04/18/2018, 08:59 PM   #8
slief
RC Sponsor

Quote:
Ok great what is the cost on the pump you recommend? Can I pick it up in ft Myers on Friday or are you closed? Do you have the apex network cable in stock? And specials or sales coming up soon? Thank you for all of the information
Here is the info on the pump. Dimensions are in there as well. You can order it online and select store pickup. I am pretty sure we have some in stock but I am on the west coast. Feel free to PM me your email and I will ping the team in Ft. Myers.

https://royalexclusiv.com/Flow-Pumps...tion::857.html

Current Tank Info: 480G display mixed reef, 90G sump, 90G refugium, 60G display refugium. Check out my build thread: http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1783476
slief is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/20/2018, 11:10 AM   #9
stpauli914
Registered Member

I can attest to the silence as well as the build quality of the Red Dragon pumps. I am currently running 4 different Red Dragons in 4 different applications and all are silent. My latest additions were the RD3 80W and a new RD5 ECO. I also run a Bubble King Mini 160 skimmer as well as an older Bubble King Alpha 200 and both perform amazingly with the Red Dragon pumps. Only problem with Royal Exclusiv is that once you buy one of their product you will want to replace everything else you have with Royal Exclusiv. The quality, craftsmanship, and performance are just THAT GOOD.
Mic Drop******

Aaron

Current Tank Info: 240 Gallon Mixed Reef Miracles Custom 72x30x25 Starfire, COR20 RD3 80W, BK Alpha 200, MP40QD's, Radion G4 Pros * 80 Gallon Deep Blue Rimless SPS Dominant 48x24x16 Starfire, RD5 ECO, BK Mini 160, MP40QD's, Radion Gen4 Pros* Apex Controlled
stpauli914 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/22/2018, 01:30 PM   #10
Klaus Jansen
RC Sponsor

Thanks Aaron for you're friendly Statement

best regards from Germany

Klaus Jansen is offline   Reply With Quote