Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Reef Fishes
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/26/2018, 11:01 AM   #1
timbo227
Registered Member

Compatible? Lubbock's Fairy + Pygmy Wrasse in a 30 gal

I have a 30 gal biocube with a good amount of rock, corals, and crevices. I know both Lubbock's and pygmy wrasses are pretty chill as far wrasses go. Do you think this combo would work?

I currently have a lubbock's wrasse, tailspot blenny, hi fin goby, candy pistol shrimp, porcelain anemone crabs, sexy shrimp, an acro crab, and clean up crew. Everybody gets along just fine, with some occasional posturing and false charges from the wrasse to the tailspot during feeding.

Thinking about adding either Pygmy Possum, or Tanakai Pygmy wrasse, or a Yellow Stripe Clingfish/goby, and a Yellow Clown Goby.

timbo227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2018, 12:31 PM   #2
suta4242
Registered Member

Haven't kept lubbocks, but have plenty of experience with wetmorellas and some with yellow striped clingfish.

Fwiw, the clingfish is hard to keep as it's a selective, relatively slow, feeder.

Neither will tolerate being chased around or intimidated by other fish, not sure how the wrasse will behave around them - especially in a 30 gallon tank???

Hope that helps and good luck with whatever you decide to do.

suta4242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/26/2018, 01:26 PM   #3
nereefpat
Registered Member

Not sure about a Lubbock's in a 30 gallon tank.

I haven't kept one. They do get over 3" and LA recommends a 50 gallon as a minimum.

Current Tank Info: 125 in-wall , 40b sump. 6 bulb T5. ASM G2 skimmer. LPS and leathers
nereefpat is offline   Reply With Quote