Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 11/05/2011, 12:21 PM   #201
maxxII
Super Housemonkey!

Minh,
Have you changed the diet of your clowns at all?

Are yours wild caught or Rods or what?

Nick

Unread 11/05/2011, 12:34 PM   #202
OrionN
Moved on

These are Rod's Onyx. The food and tank additive and maintances are all the same.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 11/06/2011, 09:26 AM   #203
maxxII
Super Housemonkey!

Started a thread here:

H.magnifica health & melanism in Percs?

Be interesting to see what comes of it.

Nick

Unread 11/06/2011, 01:27 PM   #204
OrionN
Moved on

I am interested also and have expressed my believe on that thread. Will follow the discussion there. Thanks

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
Unread 07/22/2012, 08:49 AM   #205
OrionN
Moved on

Just to let everybody know. RC upgrade cause a problem. I was going back and read some of this thread. The orders of the posts seem to be really wacky. They are all mixed up all mixed up

Unread 07/22/2012, 10:43 AM   #206
maxxII
Super Housemonkey!

Well,
The only obvious thing to do is to give us an update on things and post pics...

Nick

Unread 07/22/2012, 11:31 AM   #207
OrionN
Moved on

:-(
Due to my greed, I added a third Magnifica into my thriving tank. The third Magnifica was very beautiful, Red base with bright florescent purple tip, but unfortunately sick. It died and my two healthy anemones caught the same illness and died as well. That was a while ago. I was depressed to say the least and just put everything on autopilot. Clean up that tank, and have not doing much other than feed the fish and change water.
Nothing new to added. Still have my two Haddoni one blue and one yellowish brown. Go two H. malu. My clowfish-es, Clams, Tapetum carpets and various SPS in various tanks. Nothing new for the last 10-20 months.

Unread 07/22/2012, 01:53 PM   #208
flakey
Registered Member

i'm so jealous, your mags look amazing, i've not had any sucess with mags but hope to have a nice healthy mag one day...

flakey is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2012, 07:06 AM   #209
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

OrionN... Any updates... Got to be something...

Any new pics?

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2012, 07:45 AM   #210
OrionN
Moved on

When Reefcentral server got upgraded this thread got all mixed up.

My two anemone was doing great in a 100 g cube then I got greedy ad added a thirdMagnifica fresh without quarantine into the tank. It was a particularly beautiful anemone, with colorful column and hot pink tentacle tips. I appears healthy at the LFS. It was so beautiful that I added it into my tank without quarantine because I don't have a quarantine tank in place (against my inner better judgment). This prove to be very costly to me. This anemone died after two weeks and my other two Magnifica's follow within two weeks.

It was a rough lesson to learn for me. This is lesson even worst because this happened to me before. What I learn is to 100% quarantine anemones no mater how healthy it look at the LFS or how special the anemone is. If I don't have quarantine set up, then I am meant not to have it. It is as simple as that.

I have a 30 cube tank set up all the time for quarantine for either Magnifica or Gigantea at this time.

Unread 09/11/2012, 08:15 AM   #211
worm5406
Not afriad to admit wrong

Ahhh I see... thought maybe there was something new or updated you had after that issue.

Sorry.

Current Tank Info: Tank:300g Mixed Reef 300+lb LR|4" LS|5x MP40W|75g fuge|5x RadionPRO|RO DB250 skimmer|Apex
worm5406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/11/2012, 10:04 AM   #212
OrionN
Moved on

When Reefcentral server got upgraded this thread got all mixed up.

My two anemone was doing great in a 100 g cube then I got greedy ad added a thirdMagnifica fresh without quarantine into the tank. It was a particularly beautiful anemone, with colorful column and hot pink tentacle tips. I appears healthy at the LFS. It was so beautiful that I added it into my tank without quarantine because I don't have a quarantine tank in place (against my inner better judgment). This prove to be very costly to me. This anemone died after two weeks and my other two Magnifica's follow within two weeks.

It was a rough lesson to learn for me. This is lesson even worst because this happened to me before. What I learn is to 100% quarantine anemones no mater how healthy it look at the LFS or how special the anemone is. If I don't have quarantine set up, then I am meant not to have it. It is as simple as that.

I have a 30 cube tank set up all the time for quarantine for either Magnifica or Gigantea at this time.

Unread 07/10/2014, 09:38 AM   #213
OrionN
Moved on

Magnifica Purple with yellow tip. Had this guys for quite a while. I thought I add picture of him on this treat. He is my only magnifica at this time.He is in a 320 gal tank with several other Gigantea and Haddoni.

3/20/2014

4/14/2014

7/10/2014

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magnifica2014041401.jpg (106.8 KB, 160 views)
File Type: jpg Magnifica2014071001.jpg (104.9 KB, 161 views)
File Type: jpg Magnifica2014032001.jpg (88.3 KB, 170 views)

Unread 07/10/2014, 09:56 AM   #214
Reefahholic
Moved On

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
Magnifica Purple with yellow tip. Had this guys for quite a while. I thought I add picture of him on this treat. He is my only magnifica at this time.He is in a 320 gal tank with several other Gigantea and Haddoni.

3/20/2014

4/14/2014

7/10/2014

He is nice!

Reefahholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/21/2018, 04:39 PM   #215
OrionN
Moved on

Update on this old thread.
My current Magnifica. Purpletip Magnifica, along with my Purple Gigantea

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Purple Magnifica and Gigantea.jpg (96.6 KB, 110 views)

Unread 07/21/2018, 04:44 PM   #216
OrionN
Moved on

My other Magnifica, which I have had for many years. This is the smaller of the two frags. The other frag is in the back ground.

Same anemone here back in 2014

Attached Images
File Type: jpg Magnifica Lavender base.jpg (79.5 KB, 110 views)

Unread 07/22/2018, 06:44 AM   #217
Gary Majchrzak
Team RC Member

Beautiful!

Nice work, buddy!

Current Tank Info: 84x24x30 265g reef past TOTM honors
Gary Majchrzak is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2018, 10:13 AM   #218
traveller7
Time to get back in?

Beautifully done Minh.

Nice to see you Gary

Current Tank Info: Glass 2.5's
traveller7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/22/2018, 03:33 PM   #219
BonsaiNut
Premium Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrionN View Post
My other Magnifica, which I have had for many years. This is the smaller of the two frags. The other frag is in the back ground.
I always enjoy your threads! So nice to see a 10 year success story!