Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 10/18/2017, 09:23 PM   #1
Tiwo
Registered Member

Exclamation Help with clownfish

So ive recently noticed after every time i feed one of my clown fish seems to get "fat" but by the next day everything is fine. I first thought that it had eggs so i asked a friend but he said it is to young to have eggs and that it is either bloated or something is really wrong. I've had the tank set up for about 2 months and i got the clown when it was about 1.5inch.

I have recently got a goby and shrimp pair (the shrimp disappeared but that is beside the point) and i have another clown but it does not get "fat". I have to feed quite a bit because if i dont then she(its the female of the pair) will hog all the food and the goby/other clownfish wont get to eat.

Here are some pics just after it ate

Tiwo is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2017, 01:20 AM   #2
RedGabino
Registered Member

I think he can have parasites. I had the same problem a while ago. I put the fish in a Q tank and dose metronidazole for 2 weeks. Problem Solve.

Enviado desde mi BLN-L24 mediante Tapatalk

RedGabino is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
clownfish