Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Avast Marine Works
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/03/2012, 04:45 PM   #1
rwsunrx
Premium Member

Smile Love, Love, Love my Swabbie

Just wanted to throw in my 2 cents: I've now had a Swabbie on my Bubble Magus for 16 months, and I couldn't be happier with the performance. I prefer to skim on the wet side, so that definitely helps minimize my need to manually clean the whole unit.

I acutally have a PVC floor drain connected to my household plumbing installed right in my sump cabinet (complete with proper P trap and vent). And I use a Bubble Magus with a drain port on the collection cup with a tube that drains right into this sump cabinet floor drain. I also route the output waste water from my RO unit into this same floor drain, so this extra water eliminates any smell that would normally be caused by the skimmer waste. My description here, may sound a bit convoluted, but it's actually a simple and very useful setup. Only hard part was the initial planning and installation of the small PVC floor drain in my sump cabinet and tying that into my house plumbing. My Swabbie has been a huge time saver!

rwsunrx is offline   Reply With Quote