Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > New to the Hobby
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 07/20/2017, 06:36 AM   #126
paulojbsilva
Registered Member

Ok...long time without updates, going to resume a bit. Figured out my tank problem. Faulty hydrometer, salinity sky high, only fish and some inverts survived. Problem solved, head against the wall several times, old rock removed, new rock in, corals in, more cuc in, everything happy (took 2 weeks to do this). Hope everything get more stable with time, but went from totally disappointed to ansious to get my tank more stable.

Enviado do meu iPhone usando o Tapatalk

paulojbsilva is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 07/28/2017, 08:47 AM   #127
paulojbsilva
Registered Member

Hey everybody!
My tank is getting somewhere, and this time seems like the good direction. Got pods all over the place, ofiurus crawling everywhere (one is about 15cm, but never comes out totally from a dead coral skeleton.
Now for my questions. On that same coral skeleton there are a few more inhabitants. I think it's a pistol shrimp. I lured him out today but he is faster than my iPhone, so I only got a crappy photo.

I can listen to some clacking noises after feeding the fishes and that's when he comes out. Until now, no harm done to anything, not even the ofiuru that lives with him. At night I can see 3 very little shrimps roaming around the cave entrance...
Is this something I should be worried about?

The other question is about the chemical values...
The pH is on 7,8 and alkalinity is at 6,7dkh. On the other hand Calcium is at 500 and Magnesium is at 1500. Could this 2 be precipitating the Alk? Will Kalkwasser help me with this or should I start 2 part dosing?
Even so, everything looks healthy and alive!

Unread 08/01/2017, 08:26 AM   #128
paulojbsilva
Registered Member