Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/20/2020, 01:42 PM   #1
Reef This
Premium Member

Mind blowing conclusion to my RMA.

I really cannot express my frustration.

Neptune determined that a DOS pump, on a shelf, about 10 feet away that has NEVER been wet in 8 months since I purchased the unit was water damaged and refused to honor the warranty.

I really cannot tell you as a long time buyer of Neptune products, how absolutely disappointed in this I am. That unit had NEVER been wet. It doses 2 part. Nothing else. It isn't near a sink, or even a tank or sump. It's on the other side of the wall! IT ISN'T EVEN IN THE SAME ROOM AS THE TANK OR SUMP.

I'm beyond words ****ed off. If I damaged it, just like anything else in this hobby, I have no issue eating the cost and buying another.. But this had nothing to do with me, that unit failed on it's own.

Unread 01/23/2020, 02:59 AM   #2
tomreefer
Registered Member

Sorry for that and it sucks. However, there is a moisture sticker I am guessing inside. The thing is it really don't need to get wet per say to get water damage. If your room gets humid than cold it will get moisture just saying. Only way not to get moisture in electronics is have a dehumidifier running at certain humid point. Example cell phone I know someone that never dropped phone in water but takes phone in shower the humidity will cause the unit to show moisture.

tomreefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/24/2020, 09:53 PM   #3
Reef This
Premium Member

I'll just break this down, simply.

I have 3 DOS units - they are all in the same utility room between my tank and the garage. 2 are over a year and a half old. There is no water in the room other than bottles of 2 part and various other supplements.

1 DOS does ATO. Works great.
1 DOS does water changes. Works great.
1 DOS dosed 2 part.

ALL the containers of water are in the garage which is where the DOS's pull their water, and where the water change device sends waste water.

Now, I'll absolutely agree with what you said, and I have considered the fact, however in this case I unequivocally disagree. I'm not unreasonable or impossible - I consider myself fairly logical. And logic in this case says, that in an air conditioned room, that does not contain any substantial amount of water, with 2 other DOS units that continue to work flawlessly..

BTW, I can send them pictures to back ALL of this up - but logic tells me water did NOT ruin that unit. They just don't want to replace it. Way to stand behind a $300 product.

Unread 01/31/2020, 01:27 AM   #4
laverda
Registered Member

My feeling is they know many people use these under their stands and should be designed for that environment. It is unblievable they are not especially for the premium price they sell them for! Just another example why I will not buy any more Neptune products. I used to be a huge Neptune fan, not any more.
I would try filing a complaint consumer protection agency and post it in every forum and in product reviews on sites like BRS. If you bought it with a credit card they might cover it if they offer that. Also complain to the vendor that sold it to you. Good luck!

Current Tank Info: 300g mixed reef, 50g cube
laverda is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/31/2020, 08:48 PM   #5
Reef This
Premium Member

At this point, I'm not even interested in another one. I've emailed back and forth a few times with them, and they aren't interested in even telling me how they determined the pump got wet. I replaced my DOS with Versa pumps already - at some point I will replace my other 2 DOS with a base station.

Unread 02/03/2020, 10:55 PM   #6
Sisterlimonpot
R.C. Fraternity President

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reef This View Post
At this point, I'm not even interested in another one. I've emailed back and forth a few times with them, and they aren't interested in even telling me how they determined the pump got wet. I replaced my DOS with Versa pumps already - at some point I will replace my other 2 DOS with a base station.
You'll be happy with how quiet the versa's are. especially coming from a DOS you're going to appreciate it even more.

Dishes are done man!

Current Tank Info: 300 in progress
Sisterlimonpot is offline   Reply With Quote