Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Reef Discussion
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/24/2012, 03:52 PM   #1
Fin Mike
Registered Member

Way to much, now what?

I have several species of corals (GSP, Buttons, Yellow polyps) that I must thin out. I can take them to the LFS, but I'm not sure how sales worthy some of these specimens are. They're not ugly by any means, but probably not something you would buy. Either way, I have to do a serious thinning of the herd. If my LFS won't take them, and my buddy's wife is unwilling to kill them in her tank, what should I do. I'm conflicted. I just don't want to kill them, but they gotta go. So, what now?

Current Tank Info: 120 reef
Fin Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 03:59 PM   #2
Misled
RC Mod

I don't know what river your van is on, but just offer them on a local forum. People suck up free stuff. Just ask for rock to replace the rock the stuff is on.

Unread 08/24/2012, 07:07 PM   #3
Khemul
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fin Mike View Post
I can take them to the LFS, but I'm not sure how sales worthy some of these specimens are.
If the LFS's near you are anything like the ones around here, everything is sales worthy. Well, maybe not Aiptasia. But everything else is sales worthy.

As long as they aren't already stocked up on the corals, they should be perfectly happy to work out a deal.

The exact reasons people here may not consider those worth buying are exactly why other people will buy them.

Khemul is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2012, 07:55 PM   #4
Mouse
UnRegistered Member

+1 on both above
Offer to locals, trade for whatever
Ask the LFS before you bring them in, I use to get credit at the store for GSP (They would frag them smaller than I brought in and still have them sold in short order)

Current Tank Info: 125g > < this close to being set up
Mouse is offline   Reply With Quote