Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > More Forums > Reef Club Forums > NorthEast Region-Reef Club Forums > Southern Tier Reef Society
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/03/2010, 07:11 AM   #1
Newreeflady
Registered Member

Wanted: Critter starter donations/ trades

Hi guys,

I set up my new system: 56g column tank I have taken some rock and sand from my existing 20g, but I would really love to add some diversity as I'm trying to get a healthy dsb going. It'd be great to get some more spaghetti worms, stomatella, copepods, etc. I've considered buying a kit, but it's costly and it'd be great if someone could help me out.

Anyone willing to donate a handful of sand or rubble with some good life present? I could give up some sand, live rock and/or rubble from my 20g. I also have a good bit of dry base rock on hand if you prefer. Elmira area would be ideal for pickup. I'm in Ithaca and could make it out this weekend. Prefer not to drive more than 1 hour. I could def make it to the trade this weekend, too. That would probably be cool to hit anyhow

Thanks so much!

Angela

A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor’s cup to the brim, and then kept pouring. The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. “It’s overfull! No more will go in!” the professor blurted. “You are like this cup,” the master replied, “How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup.”

Current Tank Info: 56g, 20g.
Newreeflady is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2010, 09:59 AM   #2
Piazzon12
Registered Member

If only you asked last night... I just sucked out my remaining sand and it's now buffering my back lawn

Unread 08/03/2010, 12:39 PM   #3
Newreeflady
Registered Member

haha! No worries, thanks, though, for the thought

-Angela

A university professor went to visit a famous Zen master. While the master quietly served tea, the professor talked about Zen. The master poured the visitor’s cup to the brim, and then kept pouring. The professor watched the overflowing cup until he could no longer restrain himself. “It’s overfull! No more will go in!” the professor blurted. “You are like this cup,” the master replied, “How can I show you Zen unless you first empty your cup.”

Unread 08/03/2010, 01:52 PM   #4
sedorusc
Registered Member

you could have some of the sand from my 30 but I'm out by skaneatles. setting up my 90 right now. lmk

Current Tank Info: 10 gallon, ac70 fuge with nano-glo, 6 rb & 6 cw cree leds, 2x koralia nano
sedorusc is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2010, 04:46 PM   #5
Neoz
Registered Member

I have a ton of rock and sand from my tear down this weekend. I probably have 100lbs of Live Marco Rock all sizes. Also have about 50 lbs of sand.... Let me know..

Live to Learn

Current Tank Info: Red Sea Reefer 450 - currently in storage.
Neoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/03/2010, 06:29 PM   #6
Newreeflady
Registered Member

Thanks guys!