Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/31/2012, 08:05 PM   #1
bjensen1253
Registered Member

is my clown fish dying?! :(

Saw him today snuggled up behind the BTA, laying on his side like he was asleep later he moved and was laying on a rock. It looks like he was breathing pretty hard so i scooped him up in my hand and set him inside my pineapple (yes like spongebob). i have 2 reg clowns and 2 blacks dont remember the real names... <--- noob i saw the black clowns getting semi aggressive towards the orange/white ones. Everything checks out ok as far as water goes. is it possible he got stung by the RBTA? they just recently started hosting in the nems.

bjensen1253 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2012, 08:12 PM   #2
Andrew
Registered Member

Wait you have 4 clowns in your tank? That's your problem right there. Clownfish are aggressive towards each other and will kill each other until there are only two left in the tank. They are very territorial towards each other.

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2012, 08:14 PM   #3
NYCBOB
Registered Member

4 clownfish in the same tank is crazy until u have a huge system.

NYCBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/31/2012, 08:42 PM   #4
bjensen1253
Registered Member

well, they have been playing nice sense i got them, until they started hosting. they did all sleep in the same nem for a long time. they also all swam together and never saw them fight for food or anything

Unread 03/31/2012, 10:12 PM   #5
bjensen1253
Registered Member

** update **

just went and check on him after the lights went out he was laying down and appeared to be sleeping, he wasnt breathing as hard as before. maybe he needs some Blood pressure meds

Unread 04/01/2012, 06:30 AM   #6
Andrew
Registered Member

Good luck with them but if I was you I would be taking two back. How big is your tank?

Andrew is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/01/2012, 07:21 AM   #7
bjensen1253
Registered Member

** update ** woke up this morning and my tank is crashing, the one clown is dead, i also have a dead flame angle and a dead goby... trying to get ahold of the owner of the LFS to get the rest of my stuff out of my tank before it dies too. all my water level went threw the roof last night when i went to bed

Unread 04/02/2012, 01:26 AM   #8
fhwynn
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjensen1253 View Post
** update ** woke up this morning and my tank is crashing, the one clown is dead, i also have a dead flame angle and a dead goby... trying to get ahold of the owner of the LFS to get the rest of my stuff out of my tank before it dies too. all my water level went threw the roof last night when i went to bed
gg what happened? one night and everything went poof O_O

fhwynn is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/02/2012, 08:57 PM   #9
bjensen1253
Registered Member

another update, yes in 1 night everything went poof, luckly a local reefer came buy and grab all my corals that were alive and the 4 fish i had alive.... when i was gathering up my corals i noticed my GBTA was missing.. then when i unstacked some of my rocks back by my powerhead i found large shredded chunks of him. looks like he floating to the wrong place and got destroyed.. that explains my tank exploding over night

"BTW this was no small GBTA when he was opened he was about 8" in diameter"