Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Neptune Systems
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/08/2018, 05:26 PM   #1
zaireguy
Registered Member

Any update on the trident

Any update on the release of the trident..i know alot of people are going in other directions. I am trying to hold out

my wife and I have come to a new understanding! I don`t ask and she doesn`t have to say no anymore

Current Tank Info: 300 gallon main tank,70 Gallon sump,70 gallon remote sump, reef octopus 300- 12 inch skimmer, skimz Biopellet reactor
zaireguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/13/2018, 09:27 AM   #2
wowzer
Registered Member

At macna they said its coming out.....no date and nsi hasn't begun testing. i bet at least 2019 1st quarter. But tomorrow they could announce it for sale next week!

wowzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/17/2018, 01:40 PM   #3
Ostentum
Registered Member

My understanding is that they were not happy with the pump that was in the trident and they went another direction with the pump. They are currently testing before they mass produce it. I would bet 1st quarter of 2019 also but I am thinking of going other directions also. Since I would need to buy a DOS, the 2016 unit and the trident by the time I get up in that price range I might as well just buy an alkatronic and test my own calcium and mag since in my experience I very very rarely need to adjust the calcium and mag. Its always adjustments for alk, and even then I can just test those other two once a month.

Ostentum is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/23/2018, 04:51 PM   #4
zaireguy
Registered Member

Even a hint would be nice really starting to look at a few others

my wife and I have come to a new understanding! I don`t ask and she doesn`t have to say no anymore

Current Tank Info: 300 gallon main tank,70 Gallon sump,70 gallon remote sump, reef octopus 300- 12 inch skimmer, skimz Biopellet reactor
Unread 09/23/2018, 06:37 PM   #5
TheCamaroShow
Registered Member

I agree its time to get it moving I'm tired of waiting and they are gonna want more then the $600 they originally said if they put a better pump in it.

TheCamaroShow is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/11/2018, 09:13 PM   #6
zaireguy
Registered Member

Rumor the reefbot is going to be released in nov

Unread 10/22/2018, 12:53 PM   #7
Chitownpw
Registered Member

I talked to a Neptune guy at a recent event. Apparently, they are having trouble getting consistency with the Trident and third party dosing pumps re calibration and ensuring it doesn’t overdose. He stated further that they may release it in the 4th Q of this year as just an auto tester with no functionality between it and dosing pumps. That functionality may come at a later date; however, if it does come, it will first be just with their proprietary pump - Dos. At least that is what I took from the conversation.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Chitownpw is offline   Reply With Quote