Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 02/28/2020, 11:18 AM   #1
CTaylor
Registered Member

best positioning for 2 of Tunze 3 in a 4 foot wide tank

Hi Roger

What do you think is the best place to put and position 2 of the Tunze 3 in my 110 gallon? It is 4 foot wide, 2foot front to back, and 22 inches tall It has rock up to about 1/2-2/3 up the tank. The way I have them now is diagnol oriented. With a deflector on both. The defletor points up to the surface. I'm finding I get good flow on the bottom and top but not in the middle so much.

I see videos on youtube of tunze 3, and they get flow all over. Some are just using one pump. One from what I can tell has the pump vertical, and the flow pointed at an angle to the very wall the pump is secured to, almost pointed backward on that glass.

I'm trying to get good flow alll over, which maybe a few less flow spots for my LPS.

TY!

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/28/2020, 04:35 PM   #2
rvitko
RC Sponsor

This is how I do it on my tank, I have 2 one above the other centered on the back wall behind the rock, one face left, one faces right, this is a 7ft tank, so 1 may work fine for you and just pick the side to face it based on higher flow corals closest to the outlet side and you may even try closer to one side aimed down the length, the flow will roll around the side to the front. Horizontal is really the best in most cases. Please forgive the algae, I have battled this brown fuzz crap since I upgraded tanks last September and the last of it is on the top pump. I actually had it beat and did something dumb and it came back, (if you wonder the dumb thing was I did a water change and the last of my salt mix got the water to 32.8 and my tank runs at 33 and I made it up with non iodized mortons, this algae likes silicate and mortons has sodium silicate in it)

It isn't accepting my image upload.

"He's for every one of us, stands for every one of us, he'll save every man, woman and child in a mighty Flash!"

Current Tank Info: 210 gallon planted tank with Altum Angelfish
rvitko is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/29/2020, 08:47 AM   #3
CTaylor
Registered Member

TY for that.. I have it similar to that now. Though Im tweeking it b/c I have a ritteri annemone on top of my drain box. The orienation you have gives it very little flow so I'm putting one of the streams in different positions to give the nem more flow. I'll probably end up with one pointed left and the other one on the side of the tank like I had before pointed across the tank, right to left , by the area of the nem. So the other one, on the back hopefully will give more overall flow, and the one on the right wall/end will give flow + more to nem and different flow pattern to the one on the back.

CTaylor is offline   Reply With Quote