Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Tank Journals & Builds
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/13/2017, 09:04 PM   #76
Clowning_Around
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by d0ughb0y View Post
Question, do you hear water splashing sound when water flows into the filter sock?

The reason I ask is I just built one and it makes a loud water splashing sound.

I then checked how it is done on trigger systems sumps and eshopps 3rd gen sumps, and they all come with a cover that completely covers the drain pipes and socks. I can see why that is needed now and just want to know if your experience is the same.

I'll add a cover to my sock holder and see if it helps.

this is a short video, you can hear water splashing sound
I don't have that noise but also my water doesn't fall through the sock but rather it flows through it. Meaning my water level at the outlet side of my socks is high up on the socks themselves, so really theres no opportunity for splashing given muy sumps chamber height.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Custom Oak Stand | 75G FO Display | 40G Breeder Sump | MarinePure Ceramic Media Plate | Eshopps x-120 skimmer | Mag9 Return | Aqua Ultraviolet Advantage 2000+ 15w
Clowning_Around is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 12/29/2017, 04:06 PM   #77
Clowning_Around
Registered Member

Well it's been awhile since I've posted, large in part due to being on hiatus from surgery. But I've wrapped up my build and things seem to be going we'll. I have introduced my first four livestock members. A dartfish and three dwarf angels. All seem to be doing well.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Current Tank Info: Custom Oak Stand | 75G FO Display | 40G Breeder Sump | MarinePure Ceramic Media Plate | Eshopps x-120 skimmer | Mag9 Return | Aqua Ultraviolet Advantage 2000+ 15w
Clowning_Around is offline   Reply With Quote