Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/28/2012, 12:08 AM   #1
pj1298
Registered Member

First time here :D

Hi everyone I'm new here but Ive been on nano reef and fish forums for awhile now. I have 4 freshwater tanks and 2 saltwater tanks all under 20 gallons. I do Plan on getting a 75 gallon this summer for free from one of my old friends. I already have all the equipment from my old 75 gallon. One of the saltwater tanks I have right now is a Biocube 8. The stock lighting just isn't enough for me so I started looking around for retrofits but I could only find ones for the 14 and 29 biocubes. I did find this http://www.ecoxotic.com/catalog/prod...d/category/17/ It's dimensions fit perfectly into the dimensions of the hood but I will need to upgrade and add a few more ballasts. But the main thing I'm worried about is if it's too much light or not enough. Any thoughts?

pj1298 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 05/28/2012, 07:31 AM   #2
1troy7
Registered Member

The unit you linked to is dimmable. You would have way more control with ecoxotic system.

1troy7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/12/2014, 06:31 PM   #3
Luvs501s
Registered Member

not just new to reefkeeping but new to forums

Hey. My name is Dave and I'm pretty much clueless on both reef aquariums and this is the first online community I've ever joined. I have no idea if I'm even doing this right.

Last edited by Luvs501s; 06/12/2014 at 06:33 PM. Reason: confused
Luvs501s is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/15/2014, 01:39 PM   #4
tallball158
Registered Member

Hey Dave and welcome! If you have any questions, you could start a new thread on the "new to the hobby page." On that page at the top are "stickies," and you should read all of them! They all contain vital information and they will get you steered in the right direction!

tallball158 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
biocube 8, lights, new member