Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Special Interest Group (SIG) Forums > Nano Reefs
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/08/2018, 07:27 PM   #1
tmccaffery
Registered Member

Red Sea Owners Important

I have a Red Sea max 170 and just added sump and says to use the Open Grill when upgrade to sump; Good thing I checked if a power failure you will be in trouble with this configuration. The water will go into back of sump area until it goes to open grill area. I would suggest to not use open grill unless someone else can figure how to stop that from happening.

I thought this is important if indeed you get a power failure this would create a flood condition.

tmccaffery is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2018, 09:05 PM   #2
kruxy
Registered Member

Not sure how this would cause a flood? You are using standpipes when you move to a sump method.

kruxy is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/08/2018, 09:36 PM   #3
tmccaffery
Registered Member

Yes I am; When I used open grill flow it goes into sump area of the Max 170 and keeps going I tested it. Not sure if anyone else experienced this. If you lose power the water will siphon all the way to grill part with the open grill. Not sure why this is or am I the only one experiencing this issue? I will call Red Sea tm and see what they have to say.

tmccaffery is offline   Reply With Quote