Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 04/23/2011, 12:55 AM   #1
downhillbiker
Registered Member

Vertex Cerebra

I just heard wind of the Vertex Cerebra coming soon. It is said to be a droid platform controller, with all modules being connected wirelessly. To me this sounds like a dream come true. Time to hide all of those wires and have my controller upstairs and the modules in the basement!

I read the article on Reef Builders, but it seems that there is very, very limited information on this. After searching for a thread, and finding nothing except a couple people mentioning it, I tought I would post here and see if anyone knows anything more about it? I think it will be the best of controllers and DA and AC will have alot of work to do to catch up. Anyone know what the price will be? Let's get this discussion started!

Current Tank Info: 200g Marineland Deep Dimension (Lumenmax Reflectors/Dual PFO 400w/Radium 20K) and 2xFrag Tanks (One TEK T5 fixture and one MH, Galaxy/Phoenix) on same system w/100g sump w/6"x100g DSB, AquaC EV-1000 Skimmer, Reeflo Barracuda return pump
downhillbiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2011, 01:19 AM   #2
downhillbiker
Registered Member

I just found some more info on the unit.

http://www.vertexaquaristik.com/Cere...t%20System.pdf

Current Tank Info: 200g Marineland Deep Dimension (Lumenmax Reflectors/Dual PFO 400w/Radium 20K) and 2xFrag Tanks (One TEK T5 fixture and one MH, Galaxy/Phoenix) on same system w/100g sump w/6"x100g DSB, AquaC EV-1000 Skimmer, Reeflo Barracuda return pump
Unread 04/23/2011, 01:52 AM   #3
evsalty
hmmmmmm

Very interesting. It sounds like it will have many cool factor features but in the end I wonder if many of them will end up as more of just a novilty like the STORM feature on some of these LEDS. It also seems like there will be even more things to break on you and judging by the Vertex LEDS, prices will be very high. It does read nice but it reads EXPENSIVE.

On a side note : The company I work for makes the chip for this. I could very well have a hand in making "YOUR" controller lol.

evsalty is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/23/2011, 06:10 AM   #4
aufo8mycat
Registered Member

I have been told that, they have delivered 20 for betta testing and release is due in june, here is to hoping that there are no delays, as I want this and the libra pro dosing pumps.

Current Tank Info: 220g vertex led, SRO5000, to much to list
aufo8mycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/24/2011, 10:32 PM   #5
downhillbiker
Registered Member

I am not sure about the wireless connection to modules. At first I was told this would be the case, but it doesn't seem to talk about this on any of the data sheets, and this would be something that I would think they would brag about, since it would be a great feature.

For me, wireless connection would be the only reason to buy this controller. To me, having the ability to "mimic a certain environment" is not worth buying a new controller. The RKE and APEX have similar options, but nobody uses them. IMO that is a function that can be nice, but isn't a major selling point. However, wireless modules would be.

Unread 04/24/2011, 11:18 PM   #6
aufo8mycat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by downhillbiker View Post
I am not sure about the wireless connection to modules. At first I was told this would be the case, but it doesn't seem to talk about this on any of the data sheets, and this would be something that I would think they would brag about, since it would be a great feature.

For me, wireless connection would be the only reason to buy this controller. To me, having the ability to "mimic a certain environment" is not worth buying a new controller. The RKE and APEX have similar options, but nobody uses them. IMO that is a function that can be nice, but isn't a major selling point. However, wireless modules would be.
from what i have been told it will comunicate with vertex products eg Illumina, libra pro, if you look at the libra pro data sheets it states that it will be controllable with the cerebra

Unread 04/24/2011, 11:58 PM   #7
downhillbiker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by aufo8mycat View Post
from what i have been told it will comunicate with vertex products eg Illumina, libra pro, if you look at the libra pro data sheets it states that it will be controllable with the cerebra
Does that mean it's wireless? I am unfamiliar with other Vertex products. I want it to be able to connect with power strips wirelessly, so you can have all of the cords hidden under your tank.

Unread 04/25/2011, 04:27 AM   #8
Bryan
Registered Member

I think what vertex is referring to with wireless is the conenction between the unit and a PC, not between the unit and modules.

Current Tank Info: 10g nano reef
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 04/25/2011, 04:54 AM   #9
aufo8mycat
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
I think what vertex is referring to with wireless is the conenction between the unit and a PC, not between the unit and modules.
yeah probably. but i am pretty sure that i read that the libra pro has bluetooth capabilities, as does the cerebra, either way i hope that it is released on time, birthday is coming up and tax return will be about......

Unread 05/03/2011, 02:43 PM   #10
deangelr
Clown Whisperererer

Ive been waiting on that libra doser for months... Scheduled release was supposed to be very early this year.

Unread 05/12/2011, 09:21 AM   #11
downhillbiker
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
Well if this is the case, I definitely will be passing on this one. No reason to "upgrade" from my RKE if it isn't really much of an upgrade, other than cool factor...

Unread 05/12/2011, 09:22 AM   #12
downhillbiker
Registered Member

I say they postpone the release for another year and make the plug modules controllable via wireless. Then it would be something to contend with.

Unread 05/15/2011, 12:15 AM   #13
studentdriver
Registered Member

I'm sure it's gonna be wireless, there existing lumina lighting is already wireless. Any pricing yet?

studentdriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 02/05/2013, 11:08 PM   #14
zack1a
Registered Member

Well, here it is February 2013 and I've yet to see this mythical device. Any updates?
Hopefully the delay was caused by scrapping the lcd screen and substituting a tablet/phone interface. I already own enough screens. Why would I want to pay for another? I'm now in need of a controller and, having just bought the Libra dosing pump, I'd like to stick with Vertex to maintain the projected native interface. However, I'm not sure I can wait a year.

If anyone has any updates I'm all ears!

Give a man a fish and he will have to spend about two grand on a setup.

Current Tank Info: JBJ RL 30
zack1a is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2013, 12:26 AM   #15
reeferfulton
Registered Member

I too would like to hear about this thing .. aside from a few pics , seems info is pretty sparse on the net ..

I am looking at purchasing my first controller. mine as well make it the newest on the market ..... or not . who knows

reeferfulton is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/08/2013, 03:55 AM   #16
unze
Registered Member

Check this, looks like it will be a great controller,http://http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNLXMXh4YPI

unze is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/15/2013, 03:38 PM   #17
wallacefan
Registered Member

what happened to this?

wallacefan is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/24/2015, 03:14 AM   #18
Eugenereefguy
Registered Member

Why can't I find this for sale anywhere?

So I been looking for this all I can find is a couple YouTube videos and some threads like this when anybody know anything

Eugenereefguy is offline   Reply With Quote