Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Aquaforest
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/07/2017, 01:33 PM   #1
lifer
Registered Member

Cleaner Filter Socks using Aquaforest vs NOPOX

I have recently switched from Red Sea NOPOX to Aquaforest NP Pro and Pro Bio S. I've noticed that when I was using NOPOX, my filter sock would clog after 2 days and would overflow, and my skimmer would frequently overflow and go crazy and I would be constantly tuning it. Since switching to AF, my sock if still going after 8 days, and my skimmer has stabilized and is producing good skim. I have been monitoring ammonia with seneye and it is stable and my nitrates are still at 2.0ppm and phosphates at 0.01, same as it was with Nopox. Anyone else have a similar experience?

lifer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/07/2017, 08:54 PM   #2
120reefer
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lifer View Post
I have recently switched from Red Sea NOPOX to Aquaforest NP Pro and Pro Bio S. I've noticed that when I was using NOPOX, my filter sock would clog after 2 days and would overflow, and my skimmer would frequently overflow and go crazy and I would be constantly tuning it. Since switching to AF, my sock if still going after 8 days, and my skimmer has stabilized and is producing good skim. I have been monitoring ammonia with seneye and it is stable and my nitrates are still at 2.0ppm and phosphates at 0.01, same as it was with Nopox. Anyone else have a similar experience?

I can't say that I switched, but I have had awesome results with AF Pro Bio S and NP Pro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

120reefer is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/30/2017, 10:11 AM   #3
madreefer2013
Registered Member

NOPOX is garbage

madreefer2013 is offline   Reply With Quote