Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Lighting, Filtration & Other Equipment
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 01/18/2019, 12:18 AM   #1
Johnic
Registered Member

New XR15 - SPS AB+ question

I have the AB+ program setup but modified it to have a longer morning startup and a longer evening wind down. I still have a 7 hour peak as per the original AB+ program.
My morning starts at 11am and get to full intensity (40%) by 1pm.
My evening starts at 8pm and drops to 10pm with a moonlight from 10pm to 11pm with 11pm at complete shut down.

Question: Is this ok and will i still get the benefits of the AB+ program or am i exposing the coral to a longer light exposure of 11 hours vs the 9 AB+ comes with ??

75 Lee Mar Peninsula Tank, Reef Octo Elite 150, Custom Advanced Acrylic Sump, (2) MP40, Vectra M2 Main Pump, (2) XR15 Pro, Clear Water ATS CW-50, Alkatronic,GHL Doser 2.1, Apex Neptune El with Trident
Johnic is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/18/2019, 05:52 AM   #2
mcgyvr
Registered Member

Its fine.. Its likely more than needed but its not going to cause problems..
There is no LED program thats perfect for all situations and much of it.. Including the AB+ is a "hey.. it seems to work ok.. lets stick with that"..
And people adopt it because there are just SOOO many ways to modify a LED light program that its easier to just go with one that has shown to work in the past..

Unread 01/18/2019, 10:38 AM   #3
Johnic
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcgyvr View Post
Its fine.. Its likely more than needed but its not going to cause problems..
There is no LED program thats perfect for all situations and much of it.. Including the AB+ is a "hey.. it seems to work ok.. lets stick with that"..
And people adopt it because there are just SOOO many ways to modify a LED light program that its easier to just go with one that has shown to work in the past..
Gotcha....makes sense...
I had a Gen 1 years ago, went to custom T5/LED combo from Nanobox and was tired of changing out T5 and heat load and went back to Ecotech and got 2 XR15 Pro’s.
Fingers crossed. Ill do a 6 week acclimation starting at 50%

75 Lee Mar Peninsula Tank, Reef Octo Elite 150, Custom Advanced Acrylic Sump, (2) MP40, Vectra M2 Main Pump, (2) XR15 Pro, Clear Water ATS CW-50, Alkatronic,GHL Doser 2.1, Apex Neptune El with Trident
Johnic is offline   Reply With Quote