Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > General Interest Forums > Do It Yourself
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 05/03/2011, 06:15 AM   #26
fishing2008
Registered Member

a similar design
http://forum.simplydiscus.com/showth...kind+of+filter

fishing2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 01/28/2012, 01:30 PM   #27
BaronVonDango
Registered Member.

I just built 2 sizes for my 75, both work wonderfully.
Extremely basic. 2 gallon bucket with 1.5 inch drain and a 1 gallon with 1 inch drain.
Inside the buckets the pipe has an elbow to suck air in and break siphon. The output is submerged in the tank for backflow( this keeps pressure in the pipe so the bucket fills before it launches.) I also have a hole above the waterlines to my outputs for air to escape.
My bubbles are mostly huge and rise straightup. Some go through tank.

I made them blacked out on painkillers from my recent 'surge'ry ironically.
(Don't worry bean animal, my earth tank is still @ the top of my list)
So I will get vids of it. They aren't fancy, I designed them to be concealed in the can of peas...I mean canopy.

Listen. Unless you get an actuated valve or some kind of on off float switch bubbles will always be there. Corals love bubbles imo, they are from the ocean after all. I swear a surge device of any kind is like luther vandross to lps. Mine spermed the water after a few hours of its new climate

BaronVonDango is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carlson surge device, csd, surge, syphon, water flow