Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 06/22/2019, 01:55 AM   #1
Tanthaitrung
Registered Member

Flying anemones

Dear all,

Today I would like to share the thing, that keeps my anemones flying but unmoving

This is my friend’s “invention”, who is from Vietnam. It’s the cup, that hobbyists use to grow plants in freshwater tank. It’s diameter is 6cm and the height is 7cm, can keep medium anemone.

We don’t know why they are not moving and not sure they will be there forever but it’s 5 months my friend’s Haddoni is still there (mine are 2 months).

I will update every few months.

Have a nice weekend
Khanh

Attached Images
File Type: jpg EDB3B8BE-3D39-4C07-BC41-4DEAFC9DC2A6.jpg (61.6 KB, 40 views)
File Type: jpg D68C8E68-5AF4-46B3-B08D-38928CDC22AC.jpg (53.9 KB, 39 views)
File Type: jpg 002C1D50-DAB6-4651-A259-8ADE847EB4E1.jpg (31.7 KB, 36 views)
Tanthaitrung is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2019, 07:27 AM   #2
OrionN
Moved on

It is not easy to understand what you wrote. Do you mean that keeping the anemone in a cup you can move him to various places in the tank without having to dig him up?

If this is the case, it is hardly your invention. Various Reefers have keep sand anemones in container of sand, especially when they don’t have a sand bed in their tank. Can even pack the container up and move to another city by flying although I would recommended clear it with the airline security first.

A long time ago I bought some clams in LA. Flying back to Houston, I cleared it first with the airline but the person who check it in make me open the styrofoam container to inspect them then decided that after I open them up and open the triple bags the. Han s of leaking is too high and did not allow me to take it on the plane or check in as luggage. My brother have to take it back to the store and they mail it to me.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2019, 08:11 AM   #3
Tanthaitrung
Registered Member

Sorry about my English. I mean this cup can keep anemone unmoving. My friend, who keeps his anemone in this cup and it is not moving after 5 months

Unread 06/22/2019, 09:15 AM   #4
OrionN
Moved on

If you can put a Haddoni in a container and fill it with sand, the Haddoni will be content with stay in it’s sand covered foot and stay where it is if given adequate condition of light water movement and good enough water condition.
Nice anemone.

My homepage is my album here at Reef Central

Current Tank Info: Reboot 320 anemones reef. Angels: Yellow Chest Regal(2), Flame (2). Copperband But. Tangs: Yellow, Purple. Wrasse: about 20 wrasses various species. Anemones: Giantea X4 (Breen, Blue, Purple and Multicolors), Haddoni X1 Red, Magnifica X1 Purpletip
OrionN is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/22/2019, 09:18 AM   #5
Tanthaitrung
Registered Member

Thanks for your advice

Unread 06/23/2019, 06:58 AM   #6
Planetmacro
Registered Member

I no longer use sand beds for haddoni. I fill a large glass mixing bowl with sand four inches deep. The anemone will dig into the sand and attach to the glass. If light and current is to its liking it will not move.

Planetmacro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 06/24/2019, 05:45 AM   #7
Tanthaitrung
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Planetmacro View Post
I no longer use sand beds for haddoni. I fill a large glass mixing bowl with sand four inches deep. The anemone will dig into the sand and attach to the glass. If light and current is to its liking it will not move.
Good job