Reef Central Online Community

Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Marine Fish Forums > Anemones & Clownfish
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 03/19/2007, 05:04 PM   #1
turbonegro
Registered Member

Help me remove my Anemone from my rock!

I have had this guy for a little over a year with no problems. For the past few weeks he has been causing trouble with some of my sps frags. I want to relocate him to another tanks before he kills my bali slimer and ORA turq stag. Could you give me some pointers on how to remove him. Thanks Bobby

[/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

turbonegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2007, 05:48 PM   #2
BAYONNEREEF
Registered Member.

very nice tank

BAYONNEREEF is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/19/2007, 06:15 PM   #3
zoomfish1
Registered Member

Here's what works for me. Rub ice on the foot. I used about 3 pieces; after one melts, do another, then another. Next, Take a credit card and work a small piece of the foot up. Be very careful not to tear the foot. Last, work the foot off the rock very slowly until you get it all off.

The whole process could take as long as 10-15 minutes. When you get the first small portion of the foot off the rock you'll think, wow, that was easy. Don't get too confident, that was the easy part. Go slow, this process has worked 4 or 5 times for me.

I tried pointing a powerhead at the foot, did nothing for me. May work for some, but that only makes them move, not release.

Current Tank Info: 75g RR, dsb w/90 lbs sand, 150 lb live rock, anemone & LPS tank
zoomfish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2007, 02:11 AM   #4
uscharalph
Registered Member

Ice huh!?!

Current Tank Info: 80 Gallon Reef Tank
uscharalph is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2007, 09:25 AM   #5
turbonegro
Registered Member

I tried the ice, but his foot is in a hole under the rock. Is there another way?

turbonegro is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2007, 11:28 AM   #6
jmick
Registered Member

I had the same problem with a rock anemone that had it's foot fairly deep in a hole in the rock and I needed to move him. First tried aiming a powerhead at him and that didn't work. Ended up putting a rock on top of him and that did the trick, took about 6 hours for it to move far enough for me to pull it loose.

jmick is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 03/20/2007, 12:58 PM   #7
cschweitzer
Registered Member

Put a black piece of acrylic over him to shut out the light...make it to where he is forced around the acrylic(away from the corals) to get light. They will sometimes reattach their base on the bottom of the acrylic. If this happens, you're lucky and can pull the acrylic out. If not, he will have to rearrange his base to gain light source. While moving, they are easiest to get off the rock.

Current Tank Info: 180G, mandarin dragonette, a leather, an acan, and a micromussa
cschweitzer is offline   Reply With Quote