Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > Blue Zoo Aquatics
Blogs FAQ Calendar

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 08/13/2011, 12:10 PM   #1
wycombes
Got Coral?

First order from Blue Zoo

I am very disappointed in my first order from Blue Zoo Aquatics! I certainly expected more, however what I got was shorted 4 lettuce nudis, but marked as 5 sent only got one of the 5 ordered. As far as I can tell from the paperwork, I will be charged for 5 unless I report that only one was sent, since there is no indication that only one was available, as the paperwork on the shipping invoice indicated 5 was the quanity filled. 8 trochus snails marked as sent, but 2 are empty shells. One is dead and yes, I understand that the livestock can die, but I find it incredibly annoying to receive empty shells in an order counted as a snail. There is nothing to indicate that a snail existed in the shell upon shipping, so it must have gotten vaporized upon shipment, as I can't imagine that quality control of the shipment would have gone with placing empty shells as part of the order of 8 trochus snails.

So, this would just be the order part, not the $50+ dollors for a Saturday shipment I spent (due to my work hours Sat is the only time I am available for pickup) and the 2.5 hours wasted in pictures, documenting and emailing regarding the order.

On the positive side, the sea urchin is alive upon arrival, the single nudi is also alive. The 5 remaining trochus snails, well that remains to be seen. The snails are shipped in a bag with a wet paper towel rather than in water.

I am waiting on the final results of what I consider a very poor first order from Blue Zoo.

Current Tank Info: 20g reef Elos
wycombes is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/13/2011, 09:18 PM   #2
wycombes
Got Coral?

Well, out of the 8 snails that I ordered, 6 arrived that actually had snail substance in the shell, one was dead in the bag and I couldn't tell with the other 5 but put them in the tank to see. Anyway, just to update, only one seems to have survived the trip and is moving in the tank. The other 4 aren't any different from what they looked like when I acclimated them (unattached, no foot out). Less than 50% (3 of 8, a snail, a nudi and an urchin) of the shipped animals actually survived to move around in the tank.

Unread 08/16/2011, 03:51 PM   #3
BlueZooAquatics
RC Sponsor

Hi Charles. Thanks for the update on the order. Sorry you had a bad experience your first time with us. Your replacement shipment has already been scheduled and will be leaving our facility per your instructions this Friday for Saturday delivery.

Thank you for your business. We greatly appreciate it.

BlueZooAquatics is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/16/2011, 04:37 PM   #4
wycombes
Got Coral?

Yes, I appreciate the set up for the replacement order! I have to add that this is being sent and shipped without charge, I am very thankful for that.

Unread 08/20/2011, 11:00 AM   #5
wycombes
Got Coral?

I got the rest of the shipment and replacements today. Everything, lettuce nudis (4) and 8 trochus all alive and well in the tank!! I am happy with the final outcome and appreciate the call and emails to arrange another shipment after the mishap with the first.

The sea urchin has been at home in the tank since the first shipment, no problems. The lettuce nudi from the first shipment decided to free fall into the powerhead one day or it would be doing well also. I have to turned off the powerhead for now until I can figure out some safety measure for these nudis.

Yes, I would order form you again.
Thanks Blue Zoo
C

Unread 08/24/2011, 09:45 PM   #6
jpfishfan09
Registered Member

I have considered ordering from Bluezoo, so this helps ^^

jpfishfan09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/24/2011, 09:51 PM   #7
flameangel88
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpfishfan09 View Post
I have considered ordering from Bluezoo, so this helps ^^
They are great to work with and whenever there's a problem just drop an email or call and they'll take care of the problem. I've ordered many times from them and I can tell you they've great customer service.

flameangel88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 08/26/2011, 10:21 PM   #8
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member

Yes, why wouldn't you just call or email before going on a forum to vent. It should be a last resort.

Unread 08/27/2011, 07:31 AM   #9
Jeremy Blaze
Former Reef Addict

That is the perfered meathod for shipping snails (wet towel) I always freak people out when I bag mine that way! Also, allowing the sanils to acclimate themselves into the tank water will increase survivability.

Good to see Bluezoo took care of you!

Unread 09/18/2011, 07:41 PM   #10
TChristman
Premium Member

Public forum should be a very last resort to solve a bad experience. If they fix the problem it should not have to get here. I have ordered from them before and I have had good experiences.

TChristman is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2011, 08:04 PM   #11
ariel47
Premium Member

Nothing but praises for BZA here.

ariel47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/18/2011, 08:23 PM   #12
Eastamherstbias
Registered Member

I agree, it was bad form.

Unread 09/24/2011, 08:49 PM   #13
WI reefer55
Registered Member

his money his order he can do what he pleases.

if anything I think blue zoo would thank him as he just showed us how respectful blue zoo can be in a event when they screwed up and I for one will not hesitate to order from them after seeeing this

WI reefer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/06/2011, 11:02 AM   #14
135salt
Registered Member

I have ordered from many internet companies over the years. It has been more often that they just give you a credit for future purchase whether the animal was DOA or died in their stay alive period. We usually but a large enough quantity to mitigate the shipping costs. So the credit for the loss of 1 animal won't warrant paying for a quick re-ship. It was great that Blue Zoo took care to make you whole. That should be the way it is always done!

135salt is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2011, 01:35 PM   #15
rogermccray
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wi reefer55 View Post

If anything i think blue zoo would thank him as he just showed us how respectful blue zoo can be in a event when they screwed up and i for one will not hesitate to order from them after seeeing this
+1

rogermccray is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/10/2011, 01:53 PM   #16
sdmarriott1
Registered Member

I have always had a great experience ordering from Blue Zoo.

sdmarriott1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2011, 11:52 AM   #17
Kribs
Registered Member

This thread helps a lot. I am still debating between them or diversden aka liveaquaria.

Kribs is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2011, 02:14 PM   #18
coralnut99
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WI reefer55 View Post

if anything I think blue zoo would thank him as he just showed us how respectful blue zoo can be in a event when they screwed up and I for one will not hesitate to order from them after seeeing this
+2 It's a vendor experience forum. He documented everything from start to happy ending. If anything he displayed the vendor's willingness to make it right.

Current Tank Info: way too much to list, and still adding more!
coralnut99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/19/2011, 02:18 PM   #19
coralnut99
Registered Member

PS. Shipping livestock is just never 100% perfect. DOAs happen. What sets most apart is the frequency of DOAs and how they deal with them, that separates good and bad vendors.

Current Tank Info: way too much to list, and still adding more!
coralnut99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 10/21/2011, 03:35 PM   #20
C0rp
Registered Member

He did call. He did document. He did email. He did publish his experience. He did nothing wrong. This forum should be a place for people to see how vendors handle business, good or bad. This case was good. Good posts.

75RR, 4" DSB, 29G AE Tech Sump/fuge/ETSS skimmer w Mag9.5, Mag5 Return, RKE w Net, Tunze Osmolator, Tradewind 1/5HP Chiller, 6x54 ATI T5HO, Vortech MP40WES/MP10WES w/Battery Backup, Sarcophyton, Clavularia, Capnella, Briareum, Lobophytum, Nepthea, Sinularia Flexibilis, Ricordia, Discosoma, Rhodactis, Zoanthus, Caulastrea, Blastomussa Wellsi, Isaurus Tuberculatus, Seriatopora Hystrix, Plerogyra Sinuosa, Euphyllia Paradivisia, Tubipora Musica, Ecsenius Midas, Paracheilinus Carpenteri

Current Tank Info: pH 8.0-8.2, Temp 78-80, Salinity 1.026, Alk 9dKH, Ca 400, Red Sea Coral Pro Salt
C0rp is offline   Reply With Quote