Go Back   Reef Central Online Community > Sponsor Forums > EcoTech Marine
Blogs FAQ Calendar Mark Forums Read

Notices

User Tag List

Unread 09/07/2017, 07:54 PM   #1
rocsec1
Registered Member

T5 and radion

So I just finished mounting a razor T5 fixture next to my radions to supplement my lighting. As soon as I turned on the T5's the radions went crazy. Flickering, changing light levels and so on. Has anyone else had this happened and how did you fix it?
Thanks

rocsec1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Unread 09/08/2017, 05:33 AM   #2
rocsec1
Registered Member

So after some more research I found that I need to disable the control buttons. The fixtures are mounted in my hood and it will be a pain to remove to take to my computer. Can I run ecosmartlive on my iPad and hook them fixture up using the USB cable to the iPad?

Unread 09/19/2017, 07:00 PM   #3
rocsec1
Registered Member

Ok so I spent an hour tonight trying to program the fixtures using ecosmart live and a USB cable. I can see the them, make the button changes. I pressed done when I finished with both lights. And ecosmart starts the whirling circle of nothingness. After 5 minutes or so it says it can't see my lights and tells me to disconnect everything and start again. So I did three times. Now I am pretty frustrated by the whole thing. Please help. I can't take a vacation day to do this over the phone so some pretty simple instruction would really help me. I followed the directions to the letter but keep getting stopped as soon as I press done.
When I restart my radions pop right back up. I go through the steps hit done are I am back to the spinning wheel.
Well at least this time it didn't kick them out of my apex. Isn't there a way to do this through the apex.
I am wondering if the connection manager isn't actually running, although when I run task manager it says the connection manager is running.

Last edited by rocsec1; 09/20/2017 at 07:11 AM.
Unread 09/29/2017, 08:18 AM   #4
jccaclimber
Registered Member

Does the programming work when the T5s are off? Aquarium T5 fixtures seem to be particularly bad about not really being compliant in terms of electrical noise. It took me several months to figure out that the 4 bulb T5HO fixture of my freshwater tank was the reason the digital dimmer switches in my house were misbehaving. I've had the fixture for years and I suspect it's been putting noise into the house electrical that entire time. It just didn't cause a conflict with anything until we moved.
The particularly annoying thing is that in my case the manufacturer seemed entirely aware when I called them, and wrote it off with "we use a different part in new ones".

jccaclimber is offline   Reply With Quote